firstly sorry! i'm sure there are many threads but none have let me come to a final decision

i may seem fussy about what i want from a case but aren't we all? hopefully this may also help others and not just myself

okay so, a few preferences i have:
    - fairly lightweight
    - preferably leather or a nice premium material
    - looks stylish
    - a stand function would also be a plus but not necessary
    - can easily fold behind so i can hold the PB like normal with no hanging covers

any suggestions? (bearing in mind i live in the UK)

i do have a few in mind though;

1) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acase-Genuin...bUvbUpU7029128

2) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leather-Stan...bUvbUpU7029128
    this one seems similar to the i-CON carbon click case

3) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melkco-Vinta...bUvbUpU7029128
    love this one but quite pricey

and finally i love the feel of my playbook naked so the Official Envelope is also on my maybe list!

any thoughts are much appreciated and sorry for the length of this!
    01-13-12 06:23 PM
    i think the bb converter case is the one to have, they have them in staples uk for 25 quid too. im getting one when peyday comes lol.
    Lyls likes this.
    01-13-12 06:29 PM
    i think the bb converter case is the one to have, they have them in staples uk for 25 quid too. im getting one when peyday comes lol.
    haha, but the thing about that case i don't like is firstly there is nothing to keep the cover closed and secondly use of the power and volume buttoms seems a bit annoying with the rubbery inner case
    01-13-12 06:31 PM
    OEM BB Convertible leather case....
    01-13-12 06:34 PM
    haha, but the thing about that case i don't like is firstly there is nothing to keep the cover closed and secondly use of the power and volume buttoms seems a bit annoying with the rubbery inner case

ah i didnt know this i thought it sealed with a magnet or velcro or somthing good to know before i buy one.
    01-13-12 06:40 PM
    ah i didnt know this i thought it sealed with a magnet or velcro or somthing good to know before i buy one.
    The OEM leather cases have a band that keeps the case closed shut. You have to try it to know how good it is...
    01-13-12 06:45 PM
    Not sure if its available in the UK, but the targus truss case does just what you outlined.
    01-13-12 06:49 PM
    Each of the three you have listed will do what you want, neither the "bb converter case" nor the OEM BB Convertible leather case will do that. You might also want to look at the Blurex deluxe leather convertible, very slim, lightweight, not bulky, all ports accessible open or closed and the case stays shut without elastic strips or flaps to stretch around the case. The Blurex looks exactly like #2 on your list, except it is black leather. It is also the same as this one, but usually much cheaper.

StilGut UltraSlim Case Cover and Stand for Blackberry Playbook - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    01-13-12 06:51 PM
    You may want to hold out for the BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth keyboard case.

It was promised for release this month. (Which probably means February, but we're used to that now...)
    01-13-12 07:03 PM
    I have the OEM convertible case and I think it's a great choice as long as you aren't too bothered by a couple of quirks. The first as you mentioned is the ability to use the volume and power buttons through the rubber casing. I don't find it too difficult to hit the buttons through the case, although there is a sweet spot for sure that'll make things easier for you. As for the power button, I don't use it much as I shut off/put it in sleep mode via the battery icon and swipe to awaken it. The other quibble is that you'll have to leave the case open while you charge it, as the charge port is on the 'inside' of the book.

If you can overlook those things it's a sleek, stylish, and sophisticated case that will not look out of place whether you're out in public or giving a presentation at the office. However, I did get it on sale (29.99 CDN), so I may have been more inclined to overlook the flaws that otherwise would have turned me away :P
    01-13-12 07:05 PM

It was promised for release this month. (Which probably means February, but we're used to that now...)

oh now that looks good, but will it really be released and will we get it this side of the pond? i hope so.
    01-13-12 07:06 PM
    If you want to make a statement that you're all about class, while offering superb protection to the PB, in a slim and unassuming real leather case, then look no further then the OEM Blackberry Leather Journal Case.
    01-13-12 07:08 PM
    If you want to make a statement that you're all about class, while offering superb protection to the PB, in a slim and unassuming real leather case, then look no further then the OEM Blackberry Leather Journal Case.

thta the �opens like a book� case right? very classy, im looking at one of thode when playbook is coming to work with me.
    01-13-12 07:18 PM
    I have the OEM convertible case and I think it's a great choice as long as you aren't too bothered by a couple of quirks. The first as you mentioned is the ability to use the volume and power buttons through the rubber casing. I don't find it too difficult to hit the buttons through the case, although there is a sweet spot for sure that'll make things easier for you. As for the power button, I don't use it much as I shut off/put it in sleep mode via the battery icon and swipe to awaken it. The other quibble is that you'll have to leave the case open while you charge it, as the charge port is on the 'inside' of the book.

If you can overlook those things it's a sleek, stylish, and sophisticated case that will not look out of place whether you're out in public or giving a presentation at the office. However, I did get it on sale (29.99 CDN), so I may have been more inclined to overlook the flaws that otherwise would have turned me away :P
    Well, here we go again...OEM all the way:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-tips-685012/
    Last edited by copperoak; 01-13-12 at 07:28 PM.
    01-13-12 07:23 PM

Well.... that will convert my PB into a netbook; and am sure one can buy a netbook for as much $ as that case is going to cost (if/when it launches)....

Actually, I guess that's why it never launched. The OEM leather cases retail at MSRP around 50 and this one will sure be around 150....
    newbiee likes this.
    01-13-12 07:46 PM
    but, could you take a netbook out without its keyboard and still have a fully functional unit? i think playbook is the ultimate true computer tablet, its not a toy or status symbol(ipad/2) or an incomplete compromise like tge myriad of andriod tabs are. no it is the best it can be and from a reltivly small company punching well above its weight i think it is great.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-13-12 08:07 PM
    I have several cases and in the end the playbook is best 'naked'.

The leather BlackBerry Leather Sleeve seems to be excellent for my needs - looks/feels great and I can hold the pb without added bulk
    01-13-12 08:27 PM
    I ended up getting the journal over the convertible. Having a case that can be kept closed was more important to me than having one that can be propped up. It also matches the leather pocket for my 9810 FWIW. .
    01-13-12 08:35 PM

Although you are correct,I would like to add my 2 cents. I purchased this case as well, and although I like it, I would add:

1) It is not leather but a very nice "pleather", if you will.
    2) It stays closed very nicely-no strap needed.
    3) It works as a stand.
    4) The cover does fold back out of the way.

I prefer my PB naked,so I only use this case for watching movies or when I'm laying down so I can prop it on my tummy. It stays in the neoprene case that came with it at all other times.

That vintage red leather case looks sweet! Good luck with your decision-it won't be easy!
    01-13-12 09:17 PM
    is the convertible case compatible with the charging dock or do you need to remove the playbook to charge it?
    01-13-12 09:53 PM
    is the convertible case compatible with the charging dock or do you need to remove the playbook to charge it?
    Unfortunately you need to remove it to charge it.
    01-13-12 10:03 PM
    Thanks. How easily does it pop in and out? I've vot a cheap leatherette book-type case now but the playbook has to slide into the leather frame and it is pretty snug.
    01-13-12 10:13 PM
    Another advantage for the Blurex and some similar cases is you can use the charger pod without removing it if you wish, but it does come out easily enough if you prefer. Plus it is actually made from real leather unlike the OEM case. And lastly, +1 on that vintage red leather case, now THAT is style, BB style.
    01-13-12 10:46 PM
    2) Red Leather Stand Case Cover For Blackberry Playbook: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    this one seems similar to the i-CON carbon click case
    Does anyone know where I can get one of these in black in the UK?
    01-14-12 02:16 AM
    Does anyone know where I can get one of these in black in the UK?
    there is one on ebay here

LEATHER CASE COVER+STAND FOR BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK BLACK | eBay

but it's delivered from hong kong so may take a while!
    OneArmJack likes this.
    01-14-12 07:19 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD