Can't see this posted anywhere but apologies if it has been.

Every day I am getting an annoying message popping up 3,4,5 etc times a day I get a red glow in the top left corner with and when I click on the exclamation mark I get a message saying a download was unsuccessful. No matter how many times I click the small cross to delete it, it keeps coming back!

I'll try and post a screen grab for you...

EDIT: Would be a help if you knew what I wanted! How do I get it deleted once and for all?
    Attached Thumbnails Annoying popup message-img_00000028.jpg  
    01-21-13 03:08 PM
    Ah yes, must be download from android app, you need ghost commander to delete it, is mentioned in forum, but can't remember which one.
    KDTurvey likes this.
    01-21-13 03:16 PM
    Excellent! Got ghost commander downloaded and 'hopefully' I've managed to get it deleted.

Thank you for the very speedy reply.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-21-13 03:27 PM
    Just to add, here's various suggestions and apps mentioned in threads:

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.
    diegonei, KDTurvey, Herve5 and 1 others like this.
    01-21-13 03:43 PM
    I had this, even after deleting the download using ghost commander. in the end a 'turn off' and then on (i.e. not a restart) fixed it
    01-21-13 04:16 PM
    F2, thank you, thank you, thank you for the Quick App Manager way of getting rid of these persistent download messages. I too have had four of them constantly popping up for the past week and they were driving me mad. I had already installed Ghost Commander based on advice I saw somewhere but could not find the failed download messages anywhere even with lots of looking.

Thank you again.
    01-21-13 10:16 PM
    You are welcome. I was just posting what I've gathered from the wisdom of others.
    01-21-13 10:43 PM