06-01-12 09:11 AM
285 ... 101112
tools
    I did an install from scratch.

The market works great. Automatic installs and everything. Tons better than the original. Many thanks.

One issue still lingers that I think I recall you talking about. Gmail kind of works. I can see all my messages. I just can't open them. Actually I think they open for a flash and then automatically close.

Any ideas?
    Have the same issue. Can hold down on the message and it provides a menu of actions, including 'read' the message, but it just swipes to a blank page. Sometimes it will show the message for a second, then go blank, and other times, it shows a blank page with 'archive', 'delete', and the arrow (right / left) at the bottom...but no message. Did a complete clean install twice, and continues to repeat the same symptoms....mmhhh....
    08-07-11 08:51 PM
    I just found this and thought I'd duplicate it here, just in case others wind up here and don't see the 'issue' identified in another area of CB.

From the one who knows:
    Gmail app flashes and closes email when trying to read emails. - Issue with the HTML rendering engine in Android, no fix yet.
    HaTaX likes this.
    08-07-11 08:58 PM
    has anyone had trouble with the playbook not turning off after installing android?
    market works fine, some apps obviously don't but I hate having to force it to shut down...any ideas? tried rebooting several times, even reinstalled market...??
    would really appreciate any help!
    08-09-11 03:56 AM
    I have everything going great but the downloads won't happen. Shows downloading and it just sits there. I removed the download directory and made a new one makeing sure full access was there as well. Yet nothing will download still.
    08-09-11 07:26 AM
    Hmm, you might be best to post these problems in the new thread over in the app section of the forums. There's also some posted resolutions to downloads being stuck and not starting, pretty sure one of those posts will help out with that.

As far as the not being able to reboot, most likely related to an app that's not getting along well with the player. I've had that happen once or twice while I was hacking away, but in normal operation you shouldn't encounter that, I can still perform shutdowns and reboots just fine.
    08-09-11 11:40 AM
    Huh, never seen that before... It could possibly be the asian keyboard input, but I'm not 100% sure. The version number listed is the same as all the system apps and the player build itself, but it's a weird looking one.

Anyone here know what that says?
    That spooked me at first, but Im certain its the asian input keyboard. You cant uninstall but you can force stop it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 05:22 PM
    Alright, so I'm going to assume you're starting with a CLEAN Android Player installation. If you have any issues with these instructions, delete it and reload it before asking for help or making comments on the procedure.

From a clean slate:

1.) Open Settings->Applications and check the Unknown sources box.
    2.) Swipe back one screen and open Settings->Language & Keyboard. You need to open the Android keyboard settings item and uncheck popup on keypress and touch to correct words. Swipe back one screen and then uncheck all the boxes, and then re-check the Android keyboard box. (I know, maybe overkill but this is what I do every time so I included it)
    3.) Swipe back to the home screen and close the Android player by swiping from the bottom.
    4.) Setup the file structure on the PB. Open your Playbook via it's network sharing feature and browse to "\\PLAYBOOK\media\misc\android" Once there, create two folders if they're not already there, "download" and "apks". Open up the apks folder and copy in the contents of the GApps-PB-rev1.zip file.
    5.) Now that the files are all in place and your Android Player is setup properly, open up the browser and open "files:///sdcard/apks/Astro.apk" This will install Astro file manager and make the final parts of the process far easier.
    6.) After Astro is installed, swipe back to the applications list and open it. You should be sitting at the "/sdcard" location, but if not, browse to it. Then open the "apks" folder in the list, you should end up at "/sdcard/apks" and you should see the copied APKs in the list.
    7.) Install the remaining APKs in numeric order, there should be 7 files total.
    8.) After all of the APKs have been installed, swipe back to the applications menu and close the Android player by swiping from the bottom. Close it completely out and count to 10.
    9.) Reopen the Android player and setup your google account on the device by going to Settings->Accounts & sync and press "Add account" at the bottom. Enter your google credentials and let it sync up. Give it a few seconds before you press finish setup, there's a lot going on in the background as it sets up your account on the device.
    10.) Swipe back to the application list and open Market, you're done!!!

So 10 steps and you should be able to get a working market. Like I've said numerous times, this is for pioneering users only. I won't make a new thread and announce it until I'm confident it works on a consistent basis and probably until I get the newer 2.3.3 market working properly. Now I've got a good template to go from.

And with this, I release the hounds...
    GApps-PB-rev1.zip
    Also grab this file and load it after #7, VendingV1.APK:
    YouTube.apk

EDIT:
    Known issues:
    General stability, sometimes you'll get strange crashes.
    Something seems to throw downloads off sometimes that causes all downloads to sit at "starting download".
    Catagories at the top don't seem to work.
    I'm sure lots more that I'll add to the list.
    Hey ALL,
    I've been reading this forum for the last 3 days non-stop (ever since I bought my Playbook). Simply love it.
    Sorry, if my next question sound dumb, I'm a total noob
    Ok, so I have OS 2.0. I have downloaded some .bar files and they all work fine.
    But I'd like to try the market as well. The only problem is, I can't seem to find the Android Player settings in OS 2.0.
    PLEASE HELP!
    11-27-11 12:19 PM
    This thread relates to the old Android leak not the current 2.0 beta
    11-27-11 12:22 PM
    Most apps probably wont work though right?
    11-27-11 12:24 PM
    Well i have Aptoide installed and i can search and see all the apps and download them but during installation there is a parsing error... need to see if there is a way around that. BTW aptoide is like cydia on iphone.\
    edit - more like installous...
    can you upload Aptoide Bar?
    06-01-12 09:11 AM
285 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD