Hello all:

I know these tablets are older but, I still see active chat about them here in the forum, so I thought I would inquire if anyone has seen this.

I was given this PB and was told it had the most current software and that it worked until it was left and forgotten. I've been able to get as far as the sequence written below, which just repeats itself. I have the original BB charger with the output listed at 1.8 amps. When I plug the cable into the PB, this is what I get.

Upon plugging in the cable to the PB, there is a delay of 4 seconds, followed by a red solid light for 16.7 seconds

Next nothing shows on the PB for 7.6 seconds.

Next the battery with the lightening bolt displays for 19.5 seconds on the screen, no LED's at this point

Followed immediately with a steady green light for 7 seconds along with a black screen.

Lastly there's no activity for 4 seconds, before it all repeats itself.

Prior to the sequence ending it has done different things. Once it ended with the red LED staying lit for close to 4 minutes then nothing, another time the red LED was on a short time followed by 5 yellow flashes before no activity presented itself.

Every times I pull the cable from the tablet and re-plug it in, the sequence restarts and seems to get longer in the number of times the sequence repeats itself. The first time it only ran the sequence a few times but, the last time it continued for close to 30 minutes.

As I write this its currently replaying the sequence over and over, as mentioned it seems to get longer each time I plug the cable into the PB once the sequence has ended. Currently well past 30 minutes this time.

Is this some sort of odd method of charging I haven't read about or something more serious?

Any thoughts? Thanks for the input.

Cheers

Shark1959
    10-10-17 05:53 PM
    Sound like the battery is drained.... when that happens the PlayBook requires stack charging...
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...=1#post8760129
    10-11-17 01:28 PM
    Thanks for the reply D.

A bit of an update but, first, I was under the impression that if you got an LED to show, followed by the battery symbol with the lightening bolt there was no need to "Stack Charge" and that the PB should now accept a charge.

To try something different I decided to plug the PB into the computer with the Desktop Manager running and when I did, it some how triggered the PB to show the Blackberry start-up screen followed by the desktop. I then heard to 2 beeps, I'm guessing to indicate it was low on power and then the screen went blank.

I'm now trying the stack charge method you suggested, to see if it makes any difference, though again, I was under the impression if the battery icon and lighting bolt were to show on the display then it should be okay to leave it to charge.

Hopefully I'm making progress.

Cheers

Shark1959
    10-11-17 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the reply D.

A bit of an update but, first, I was under the impression that if you got an LED to show, followed by the battery symbol with the lightening bolt there was no need to "Stack Charge" and that the PB should now accept a charge.

To try something different I decided to plug the PB into the computer with the Desktop Manager running and when I did, it some how triggered the PB to show the Blackberry start-up screen followed by the desktop. I then heard to 2 beeps, I'm guessing to indicate it was low on power and then the screen went blank.

I'm now trying the stack charge method you suggested, to see if it makes any difference, though again, I was under the impression if the battery icon and lighting bolt were to show on the display then it should be okay to leave it to charge.

Hopefully I'm making progress.

Cheers

Shark1959
    Let us know if it works...

Also might consider that the battery is probable five years old.... depending on usage and the luck of the draw, it just might not hold a charge anymore.
    10-12-17 08:14 AM