Does anyone have problems with android player?
    For me, is the same always - it freeze after opening an app for more than 2-3 times, to resolve this problem I have to restart the PB.
    Maybe someone know the "treatment"
    03-28-12 10:36 PM
    Does anyone have problems with android player?
    For me, is the same always - it freeze after opening an app for more than 2-3 times, to resolve this problem I have to restart the PB.
    Maybe someone know the "treatment"
    Ditto. Been this way since the OS betas. I don't even think the very early player had this many issues.

Tim
    03-28-12 10:47 PM
    Are you running Android apps from Appworld or are you running sideloaded apps? I do get the lockups but I am running Words w/Friends and some other sideloaded apps. I find that if I close them out with as many what I'll call back-arrows, then I have more luck opening them the next time.

Also, I have found a way to generally avoid the reboot. I just open as many native apps as I can. This seems to force some kind of "housekeeping" that recovers memory and then forces the Android Player to reinitialize. But that does get tedious.

Also, what I don't understand is how "android notifications" work or don't work? At times I get a notice that it is my turn in Words w/Friends and at other times, nothing but I will check and find the other player made a move 2 hours ago. Some inconsistency there.
    pitea1 likes this.
    03-29-12 12:00 AM
    Mine works well absolutely no problems. Try security wipe.
    03-29-12 12:03 AM
    Are you running Android apps from Appworld or are you running sideloaded apps? I do get the lockups but I am running Words w/Friends and some other sideloaded apps. I find that if I close them out with as many what I'll call back-arrows, then I have more luck opening them the next time.

Also, I have found a way to generally avoid the reboot. I just open as many native apps as I can. This seems to force some kind of "housekeeping" that recovers memory and then forces the Android Player to reinitialize. But that does get tedious.

Also, what I don't understand is how "android notifications" work or don't work? At times I get a notice that it is my turn in Words w/Friends and at other times, nothing but I will check and find the other player made a move 2 hours ago. Some inconsistency there.
    I use both (app world/sideload app).
    Thanks for your advice, I'll try them to see if it works
    03-29-12 06:53 AM
    OP, that is a common problem that seems to occur somewhat randomly, but there are some offending apps of course, since just using few well behaving apps will keep the Android Player running better.

I did not find much difference between working apps that are sideloaded vs downloaded from App World. However, you'll find a lot of apps floating around available for sideloading just won't work.
    03-29-12 08:18 AM
    Having the sqme issues here.... Every thing buggy from wifi dropping, battery draining, even active sync, my audio setting and qnx browser not functioning right. I deleted a bunch of my android apps, it seemed to work temporarily.....till i installed advanced mqnager amd ghost commander...all came back.

Rim, pllllease help us!!!
    10-19-12 01:27 PM
    Running one os on top of another has never been an easy task. It happens almost every time I open any android app, no matter whether it's sideloaded or installed through app world. If RIM doesn't fix their android runtime or make it freely available for developers to modify/hack it - there's nothing we can do
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-19-12 02:08 PM
    Well, all I know is that Word w/friends crashes (or lock up leading to implosion) almost every other move.
    10-19-12 03:58 PM
    Having the sqme issues here.... Every thing buggy from wifi dropping, battery draining, even active sync, my audio setting and qnx browser not functioning right. I deleted a bunch of my android apps, it seemed to work temporarily.....till i installed advanced mqnager amd ghost commander...all came back.

Rim, pllllease help us!!!
    If you are side loading apps, RIM is not going to help you.
    10-19-12 06:09 PM
    Running one os on top of another has never been an easy task. It happens almost every time I open any android app, no matter whether it's sideloaded or installed through app world. If RIM doesn't fix their android runtime or make it freely available for developers to modify/hack it - there's nothing we can do
    I don't believe it's actually running Android. I believe it's doing some emulation, sort of like what Freebsd does with linux apps but don't quote me on that.
    10-19-12 06:10 PM
    If you are side loading apps, RIM is not going to help you.
    no.. I meant that as in, update , fix bugs etc etc... lol. its coming tho. os2.1.0.1114
    10-19-12 07:21 PM
    I don't believe it's actually running Android. I believe it's doing some emulation, sort of like what Freebsd does with linux apps but don't quote me on that.
    I'm guessing the trqnslation is messed up. I dunno code talk but I know one fuction in android has to tell the qnx how to react...I dunno.. maybe like a script...I dunno...hehe
    10-19-12 07:24 PM
    ha! check out in ur playbooks root system (playbook:/pps/system) I've don't recqll ever being able to read those txt coded strings... coool!
    10-19-12 10:59 PM
    So what's an emulation then It seems that all these years at university, they were teaching us wrong things.
    10-20-12 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD