I joined the ranks of Blackberry Playbook owners today (2/5/12), buying the 16 GB model at Best Buy for $200 + tax (actually $185 + tax because I had some Best Buy Reward Zone certificates). After encountering some problems creating a Blackberry account (have never had a Blackberry smartphone before - I'm not sure why there is no choice of targeted security confirmation questions), I played around with it for a couple hours, loading a number of free apps. Blackberry QNX/BBX/10 (whatever it is officially called right now) reminds me a lot of webOS with the gesture interface. Actually, IMO in some ways the Playbook is what the HP TouchPad should have been hardware-wise (except for the size difference of course) - it seems to have a very solid build. I like what I've seen so far in my limited use, but will need to use it a lot more before I get a better sense of what I like and don't like.

I do have a couple of questions for everyone - what are some good tech news apps available on QNX/BBX/BB 10? I have downloaded the CrackBerry, Blackberry News, GeekPeek, and TechRadar apps. Also, what are some of the good sports news/scores apps available, particularly for NFL/college football, MLB, and/or NBA/college basketball? I was amazed that there was no ESPN ScoreCenter or MLB At-Bat app available. I did download the Pro Football Weekly app.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    02-05-12 05:40 PM
    For tech news there is eWeek and Channel insider. There should be a lot more tech magazines available when 2.0 is released later this month when Zinio for the PB is released. For sports scores Score Mobile is excellent and free.

Enjoy your new PlayBook and welcome to. The PlayBook family.
    02-05-12 06:06 PM
    Score Mobile is a nice "all in one" sports scores app.
    02-05-12 06:17 PM
    Welcome to the family! You own the best tablet out there - seriously.....and it's about to get a lot better!
    02-05-12 06:19 PM
    Score Mobile is a nice "all in one" sports scores app.
    Its funny because Score mobile app is better than The Score TV channel.
    02-05-12 06:35 PM
    Congrats and welcome. Your right about the PB's solid build and the os is about to catch up. I think you will find much happiness with it. I'm sure you will have lots of questions, but not to worry. You should find all the answers you need here on CB.
    02-05-12 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD