More and more will the Android tablet market be a commodity only
    Android tablet will be like similar zombies, with prices of 8gb, 16gb and 32gb very similar
    some may some priority Android software like the Kindle Fire

now HP is joining the zombie market HP's $170 Android Tablet Is Devastating News For Microsoft - Yahoo! Finance
    the generic Android tablets are swamping the rest of the world, with store-brands of large computer store
    soon Starbucks, Kmart and McD will sell you a $99 Android tablet

The only real distinctive different tablets will be with Apple OS, MS Windows 8 and BB Playbook OS 10
    With QNX BB a great OS, even used in cars

I just bought a Apple I-Pad mini for my wife, looks sleek, proper size, but I like the PB OS better than the I-OS
    the swipe function, and the multitasking on the PB are superior

02-25-13 02:42 PM
    More and more will the Android tablet market be a commodity only
    Android tablet will be like similar zombies, with prices of 8gb, 16gb and 32gb very similar
    some may some priority Android software like the Kindle Fire

now HP is joining the zombie market HP's $170 Android Tablet Is Devastating News For Microsoft - Yahoo! Finance
    the generic Android tablets are swamping the rest of the world, with store-brands of large computer store
    soon Starbucks, Kmart and McD will sell you a $99 Android tablet

The only real distinctive different tablets will be with Apple OS, MS Windows 8 and BB Playbook OS 10
    With QNX BB a great OS, even used in cars

I just bought a Apple I-Pad mini for my wife, looks sleek, proper size, but I like the PB OS better than the I-OS
    the swipe function, and the multitasking on the PB are superior

What are you babbling about?
    pike13 and howarmat like this.
    02-25-13 03:35 PM
    Read!.....
    02-25-13 06:58 PM
    What are you babbling about?
    I spent time in an institution and became somewhat fluent in babble. Let me try to translate:

"The release of competent low cost tablets has been posited as a real threat to Blackberry's tablet efforts for some time now. I recently came across an exemplar and thought it would be germane to discuss here.

HP has announced the April release of the Slate 7, their first Android tablet. Hardware specs are similar to the Playbook (some upgrades, some downgrades, but overall comparable in my opinion) but it is priced at $169. White box versions with poorer fit and finish and less support will drive the cost of 7" tablets toward the $100 mark this year.

It is difficult to see how Blackberry will be able to compete profitably in this sector given the near future competitive landscape."

Something about an iPad? I'm good but not that good.
    FF22, Gatmyer, Relletti and 2 others like this.
    02-25-13 07:07 PM
    I spent time in an institution and became somewhat fluent in babble. Let me try to translate:

"The release of competent low cost tablets has been posited as a real threat to Blackberry's tablet efforts for some time now. I recently came across an exemplar and thought it would be germane to discuss here.

HP has announced the April release of the Slate 7, their first Android tablet. Hardware specs are similar to the Playbook (some upgrades, some downgrades, but overall comparable in my opinion) but it is priced at $169. White box versions with poorer fit and finish and less support will drive the cost of 7" tablets toward the $100 mark this year.

It is difficult to see how Blackberry will be able to compete profitably in this sector given the near future competitive landscape."

Something about an iPad? I'm good but not that good.
    Thanks bro, nice translation, exactly what I said or wanted to say

But the PB has the better OS,
    and windows 8 is too bloated and takes too much memory and battery use
    02-25-13 09:03 PM
    Why does the playbook have a better OS with 2.1?
    02-25-13 09:16 PM
    I have had the PlayBook since launch. I acquired the ipad mini some months ago and I'm selling it.

No file system. Insane!
    If I'm going to have 2 tablets then the second one should serve a purpose that I'm not getting with my current one. To me this means realistate. Meaning, I want a portable one and a larger one for tasks where more screen can make the difference. So I'm looking into the Galaxy Note 10.1 as a large device and my PlayBook as my small and portable device.

At least the Galaxy Note 10.1 has features with the S pen that set it apart somewhat from the endless sea of Android insanity that is out there.

But as for the iPad mini, god. It feels nice, works well, but isn't what I'd call a solution for "mobile computing ".
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-13 12:58 AM
    Why does the playbook have a better OS with 2.1?
    As a PlayBook user of 2.1... and an Android user (with 2 Android tablets) I'd much rather use the PlayBook in terms of it's OS. More stable, smoother, easy to close things and easier to switch between and multi-task.

That said, I'd much rather use the gmail app on Android, than use the native email app on the PlayBook - and I'd much rather use an app for email, than access it through a browser.
    02-26-13 06:43 AM
    ...the title has been edited
    02-26-13 07:20 AM
    I think calling Android tablets "a threat to Blackberry Playbook" would mean that the playbook is in the competition.
    02-26-13 07:26 AM
    ...the title has been edited
    and why would you edit the title?
    02-26-13 07:58 AM
    multitasking, speed, swipe functions, are much better on the PB OS

don't confuse the operating system with available Apps
    kdeckels likes this.
    02-26-13 08:11 AM
    Unfortunately I am parting ways with my baby. The likely hood of the blackberry PB becoming a consumer tablet as is androids and dare I say it apple, is highly unlikely. For anyone interested please look up on eBay atlya02 as I don't think I can post a link here. Trust me I am saddened with having to sell my PB but have to say good bye to old yeller. Sorry Thor. :banghead:
    Last edited by atlya02; 02-26-13 at 03:19 PM.
    02-26-13 12:32 PM
    No android tablets were never a threat to the pb, BB themselves however are a whole other ballgame.

If BB was a parent and the pb it's child, then i'd think BB would be serving a 10 yr stretch for neglect imho.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-26-13 01:08 PM
    Yeah blackberry needs to make a tablet that sells around the $170-199.00 mark that also has all of the features or more then any playbook now and OS 10.

Maybe a Mini Playbook? but how much smaller then 7" should it be? = 5" lol ...... no no just keep the 7" and sell it for cheaper is all, make less profit, but profit is profit.

Blackberry needs to get a Micro USB slot on these tablets that can handle up to 64gb card.

They need to make a 10" tablet as well to compete against those monsters.
    02-26-13 02:36 PM
    Now that's an idea.Although I love the size and portability of the current playbook,a 10" playbook running BB10 MIGHT just take a big bite out of Apple,pun intended.
    02-26-13 06:07 PM
    No android tablets were never a threat to the pb, BB themselves however are a whole other ballgame.

If BB was a parent and the pb it's child, then i'd think BB would be serving a 10 yr stretch for neglect imho.
    The PB just got an update last week and is working better than ever and an update to PB10 is coming. It bears repeating that "BB10" is the name of a UI configuration. QNX is the OS. However, profitability in the tablet space is difficult according to TH from which I infer that most of BB's resources are being directed to the phones where margins are greater. That said, as the OS is QNX, everything being done to optimize the phones will translate directly to the tablets. TH also said that all PlayBooks will be updated to "BB10" (or a variation of the same).
    02-26-13 10:47 PM
    The PB just got an update last week and is working better than ever and an update to PB10 is coming. It bears repeating that "BB10" is the name of a UI configuration. QNX is the OS. However, profitability in the tablet space is difficult according to TH from which I infer that most of BB's resources are being directed to the phones where margins are greater. That said, as the OS is QNX, everything being done to optimize the phones will translate directly to the tablets. TH also said that all PlayBooks will be updated to "BB10" (or a variation of the same).
    Fair point, - but it doesn't take a develpoment team two years to roll USB OTG into a linux system now does it ??

Also, whilst I know BB don't get any cash out of upgrading a playbook they've allready sold - the goodwill they generate amongst it's userbase is priceless as is the ability to generate customer/brand loyalty.

Doesn't stop me using my playbook daily - but such a small include on BB's part would result in a solid boost for the QNX OS and the PB imho.
    Chaddface and FF22 like this.
    02-27-13 02:34 AM
    Fair point, - but it doesn't take a develpoment team two years to roll USB OTG into a linux system now does it ??

Also, whilst I know BB don't get any cash out of upgrading a playbook they've allready sold - the goodwill they generate amongst it's userbase is priceless as is the ability to generate customer/brand loyalty.

Doesn't stop me using my playbook daily - but such a small include on BB's part would result in a solid boost for the QNX OS and the PB imho.
    And that's a fair point since the hackers did it, probably more than a year ago, in the Rooting section of CB.
    02-27-13 08:52 AM
    That said, as the OS is QNX, everything being done to optimize the phones will translate directly to the tablets.
    I am glad to hear that.

It will help me waiting.
    02-27-13 09:28 AM