Just guessing here..but Value For Money?
    Yup...Value For Money...
    Last edited by sam_b77; 04-30-12 at 04:23 PM.
    04-30-12 04:20 PM
    Yup...Value For Money...
    Thanks!

As for the Tata vehicle...I'd have to buy two
    04-30-12 04:29 PM
    Oh yeah the great Indian obsession with VFM....If it's any good it has to be cheap right??? Micromax is the best as it's Indian and it's cheap.

A friend of mine just got it and that's how I came to know about it. Guess what Mr.VFM he says it's garbage. Says the screen is non-responsive, it hangs when you open two apps together and overall he tossed it in the trash. So VFM is throwing away 7000 bucks rather than spending 19000 and get something that works. Good job. That's the kind of thinking that has brought our country where it is. VFM. Spend 2 bucks where ten are needed and then cry over bad roads, bad buildings, bad power supply...but hey its VFM.
    Remember the Light Combat Aircraft we tried to make for 20 yrs because Russian and American fighters were too expensive and we wanted VFM...well guess what, it didn't fly.

Then we tried to make a VFM Advanced Light Helicopter....didn't fly.

Then we spent 15 yrs making our VFM tank called Arjun...guess what it doesn't work and still not inducted in the Army.
    The American military advisors laughed their a**es off watching our VFM attempts. And the Russians are still laughing and it's just not the vodka...they sold their decommissioned Aircraft Carrier to us for three the times the cost of a new one simply because we were trying to make our own VFM carrier and by the time we figured that we can't make a carrier for $50, the two we had basically melted into the sea.
    Eventually we spent more money in trying to make the VFM products than it would have costed us buying them from America, which we are eventually doing anyway.

Sorry for the rant but India's obsession with VFM riles me up.
    Why did we all buy up a playbook at discounted price?
    VFM
    Why has Android literally killed BB?
    VFM
    Why is BB10 under development?
    For better VFM.
    Why was this the situation of an apple store on the date of new ipad launch?

VFM

No VFM= Luxury
    Luxury is to individuals what VFM is to masses.
    So it would be better if you talk about public in a public forum. Personal opinions go into diaries.
    04-30-12 05:12 PM
    Uh, that's not a PB copy at all. It's just a tablet.
    04-30-12 05:42 PM
    Yup found out more.
    Its for Rs.6,999 which is US$134.00
    Its got USB OTG, can connect to a USB dongle for internet access.
    A friend even bought one. Says the touchscreen is horrible and it stops responding when you open multiple apps. Seems par for the course.
    Man why would someone buy Micromax, it's got the worst customer support. I feel sorry for your friend, he's gonna have a hard time.
    04-30-12 06:02 PM
    Looks like junk
    04-30-12 06:42 PM
    Lol. There are a few hundred tablet models available in the US.
    There is only one model available worldwide that has the RIM QNX OS.
    Just because a tablet was handmade for the Indian market is no big deal.
    04-30-12 08:48 PM
    I don't understand how could one compare a master piece like a playbook with a s@#t like funbook..

My friend did get one ... and believe me its a waste of money ... I did get to handle it and the moment i touched the back of the tab i could see waves generating in the lcd screen on the front where my fingers touched the back..
    Playbook os is way cooler than android 4.0 ...
    The screen is no way closer to what playbook has to offer ...
    I'll stop it here .. and would rather waste that money in buying some coool apps / games ... or if I had that kind of sum back then I would have rather bought a 64 GB playbook...
    With this rush of games and apps .. I really wish my 16 GB playbook was expandable
    04-30-12 09:59 PM
    I don't understand how could one compare a master piece like a playbook with a s@#t like funbook..

My friend did get one ... and believe me its a waste of money ... I did get to handle it and the moment i touched the back of the tab i could see waves generating in the lcd screen on the front where my fingers touched the back..
    Playbook os is way cooler than android 4.0 ...
    The screen is no way closer to what playbook has to offer ...
    I'll stop it here .. and would rather waste that money in buying some coool apps / games ... or if I had that kind of sum back then I would have rather bought a 64 GB playbook...
    With this rush of games and apps .. I really wish my 16 GB playbook was expandable

Thanks for the words; I can update my best selling thread.
    04-30-12 10:01 PM
    Cos maybe they did a survey and found the iPad to be stale. ...snip
    They should of did a survey to find out what makes a tablet sell. Infinitely more useful. There is already a pile of unsuccessful tablets.

Lol. There are a few hundred tablet models available in the US.
    There is only one model available worldwide that has the RIM QNX OS.
    Just because a tablet was handmade for the Indian market is no big deal.
    +1
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 04-30-12 at 10:50 PM.
    04-30-12 10:48 PM
    Man why would someone buy Micromax, it's got the worst customer support. I feel sorry for your friend, he's gonna have a hard time.
    Oh that he is already having.
    He ordered two of them. Apparently when something is "VFM" people tend to buy a lot.
    Anyway he opened the package and found only one while the invoice was for two. He is trying to get Micromax to send him another one but he is facing troubles.
    Nothing good is ever cheap.
    05-01-12 12:14 AM
    To me most tablets look the same.. They are all rectangular with different types of edges :P
    Except maybe the Sony Tablet S (They sure made that one different)
    So copy of playbook? wouldn't really say that..
    And yeah they are coming up with lots of cheap tablets in india (we even had a 35$ tablet as a aid to education for students)
    They aren't exactly top end but then quite a large population here in India can't really afford a good spec, good brand name tablet..
    05-01-12 12:43 AM
    might hate VFM but to be successful in India, things have to have VFM and resale value. Buying a tablet for 25k and in few months seeing it sell for 14k won't thrill many here. Of course there are millionaire kids here who wont mind getting every tablet that releases just to see if it is good enough (which ordinary ones like me do by going to a store and requesting the shop guy to let us use for few minutes) but for the majority, tablets are a luxury. Anyway, these low end tablets are usually bought by those who don't expect a lot from a tab - Just some browsing and movies.
    05-01-12 01:30 AM
    To me most tablets look the same.. They are all rectangular with different types of edges :P
    Except maybe the Sony Tablet S (They sure made that one different)
    So copy of playbook? wouldn't really say that..
    And yeah they are coming up with lots of cheap tablets in india (we even had a 35$ tablet as a aid to education for students)
    They aren't exactly top end but then quite a large population here in India can't really afford a good spec, good brand name tablet..
    Actually Sony was inspired by the design from an Indian company called Notion Ink ..check out their made in India tablet called Adam.....
    The cheapest tablet in India is called Aakash... It's a project taken up by the government of India to provide online education to its students.... Checkout its alternative name called ubislate 7+

might hate VFM but to be successful in India, things have to have VFM and resale value. Buying a tablet for 25k and in few months seeing it sell for 14k won't thrill many here. Of course there are millionaire kids here who wont mind getting every tablet that releases just to see if it is good enough (which ordinary ones like me do by going to a store and requesting the shop guy to let us use for few minutes) but for the majority, tablets are a luxury. Anyway, these low end tablets are usually bought by those who don't expect a lot from a tab - Just some browsing and movies.
    I totally agree... It's all about value for money... That's why Apple fails to sell volumes in India....
    Last edited by cavemen; 05-01-12 at 03:03 AM.
    05-01-12 02:54 AM
    Actually Sony was inspired by the design from an Indian company called Notion Ink ..check out their made in India tablet called Adam.....
    The cheapest tablet in India is called Aakash... It's a project taken up by the government of India to provide online education to its students.... Checkout its alternative name called ubislate 7+
    Ahh I didn't know bout Adam tab.. But I do know bout Aakash tab (its cost is said to be 35$) .. I live in India
    05-01-12 03:12 AM
    It's not really a copy though is it just another 7" andriod tablet to add to the collection not a patch on the playbook
    05-01-12 04:39 AM
    Why is this a Playbook copy cat? Do we need a thread like this for every new 7" Android tablet?
    05-01-12 07:47 AM
    I think the same company which makes the PB for RIM is selling the design to everyone.

Meet the Funbook (even the name ).
    Micromax :: Funbook

Micromax is a low end budget Android phone seller in India. Get the phones made in China, slap on Android and you have a high tech product for the masses.
    Looks more like an Ipad to me
    05-02-12 08:52 AM
    Let's be fair, the PB is a rectangle with a black bezel and a screen... It's not like RIM exercised any serious design creativity.
    05-03-12 08:19 AM
    interesting, now everyone can also throw this into the kindle fire vs playbook comparisons.

reading the specs on that tablet however, low res screen, 512mb ram, no bluetooth or wireless-N (g only) slightly lower batt life, i wonder how much it costs. the only nice thing about it is it runs android 4.0 and not some silly customized version, as well as possibly USB OTG.
    Well.. Even like that it got more cool features than playbook (ICS) meaning, you can play draw something, skype, tango, ovvoo,run temple, cordy sky.. All those cool games and applications without having to pay for it, streaming full HD videos just like playbook and browse the full Internet, god knows if better than playbook (without checkers squares ) so even like that it would be better option than playbook, not having to wait 3years or lord knows how long to get all the mentioned apps on playbook... More options
    05-03-12 09:07 AM
    Well.. Even like that it got more cool features than playbook (ICS) meaning, you can play draw something, skype, tango, ovvoo,run temple, cordy sky.. All those cool games and applications without having to pay for it, streaming full HD videos just like playbook and browse the full Internet, god knows if better than playbook (without checkers squares ) so even like that it would be better option than playbook, not having to wait 3years or lord knows how long to get all the mentioned apps on playbook... More options
    I thought you moved on to a Samsung tablet. They probably have a forum.
    05-03-12 09:21 AM
    I thought you moved on to a Samsung tablet. They probably have a forum.
    I did move to a galaxy tab 2 and they do have forums, but unfortunately I did waste 200.00$ on pb because I was told it runs android. And we'll... Even if you like it or not I still own my playbook, I won't just throw it away, did cost me money, so I do have the right of post or quote in here much as I can! Do you have a problem with that?
    Last edited by berryaddict338; 05-03-12 at 12:45 PM.
    05-03-12 12:42 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD