I work for a large telecommunications company. I just found out that we might be getting rid of blackberries in some markets as early as October .if it goes well it might be nationwide in favor of iPhone.

I love my playbook and have no intention of getting rid of it even if I loose my bridge function. It is rock solid and serves me well for what I use it for. It's sad to see how a company can loose touch with its base and fall so fast.I wonder if RIM was over confident with its product and failed to realize that if they do not stay on the cutting edge they would fall.

Your thoughts?
    08-01-12 10:14 PM
    I work for a large telecommunications company. I just found out that we might be getting rid of blackberries in some markets as early as October .if it goes well it might be nationwide in favor of iPhone.

I love my playbook and have no intention of getting rid of it even if I loose my bridge function. It is rock solid and serves me well for what I use it for. It's sad to see how a company can loose touch with its base and fall so fast.I wonder if RIM was over confident with its product and failed to realize that if they do not stay on the cutting edge they would fall.

Your thoughts?
    It's the iPhone world as we know it, especially in North America. Though Blackberry continues to grow internationally, in North America they've taken a beating. My company recently switched to iPhones as well. I hated it, but to be honest it's not that bad.

RIM is playing catch up and we all know it. Let's hope BB10 is everything their making it out to be.
    stevepar likes this.
    08-01-12 10:19 PM

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are, that you cant use punctuation :-)
    carullo likes this.
    08-01-12 10:21 PM
    here we go a grammer nazi!

08-01-12 10:28 PM
    My company just announced it also and I'm very upset that I'm going to lose my bb, but my PlayBook will keep evolving.
    08-01-12 11:38 PM
    You wll probably see many more corporations drop BB this year.... two main forces at play..... Bring you own device (BYOD) is something more and more companies are moving to.... Main issue with this appears to be many companies think it will save them money... but as IBM found this is not the case.... The second is many corporations have stopped listening to their IT department... So security has gone out the window.... wonder what will happen when security breaches start happening..... IBM has disabled many features on the Iphone...Siri being the main culprit as it send unencrypted info from the phones to Apple servers...... this will start to happen more and more and the BYOD crowd will start to feel the pinch.... If BB10 is a hit... it will not take long to make up the losses this year....
    08-02-12 12:03 AM
    The band keeps playing while the ship keeps sinking.
    No surprise with this post. RIM's demise is on the leadership at RIM. Thor is trying but he cannot fix the situation that was left to him by the founders.
    08-02-12 07:54 AM
    This has become an all to familiar site. "Out with the OLD and in with the NEW" comes to mind. Hopefully this will change with the release of BB10....whenever that might be. Maybe a little to late
    08-02-12 08:11 AM
    Why don't you post this crap in general? This is a RIM general topic, not a Playbook specific one.

Want a tissue?
    08-02-12 08:14 AM
    My thoughts are, that you cant use punctuation :-)
    Outstanding. It's can't and not cant, right?

:-)
    rcm1301 likes this.
    08-02-12 08:23 AM
    If I were running a company that relied on telecommunications as part of its business....well... I would rather use up to date Services that exist now rather than be handed IOU's and hear "coming soon" all the time as well.
    08-02-12 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD