I'm running 2.1.0.560 and had to do a security wipe. I've reloaded my apps and none of the android apps launch, both those loaded from app world (overdrive) and sideloaded apps.

Any tips?
    07-10-12 04:05 PM
    You should be asking this question on the beta forum as thats the only place you can get that OS.
    07-10-12 04:28 PM
    I'm running 2.1.0.560 and had to do a security wipe. I've reloaded my apps and none of the android apps launch, both those loaded from app world (overdrive) and sideloaded apps.

Any tips?
    Same thing happened to me. It's because, during the initial setup post-wipe, the beta is inadvertently downloading bits from the older 2.0.1 source as part of the last stage "check for updates" portion of the setup process, and this is corrupting the Android Player causing it not to start.

The solution is to first re-register your PIN at the developer site, then re-wipe and allow setup to complete. You should notice that the the OS update stage shows an update available with a different file size (mine was smaller - about 314MB - vs. what I was seeing before re-registering my PIN). Regardless, let the update install and you should be good to go.

Note: You'll need to repeat this process - re-register PIN, then wipe within 24 hours - anytime you need to wipe your PB while running the beta.

RCK
    Last edited by rkennedy01; 07-10-12 at 04:46 PM.
    07-10-12 04:44 PM
    That happened to me the first time I loaded the beta.

A reboot fixed it.
    07-10-12 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD