I waited a bit before upgrade to the latest 2.0.1.358 and was pleased with the reviews that the android player seemed to be more stable. Unfortunately, I am finding the opposite.

I use Dolphin Browser a lot, primarily because I find the tabs system a lot easier to use than that in the stock browser.

While I had the occasional crashes before, now it seems to hang on me almost every time I open 3 or 4 tabs.

I wouldn't even mind so much if there was an easier way to "reset" the android player, other than rebooting the playbook (or opening 10+ apps at once and forcing the android player to shut down - which works sometimes, but at other times opening too many apps just locks up my playbook and forces me to reboot anyway).

I wish I hadn't upgraded... I really had no complaints before I did

Is there any way to downgrade to the previous 2.0 version?
    04-19-12 08:56 AM
    Have you rebooted a minimum of 2 times since the update(first being the reboot for the update)? Quite a few people have reported small bugs(like what your experiencing), that were cleared up after a couple reboots. Most people are reporting better android player stability, as well as myself, but this only happened after a second reboot. I have yet to have the android player crash(even using dolphin browser with several tabs open)post update.
    Eir likes this.
    04-19-12 09:05 AM
    Have you rebooted a minimum of 2 times since the update(first being the reboot for the update)? Quite a few people have reported small bugs(like what your experiencing), that were cleared up after a couple reboots. Most people are reporting better android player stability, as well as myself, but this only happened after a second reboot. I have yet to have the android player crash(even using dolphin browser with several tabs open)post update.
    Thanks for the advice. He doesn't say crash, but "hanging". That's what I also experienced, with some quite simple apps, nothing near to Dolphin or similar. I did a restart (that is the second one) and since then all is working fine, so far.
    04-19-12 11:47 AM
    Yes, I meant "hanging"/"freezes" (as per this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-717834/).

I've rebooted at least a dozen times now, and still happens. Honestly, it wasn't this bad before I upgraded.
    04-19-12 01:59 PM
    I started the other thread on this issue, and today I have had 3x when the android player froze. I found that if I wait 15 or 20 min. the app that was loaded, will suddenly close, and then if I relaunch an android app the player goes through some splash screens and then loads the app. I find it hard to believe that hardly anyone is experiencing this.
    04-20-12 04:13 PM
    I am having this issue as well, although the apps are smoother (as in scrolling, etc) but it hangs/freezes wayyyyy to often. My tweetcaster was working perfectly before the update, now it will freeze at least 5 times a day.

I have to keep forcing the android player to close by opening many native apps but I find this too troublesome. RIM should come out with a task manager to kill frozen application, damn it.
    04-21-12 09:48 PM
    I waited a bit before upgrade to the latest 2.0.1.358 and was pleased with the reviews that the android player seemed to be more stable. Unfortunately, I am finding the opposite.

I use Dolphin Browser a lot, primarily because I find the tabs system a lot easier to use than that in the stock browser.

While I had the occasional crashes before, now it seems to hang on me almost every time I open 3 or 4 tabs.

I wouldn't even mind so much if there was an easier way to "reset" the android player, other than rebooting the playbook (or opening 10+ apps at once and forcing the android player to shut down - which works sometimes, but at other times opening too many apps just locks up my playbook and forces me to reboot anyway).

I wish I hadn't upgraded... I really had no complaints before I did

Is there any way to downgrade to the previous 2.0 version?

Well... I too have faced a similar issue with an application called Telmap5..so I uninstalled the app and then sideloaded it again and now it seems to work...
    Also what I have noticed ( not relevant to hanging ) is that the application has to be closed properly before exiting the Android player... This can ideally be done by swiping the finger from the logo diagonally to the left till the recent apps Window on the android player shows up... I have made it a habit now and I have less crashes..

This is my observation about the new upgrade of the Android player...
    If you are opening an app which was side loaded before the upgrade would hang the player... If you reboot the playbook and reopen the app it will work fine.... So my take on this is to reinstall app again after the upgrade and then it should ideally work fine...
    Last edited by cavemen; 04-21-12 at 10:29 PM.
    04-21-12 10:13 PM
    The problem I was experiencing with android apps freezing seems to have been completely resolved in the OS 2.1 dev beta. While I have had a few android apps "force close", I haven't had any freeze up since I installed the beta OS.
    06-06-12 03:34 PM
    On mine, the experience is slightly more stable.

My experience is that apps work, but sometimes don't start on the first try. On second try they do launch though, so that's way better than having to reboot because the app locked up.
    06-06-12 04:03 PM
    I am having this issue as well, although the apps are smoother (as in scrolling, etc) but it hangs/freezes wayyyyy to often. My tweetcaster was working perfectly before the update, now it will freeze at least 5 times a day.

I have to keep forcing the android player to close by opening many native apps but I find this too troublesome. RIM should come out with a task manager to kill frozen application, damn it.
    and in a windows-ish style the app killer will freeze as well xD
    06-06-12 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD