Yes, that's it. If android player exists on bb10, i'm moving on to ios.

Here's why:

1. Massive battery drain. I'm one who doesn't usually turn off my playbook fully. I close all apps and leave it on standby when i'm not using it. Since i started using the android player, my playbook has apparently been running the android apps in the background and I can lose close to 50% of my battery overnight. Turning the pb off everytime is a pain too given the long boot time. Why should i wait so long for a boot just to check something for a new seconds?

2. No differentiation between native and andriod apps. It's a pain in the a** to download an app only for me to notice that it's an android app. Makes me so damn unwilling to purchase apps nowadays for fear that it is an android app. I don't need more of this crap slowing my playbook down.

3. BAD BAD conversion. Please, playbook has no buttons. You mean i'm supposed to restart the entire app if I want to go back or back to the home screen? Can't believe RIM let so many of these apps through.

AND MUCH MORE!

I'm sorry but I much preferred OS1.08. I like the remote control capability and the new browser but this android crap is too much for me to take. I seriously could do without the android player... the pb browser is good enough for me.

TO H3LL WITH ANDROID. DON'T MERGE QNX WITH ANDROID YOU HEAR ME RIM?

My contract will expire around the same time as when bb10 is released (or supposedly released). If android is in it, i'm DEFINITELY getting an iphone 5. and i know i'm not the only one.
    02-26-12 03:07 AM
    Yawn.......
    JELLOMAN99 likes this.
    02-26-12 03:20 AM
    Yawn.......
    funny, my previous account got banned for posting the exact same thing. I'm not sure if i had the same number of dots though. see you at the registration page.
    02-26-12 03:31 AM

Here's why:

1. Massive battery drain. I'm one who doesn't usually turn off my playbook fully. I close all apps and leave it on standby when i'm not using it. Since i started using the android player, my playbook has apparently been running the android apps in the background and I can lose close to 50% of my battery overnight. Turning the pb off everytime is a pain too given the long boot time. Why should i wait so long for a boot just to check something for a new seconds?

2. No differentiation between native and andriod apps. It's a pain in the a** to download an app only for me to notice that it's an android app. Makes me so damn unwilling to purchase apps nowadays for fear that it is an android app. I don't need more of this crap slowing my playbook down.

3. BAD BAD conversion. Please, playbook has no buttons. You mean i'm supposed to restart the entire app if I want to go back or back to the home screen? Can't believe RIM let so many of these apps through.

AND MUCH MORE!

I'm sorry but I much preferred OS1.08. I like the remote control capability and the new browser but this android crap is too much for me to take. I seriously could do without the android player... the pb browser is good enough for me.

TO H3LL WITH ANDROID. DON'T MERGE QNX WITH ANDROID YOU HEAR ME RIM?

My contract will expire around the same time as when bb10 is released (or supposedly released). If android is in it, i'm DEFINITELY getting an iphone 5. and i know i'm not the only one.
    If you're interested in managing that battery drain, there is another Android app you can load (from App World) called "Advanced App Manager by eDroid Apps" that contains a task killer. Yes, it's a pain in the to have to launch an app in order to manually kill an app, but at least it's possible to do so.
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-26-12 03:42 AM
    Yawn.......
    The irony is strong with this one. Lovely photo by the way.
    02-26-12 03:44 AM
    androidblows1 : Man, you should call a Doc....
    02-26-12 03:45 AM

Here's why:

1. Massive battery drain.
    You must be talking about side-loaded apps no ?

2. No differentiation between native and andriod apps.
    No, this is precisely the point. Same development and experience levels TARGETED. Well we're on release 1 ...

You may start learning about the diagonal bottom to left swipe ...

AND MUCH MORE!
    What precisely ?
    You may wait until OS10 is released or even leaked (if ever) before such definitive statements. Some requested that we might have the capability to disable Android support, personally I'd be more smooth in this direction rather than a iphone adoption, which is IMHO quite unnatural for a BB user (I'd better go Windows in this case).
    Strange thread ...
    Philldoe likes this.
    02-26-12 03:56 AM
    i'm not wild about the android apps myself but i kinda understand their purpose in this scenario. hopefully more native apps are written to reduce the need for the droid versions altogether. and i agree, i'd like to know which are which as well. regardless, there isn't much that will get me on anything ios.
    02-26-12 04:19 AM
    When the OP confessed to ban evasion this thread never had a chance. Come to think of it... looks like a troll thread anyway.

CLOSED!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-26-12 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD