In the private training room someone asked the speaker what materials it was made of. He said he didn't know but another rep dropped his own 2 times that day and nothing happened. Of course they were on carpet.... But like I said, it felt like glass. If not it was a strong plastic!

Also I tried asking some people about battery and they were still saying it was being optimized up to release. One rep said he uses his moderately and it lasts 2 days for him. Obviously that's not with straight usage. He said mostly just browsing the web here and there. I don't know if he was exaggerating or not but it sounded impressive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did you hear anything about the hdmi cable being included?

04-08-11 11:24 AM

I was wondering the same. Usually the usb cable is included and headphones are included with the handsets if I remember correctly. So that would mean each input comes with the cable for them. That COULD mean a mini HDMI cable comes with it but nothing was mentioned.

So if you're wondering whether or not to buy a separate mini HDMI cable for now, I'd hold off until we find out because it may just be included.
    04-08-11 11:37 AM
    Micro HDMI is included as per the other LA thread. I think it was that thread anyway.
    UrbanGlowCam and drjay868 like this.
    04-08-11 11:40 AM
    wow there wasnt many people there. but then again no one knows about the device either or about these events
    yeah. I noticed the same thing.
    04-08-11 11:44 AM

I was wondering the same. Usually the usb cable is included and headphones are included with the handsets if I remember correctly. So that would mean each input comes with the cable for them. That COULD mean a mini HDMI cable comes with it but nothing was mentioned.

So if you're wondering whether or not to buy a separate mini HDMI cable for now, I'd hold off until we find out because it may just be included.
    Micro HDMI is included as per the other LA thread. I think it was that thread anyway.
    Yupe. Case, cable, charger, screen wipe.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/li...02/index2.html

Post #1 has all the info.
    04-08-11 11:45 AM
    Yupe. Case, cable, charger, screen wipe.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/li...02/index2.html

Post #1 has all the info.
    Right. I heard the rep mention those things too. I just didn't hear him specificy if it was an HDMI cable along with the USB.

But theruined is probably more observant than me and got it outta them

Also the guy at accessories told me the charger that comes with the Playbook is universal so it can be used in most countries. It also works for your current Blackberry handsets.

On the other hand, the rapid charger can be used for the Playbook to charge it twice as fast but will not work for the handsets. I'd imagine your everyday Pearl would explode hardcore. Also, he said the rapid charger would charge the Playbook in about an hour. Crazy! It's pricey though.
    bighap likes this.
    04-08-11 12:06 PM
    1 hour to rapid charge is awesome. Means I should be able to tolerate the 2 hour charge of the standard charger.
    04-08-11 12:13 PM

Also the guy at accessories told me the charger that comes with the Playbook is universal so it can be used in most countries. It also works for your current Blackberry handsets.
    Maybe this guy.

BlackBerry Micro-USB International Travel Charger - CrackBerry Canada

Same setup I got with my storm.
    04-08-11 12:16 PM
    Maybe this guy.

BlackBerry Micro-USB International Travel Charger - CrackBerry Canada

Same setup I got with my storm.
    Yeah it's similar. It was more of a glossy black. It appeared more like this
    Amazon.com: RIM ASY-24479-002 USB Power Plag - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories but I imagine the same interchangeable heads like the Blackberrys we have now.
    04-08-11 12:52 PM
    Just the fact that if it can charge even a "trickle" charge via USB would be awsome, my Xoom can't. But if my Playbook can I would be happy. Silly motorola.
    04-08-11 02:31 PM
    Right. I heard the rep mention those things too. I just didn't hear him specificy if it was an HDMI cable along with the USB.

But theruined is probably more observant than me and got it outta them
    +1 I had a burning desire to know! lol
    04-08-11 04:19 PM
    It would take forever to trickle charge either device.
    04-08-11 04:28 PM
    It would take forever to trickle charge either device.
    trickle charge 5300mAh
    04-08-11 06:02 PM
    Here's a link to another video from YouTube from one of the training events....looking good!

04-08-11 08:21 PM
    God I wish they would do on here in NJ I would take a day off. As far as glitch flash meh at least our products are getting it. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
    04-10-11 01:00 AM
    I played with a PlayBook last weekend from my friend's brother who works at QNX. I can confirm that there was a Video Chat icon on the device I was using and that they are working around the clock to tweek everything before the launch.

04-10-11 04:28 PM
    by trickle charge i mean the low amp low volt charge you get from plugging in a device like this (5300mha) to a computers usb port. The usb can't handle over 5vdc and i think its 2-4amps. a typical gel, agm, or serviceable battery @ 12vdc trickle charges @6vdc with amps around 7-8 if I'm remembering right. The battery in the xoom and the ipad can't handle a low volt charge I guess the lithium ion (L-ion) batteries can't step up the voltage like the others can.
    As far as the training events I'm not going into New York city ever and I won't be able to go to philly until next year due to work schedule. As it is I'm in Toms River in NJ pretty far east from both of those, about 1.5 hours from philly and 2.5-5hours from New York city depending on the traffic.
    But since i returned my xoom and got my laptop i saw the setup in staples for the playbook, I went up and gave it a hug and whispered i knew you were real. Seriously people looked at me weird. Except one the cashiers i was talking to before giggled at me.
    Last edited by drethos; 04-10-11 at 05:59 PM.
    04-10-11 05:55 PM
    Awesome how all the Canadian training dates occur after launch day!
    04-10-11 08:33 PM
    Looking good! After watching the video from the previous post I'm wondering, since the PB is a multi touch device,if we'll be able to close more then one running app at a time with the gesture feature.

04-10-11 09:32 PM
    But since i returned my xoom and got my laptop i saw the setup in staples for the playbook, I went up and gave it a hug and whispered i knew you were real. Seriously people looked at me weird. Except one the cashiers i was talking to before giggled at me.
    Stop that. You're making my eyes well up... sniff...
    04-10-11 09:57 PM
    Thanks for the great review! I wish I had gone to the event.

04-10-11 10:03 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD