Hello guys...
    Today arrived my PlayBook 32GB (wi-fi only), thanks to Marmalade ( Mobile Applications Development, iPhone & Android App Development | Marmalade ).
    I already have a PlayBook 64GB, so I'm not sure to what to do with the new one, with that in mind I come to you guys, to give me some suggestions.
    I was thinking about rooting it (maybe I could learn a thing or two with it rooted, not sure), since I still didn't powered it on. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by cylaer; 10-17-12 at 11:00 PM.
    10-17-12 10:36 PM
    Give it to a close friend/relative and use the video chat function.

I don't think new pb's can be rooted but could be wrong.
    Cracklen and Carl Estes like this.
    10-17-12 10:59 PM
    Hummm... Maybe I'll give it to my mother or my sister.
    BTW, it's the "old" PlayBook, the wi-fi only.
    10-17-12 11:06 PM
    Get BBM working well on it and report back with repro steps.
    10-18-12 12:57 AM
    I just set another one up at home as a media player on my tv...bridges it to my bold 9900, and used the remote control to watch movies, surf youtube, etc....LOVE IT!!!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-18-12 01:09 AM
    If you're a developer, or a power user who likes "tinkering", a second device always comes in handy to test beta OS versions...
    10-18-12 02:25 AM
    ill give u 99 for it
    10-18-12 02:36 AM
    Mount it in the bedroom - loads of fun & multiple function..heh heh
    10-18-12 06:02 AM
    Use it as an in car infotainment solution.
    Use the bluetooth gateway accessory to connect to your existing stereo, cache maps of your area using sideloaded maps- app and then use sideloaded google maps for in car navigation. Music, and Navigation, Multitasking in your car!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-18-12 06:59 AM
    Bless somebody with a gift that they will cherish for a long time. It's a good thing to do. Remember to pray about it first that you are led to the right person.
    10-18-12 06:59 AM
    One at home, one at work. Don't have to carry back and forth.

Use one as GPS in car?
    10-18-12 03:45 PM
    Yea, or send it to me
    10-18-12 04:26 PM
    I would give it away for an X-Mas end of year gift or sell it. Your choice of course but you could always find a deserving hospital that may appreciate having one for kids to play on in their cancer wards as well.

Jeff Gedgaud
    10-18-12 07:36 PM
    Mount it in the bedroom - loads of fun & multiple function..heh heh
    Now we just need a "mirror app" for that setup...........

C
    07-10-13 05:08 PM
    Hello guys...
    Today arrived my PlayBook 32GB (wi-fi only), thanks to Marmalade ( Mobile Applications Development, iPhone & Android App Development | Marmalade ).
    I already have a PlayBook 64GB, so I'm not sure to what to do with the new one, with that in mind I come to you guys, to give me some suggestions.
    I was thinking about rooting it (maybe I could learn a thing or two with it rooted, not sure), since I still didn't powered it on. What do you guys think?
    You can donate it to a good cause.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-826469/
    07-10-13 07:46 PM
    I want to use mine as a spot monitor. Wish there was a way to plug video in

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:56 PM
    Let me explain my project. I want to get my hands on a playbook to use as a desktop setup for the kids. I figure hooking up a pb to a monitor via hdmi/vga adapter, and pairing a bluetooth keyboard and mouse would yield a pretty nice desktop for things like games and simple office apps for the kids' school work. I figure anything they need to print we can upload to dropbox or google drive, then print from mine or my wife's laptops.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried a similar pb desktop setup, and what your results have been. Oh, and btw if you're not using your pb and would like to donate to a worthy cause, I'll be glad to take it off your hands.
    07-11-13 02:51 PM
    Let me explain my project. I want to get my hands on a playbook to use as a desktop setup for the kids. I figure hooking up a pb to a monitor via hdmi/vga adapter, and pairing a bluetooth keyboard and mouse would yield a pretty nice desktop for things like games and simple office apps for the kids' school work. I figure anything they need to print we can upload to dropbox or google drive, then print from mine or my wife's laptops.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried a similar pb desktop setup, and what your results have been. Oh, and btw if you're not using your pb and would like to donate to a worthy cause, I'll be glad to take it off your hands.
    Some of that might work. Some games can be a problem controlling if you (or they) are not directly using the pb's touchscreen. I have not tried a real bt mouse but trying to use my bb phone as a controller was not that easy.
    07-11-13 03:55 PM
    Limited Production and Infamous

Remove the battery then box it up and save it for your grandchildren. By then it might be worth a lot as a piece of tech history.
    07-11-13 04:12 PM