Ok, this is a new issue I never encountered before. My main email is on AOL. I have my account on my Playbook, get my mail without any problems until today. I keep getting an email which is titled "Healthy Snacks"....it comes up as a blank screen for the message. It comes up as an email every two seconds and I just arrived home and I had 120 emails, mostly this one. I am still getting my normal emails. When I go on my AOL mail on my laptop and my cell phone, these emails are not there, they only show up on the Playbook. Next to the envelope there is a blue arrow that points downward on these emails. I tried to delete my AOL account and set it back up and then reboot, with no luck. They will not go away. I am stumped as to why this just started today and these emails do not exist anywhere except on the Playbook. Does anyone have any advice on what this could be and what I can do to make them stop? Thanks in advance!
    01-07-13 07:07 PM
    Wow I wish I could help but my advice would have been delete reboot add account back....very strange indeed. :what:
    01-07-13 07:44 PM
    Now I am getting another email with the Healthy Snacks one, it is "Credit Review 2013"...both come up as a duo and keeps on showing up. I again, deleted aol, put it back on, rebooted and it just keeps on doing it. I am so hoping someone can still help me with this.
    01-07-13 07:50 PM
    How do you check your aol mail off the pb? Computer? 3rd party email program or Website? Could this spam be shunted to either a junk mail or spam folder but get through on the pb?

On Verizon's BIS account, I can filter email destined for my phone and, therefore, the Bridge email.
    01-07-13 09:04 PM
    How do you check your aol mail off the pb? Computer? 3rd party email program or Website? Could this spam be shunted to either a junk mail or spam folder but get through on the pb?

On Verizon's BIS account, I can filter email destined for my phone and, therefore, the Bridge email.
    I get my email on my laptop directly through aol.com. My cell gets them correctly as well.
    01-07-13 09:08 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    01-07-13 09:38 PM
    the mail is bouncing back and forth, do you have an automatic responder set up? like out of the office message?
    do you have an automatic forwarding set up, to another email address and it goes in a circle?
    and after a certain amount of mail (120 or so) you ISP or Aol blocks them
    try to send some of the mail back and see if they bounce again back to you
    does it come from a mass-mailing service like "Instant contact", is there a remove email address option?
    01-07-13 09:51 PM
    the mail is bouncing back and forth, do you have an automatic responder set up? like out of the office message?
    do you have an automatic forwarding set up, to another email address and it goes in a circle?
    and after a certain amount of mail (120 or so) you ISP or Aol blocks them
    try to send some of the mail back and see if they bounce again back to you
    does it come from a mass-mailing service like "Instant contact", is there a remove email address option?
    No, I do not have anything automatic set up. This just started yesterday. This morning I had to delete my account off the playbook because there was hundreds of them. I do not get these on my laptop or my cell phone. The messages on the playbook is blank and does not allow me to remove the email address. This is so troubling because it started out of nowhere and now I have to live without my email on the playbook, I just cannot take the time to delete the same two emails, hundreds of times each day. I will reset my password and see if that helps and then reload the email on the playbook. That is the only option I can try right now.
    01-08-13 05:51 AM
    Have you installed any new apps? Can you block it from your AOL account as spam, add the email address
    01-08-13 05:58 AM
    Reset password, still did not help. Does anyone know what the blue arrow pointing downward next to the envelope means?
    01-08-13 05:59 AM
    I think it means low priority by the sender! also it has been forwarded! did a google search
    01-08-13 06:02 AM
    Still no luck figuring this out...hopefully someone that has had this happen to them before comes forward with a fix. I have tried everything so far and no luck. Thanks so far for the responses!
    01-08-13 07:40 AM
    Have you tried disabling application permissions, one by one, to see if that helps?
    01-08-13 07:43 AM
    Have you tried disabling application permissions, one by one, to see if that helps?
    What exactly do you mean?
    01-08-13 09:03 AM
    I wonder if the Subject Matter Healthy..... is a clue? Any apps installed that deal with food or diet or coupons? Either sideloaded or from appworld?

I know some folks have complained in the phone forums of getting emails associated with apps they installed.
    01-08-13 09:12 AM
    What exactly do you mean?
    If you hit the GEAR icon (top right) and scroll down to Security. At the top is "App... Permissions" and you can scroll that list and see what permissions have been granted to various apps.
    01-08-13 09:13 AM
    If you hit the GEAR icon (top right) and scroll down to Security. At the top is "App... Permissions" and you can scroll that list and see what permissions have been granted to various apps.
    I just did this and all the apps I have from BB World have either "Files", "GPS Location", "Camera" or "Device Identifying Information" listed. None of these apps are new, I have had all of them since the beginning. I do have sideloaded apps but they do not come up on this list. I really do not know what to make of all of this. But these two emails are still coming up every two minutes. No information in the body of the email, it is just blank and has that blue downward arrow next to the envelope. I just cannot get rid of this. Should I contact AOL?
    01-08-13 09:51 AM
    Firstly |I would suggest disabling permissions of each app one by one, process of elimination, if that doesnt help try deleting individual sideloaded apps, again one at a time. If that doesnt help, then you know for definite that its not any of your apps that are causing the problem
    01-08-13 09:55 AM
    It appears that android sideloaded apps do not appear in the Permissions list.

What sideloaded, if you don't mind our asking???
    01-08-13 10:12 AM
    It appears that android sideloaded apps do not appear in the Permissions list.

What sideloaded, if you don't mind our asking???
    Amazon Kindle
    CNet News
    Engadget
    Splashtop
    Backgrounds
    Pandora
    Zedge
    Amazon MP3
    NYC Mate
    HopStop
    Freecell
    CarBuzz
    CNN
    ES File Explorer

I think that is all of them. Mind you, this all started yesterday and I have not sideloaded or added any new apps for quite some time. Any more thoughts on this?
    01-08-13 10:51 AM
    This is NOT happening on your phone (where you get that email account) or other computers?? Just the pb?

Open Ghost Commander if you have it (appworld android app) and try the following stuff

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

-----------

Other than that, I can't come up with anything other than spam but why is it not on other devices???????????

Good luck
    01-08-13 12:07 PM
    Thats why i think a rogue app, or failed install/download is causing it
    01-08-13 12:21 PM
    Log into Aol on your PC, click settings, mail control and spam. Add the Healthy choice email address to your block list and select the option to delete spam mail. Click save. If this does not work, do a security wipe of the PB and reinstall the apps. I know it's a pain but I do not believe you have a choice.
    01-08-13 12:48 PM
    the AOL email message is blank because it was replied / forwarded / sent / bounced from your AOL account, your AOL is set up that by reply and forward the original inline message is not included

A POP3 email can not be downloaded on 2 computers, except on a GOOGLE account

I would recommend the following
    set up on your laptop a gmail email account, and set up that all email response goes to your AOL account
    In AOL set up that all mail stays on your aol server, plus forward it to to your gmail address
    install you gmail account on the PB native email

so when you answer your mail on your gmail PB you still have a copy in AOL, otherwise you have some mail on your PB or on your AOL

I had to do something similar with my Yahoo account, so I open a new gmail account and have email from all my private and business account forwarded to one gmail account which i only use on my native playbook mail
    hope that helps
    01-08-13 01:18 PM
    [QUOTE=Jmaxim;7834385]Log into Aol on your PC, click settings, mail control and spam. Add the Healthy choice email address to your block list and select the option to delete spam mail. Click save. If this does not work, do a security wipe of the PB and reinstall the apps. I know it's a pain but I do not believe you have a choice.[/QUOTE

The problem is that no email addresses shows...only a blank screen...I did block the keywords in both emails...healthy and credit report and that did not help either!
    01-08-13 07:00 PM
44 12