This is NOT happening on your phone (where you get that email account) or other computers?? Just the pb?

Open Ghost Commander if you have it (appworld android app) and try the following stuff

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

-----------

Other than that, I can't come up with anything other than spam but why is it not on other devices???????????

Good luck
    It isn't apps..it is two emails with a subject line and blank screen..I am at
    a loss
    01-08-13 07:04 PM
    Annoying problem with my AOL mail....hoping someone can help me!-img_00000044.jpg

Hoping this comes out to show you what I am dealing with!
    01-08-13 07:17 PM
    I woke up to these two emails duplicating itself 55 times. I tried almost everything you guys told me to do, nothing worked. I guess I have to live with it or not have my AOL mail on the Playbook. Thanks for all your help!
    01-09-13 06:23 AM
    As you are not receiving emails on your computer and phone, and have tried everything suggested, i would do a security wipe of your PlayBook! Once wiped and OS restored set up your email account before installing any apps and see if the problem persists, then install individual apps from app world, the start with your sideloaded apps. Hopefully this wiill resolve the problem. Just be patient after each app install to make sure its not the offender. A bit extreme i know, but worth it
    01-09-13 07:38 AM
    As you are not receiving emails on your computer and phone, and have tried everything suggested, i would do a security wipe of your PlayBook! Once wiped and OS restored set up your email account before installing any apps and see if the problem persists, then install individual apps from app world, the start with your sideloaded apps. Hopefully this wiill resolve the problem. Just be patient after each app install to make sure its not the offender. A bit extreme i know, but worth it
    I am receiving my normal AOL emails on my cell phone and my computer, just not those two emails. They only show up on my Playbook, not on my cell phone or when I check my email on my computer. It is really odd so it has to do with something on the Playbook. It is weird that apps would cause this all of a sudden (yesterday) when I had them all on my Playbook for so long. I guess I will have to delete and reinstall each one. What a pain!
    01-09-13 08:14 AM
    Okay...here is latest and things with aol got worse...I came home to so much spam on my aol mail account I was perplexed. Not only did I get the two original spam emails I got many different others. I also cannot open aol in the browser...it tells me I am not authorized....this all only happens on the playbook...not on my cell phone or my home computer. I am so upset over this....what in the world is going on with my playbook and aol?
    01-11-13 09:18 PM
    You might consider going into Browser Options (swipe down in Browser) and open option/settings. Go to Privacy/Security and scroll down the right side and clear cookies, etc. Close the Browser, Restart the pb and see if that helps.

Sounds as if something is amiss. I don't really use the Native email but check the various settings and/or advanced settings and see if there's something. AOL's site might have clues to how to set it up - maybe differently than whatever the pb defaults to doing.

Good luck
    01-12-13 12:20 AM
    I woke up to an email from AOL stating that it seems that someone hacked into my account. I verified my information with AOL, reset my password and will see if that helps. I deleted the account on the Playbook, will put it back on and see if the problems start again.
    01-12-13 05:06 AM
    Still strange why you were just getting them on the playbook though!
    01-12-13 05:24 AM
    I woke up to an email from AOL stating that it seems that someone hacked into my account. I verified my information with AOL, reset my password and will see if that helps. I deleted the account on the Playbook, will put it back on and see if the problems start again.
    I will suggest that if you used an address for aol in that email, you do it yourself manually by visiting aol.com (or whatever their address is) manually and NOT by verifying in a response to an email or even using an address that was contained in that email. Again, initiate any changes manually, yourself by visiting aol from a browser and typing in just the simple aol.com url and follow links there to your email account and change the password again, including any backup email address that they have.
    01-12-13 09:22 AM
    I did that and now I show no spam on my mail on my computer and my cell phone. However, I just tried to re-add it onto the Playbook and as soon as I did, all the spam started showing up only on the Playbook again. After clearing the cache, cookies, deleting and re-adding all the apps, changing my password, blocking the email address of the Credit Report spam email, etc...nothing is working. I have a feeling something on the Playbook caused all those spams to show up in my aol email account yesterday, because those also showed up on my computer and phone. Once I delete aol from the Playbook, my computer and cell phone is fine. I really would love to get to the bottom of this. But because I had so many spam emails in duplicate, aol suspended my account, that is why I could not open it from the Playbook browser last night.
    01-12-13 10:28 AM
    Ok, spoke to AOL, they emailed me the hacker link so I can see it...someone hacked into my account from the Netherlands! All should be fixed now and they are monitoring my account for any further activity. I now added my AOL mail again to the Playbook since they re-assured me all is ok and so far, no spam came in. However, sometimes it takes a little while to show up. I am hoping this is fixed. It has been a frustrating few days to say the least. I really like having my mail show up on the Playbook and not have to go through the browser. Thanks again for your suggestions and help!
    01-12-13 10:53 AM
    I forget - have you contacted Rim support? Maybe they can help???
    01-12-13 10:56 AM
    Read my post above yours. It seems all is fixed. It was on aol's side but somehow all the trouble the hacker caused made its way on the Playbook before it showed up on my computer yesterday. The whole thing was interesting, yet of course annoying. I rebooted the Playbook just now, no spams showed up, just my normal emails so as of right now all looks good. I have the playbook next to my computer so when I see emails showing up on aol on my computer, I am seeing if they show up on the Playbook without the spam emails and they are. So far, so good!
    01-12-13 11:08 AM
    Sounds like good news.
    01-12-13 11:34 AM
    Whoever hacked into my aol account from the Netherlands, I want to strangle! LOL But all is still working fine...AOL fixed the problem, I am good to go now. No more spam email!
    01-12-13 11:36 AM
    Whoever hacked into my aol account from the Netherlands, I want to strangle! LOL But all is still working fine...AOL fixed the problem, I am good to go now. No more spam email!
    awesome. glad its fixed!
    01-12-13 03:53 PM
    awesome. glad its fixed!
    Thanks! It is still good...it is such a relief...what I find amazing is that the playbook picked up the problem two days before aol and my home computer did. I find that quite interesting.
    nappp likes this.
    01-12-13 08:05 PM
    I have never had this happen but my AOL email is not showing up on my Blackberry Curve. I've tried resetting the phone, deleting and re-entering the aol account on the phone. Nothing seems to work. I am getting AOL email to my account on line. It just does not make it to my phone. I see this happened to you before. Any ideas?
    06-10-13 05:56 AM
44 12