Hi, I was wondering if anyone has seen a error message similar to this. I was trying to place a video call yesterday but this msg came up. I have seen it before, and it requires a restart to fix the issue. Anyone have a easier solution?
    04-19-12 04:45 PM
    Have you fixed your problem? I finally have someone I can chat with, but my PB gave me the same error message. I searched high and low, but came up with nothing. If you came across a solution, would you be kind enough to share the information? Thank you.
    10-23-12 02:29 AM
    Have you tried the various restart methods? If those don't work, you might have to try a DEbrick method.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

--------------

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

---------

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    10-23-12 09:33 AM
    I'll definitely try these. I knew I could count on CB Nation.

Cheers mate.
    10-23-12 11:47 PM
    I've tried everything. Reboot, debrick, security wipe and nothing worked. I am really disappointed because I convinced 2 of my family members (which live 33 hours away) to get one. I bragged on its merits and was looking forward to finally video call them. I was one of those who purchased it at full value back in May of 2011, therefore warranty expiration date is expired. I still love my PB, but I must admit that it has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

If anyone would be kind enough by giving me other possible solutions, I would be very grateful. Once again this message is prompted the moment I activate the video call:

"ANOTHER APPLICATIONS USING THE CAMERA. PLEASE CLOSE THE OTHER APPLICATION AND TRY AGAIN".

FYI - Tried using front facing camera on camera app and noticed that the front facing camera does not work. When trying to change over to rear facing camera, the camera no longer works. The app needs to be closed and reopened.

Thanks CB Nation.
    Last edited by bayotte; 10-27-12 at 08:03 AM.
    10-27-12 07:34 AM
    I think the only recourse now is calling Rim and seeing if they will honor the warranty as this camera issue seems to be one they recognize in some fashion as an inherent problem. They might repair it.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    10-27-12 09:23 AM
    I've tried everything. Reboot, debrick, security wipe and nothing worked. I am really disappointed because I convinced 2 of my family members (which live 33 hours away) to get one. I bragged on its merits and was looking forward to finally video call them. I was one of those who purchased it at full value back in May of 2011, therefore warranty expiration date is expired. I still love my PB, but I must admit that it has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

If anyone would be kind enough by giving me other possible solutions, I would be very grateful. Once again this message is prompted the moment I activate the video call:

"ANOTHER APPLICATIONS USING THE CAMERA. PLEASE CLOSE THE OTHER APPLICATION AND TRY AGAIN".

FYI - Tried using front facing camera on camera app and noticed that the front facing camera does not work. When trying to change over to rear facing camera, the camera no longer works. The app needs to be closed and reopened.

Thanks CB Nation.
    I have the same issue. First my front facing camera went, now the rear camera doesn't work. I spoke with a BlackBerry agent a few months ago (when I started having the front camera issues), and he said they were aware of the issue and it is a hardware problem. He told me to send my device in but I forgot to when I returned to the US. Now I'm out of the country again and I really don't want to be without my PB, because I use it a lot! When I get back to the US I'll probably send it in. Here is a link detailing my convo with the BlackBerry rep if you're interested.
    10-27-12 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD