Well, this is just a teaser for you all... I don't have anytime to post a how to, but watch for it, I will when I have time!
    07-23-11 06:18 PM
    Does it allow purchasing?
    07-23-11 06:20 PM
    How cool is that!!! Can't wait for your how to ;-)
    07-23-11 06:25 PM
    Awesome! How to please!
    07-23-11 06:42 PM
    Wow, cool! This will most certainly get Google's attention though and maybe not in a good way, lol.
    07-23-11 06:50 PM
    Cool, looking forward to the how to.
    07-23-11 06:57 PM
    can't wait to set this up on mine...
    07-23-11 09:45 PM
    That's fine, but can you actually install apps through it?

Running a program and actually being able to use it are two different things...
    07-23-11 09:57 PM
    wheres this how to?
    07-23-11 11:27 PM
    are you serious! boo i kept trying to load andriod market on mine but it keep freezing/dying as soon as i try to sign in...
    07-23-11 11:52 PM
    Well i have Aptoide installed and i can search and see all the apps and download them but during installation there is a parsing error... need to see if there is a way around that. BTW aptoide is like cydia on iphone.\
    edit - more like installous...
    07-24-11 12:42 AM
    Whats the hold up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 01:04 AM
    Are you sure your not playing with gimp ? lol
    07-24-11 05:31 AM
    Will be checking CrackBerry a lot more than usual today I think!
    germany4ever and R_Santhosh like this.
    07-24-11 05:54 AM
    You should try the amazon app market. If that works then that adds 30+ paid I've gotten for free.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    boman06210 likes this.
    07-24-11 05:58 AM
    That's fine, but can you actually install apps through it?

Running a program and actually being able to use it are two different things...
    That's a tricky answer at this point... Yes you can download apps through marketplace, but when it gets to 100% and goes to install it, it crashes and burns. Actually it reboots the whole playbook.

Here's the kicker though, you can browse to where it was downloaded and it installs just fine from that location.

There's some ugliness to work through and it's a little tricky finding everything that needs to be changed, so it will take a bit to get a good guide on how to get this working. It most likely will require a clean install of the Android player as well, but we'll see.

Here's a few more screenshots showing it downloading.
    07-24-11 06:00 AM
    Is this for real!!
    great great!!
    07-24-11 07:29 AM
    Welp, my best bud just went out and bought a playbook after I linked him to this. he said it'll to perfect with his htc inspire. And I bet I can tall him into getting one of the new BB7 devices.
    07-24-11 07:50 AM
    Oooooo! *rubs hands in a sinister way* - My Precious...
    07-24-11 08:09 AM
    its good to see the market running,but what is the real advantage if nearly none of the apps work like they should.
    But a working market with the final android would be great,though i doubt this will happen.
    07-24-11 08:23 AM
    Rim needs to plug this Asap. How can Rim make money if you can sideload and or use another market place.

Its getting out of hand.

07-24-11 08:29 AM
    what android would u like to see working the most.
    i had a android tablet,but i found nearly no apps that interested me really
    07-24-11 08:45 AM
    Rim needs to plug this Asap. How can Rim make money if you can sideload and or use another market place.

Its getting out of hand.

No kidding! HaTaX insists that his hard work is supporting BB developers. Did you know that the PlayBook's magnetic compass and gyroscope work for Android apps via the player, but I cannot access the same hardware from my Air app? Neither can I use Bluetooh in my app yet.

Somehow, this does not seem right to me. But I am just a crybaby developer so what does it matter?
    07-24-11 08:50 AM

Its getting out of hand.

It's RIM's own fault.....if they were truly committed to the PB and had great apps and delivered what they promise on time then people wouldn't have to go and find workarounds to get what they want.

AR
    arvindh likes this.
    07-24-11 08:59 AM
    I am glad that people are having fun with this but until the Android Player loads faster, gets more integrated into Playbook OS, and until everything works as it should, this is a curiousity for me. It would be nice if this helps RIM sell some Playbooks though.

It is CRAZY that android apps work with features that BB developers don't have access to. I am not sure if this is good or bad.
    07-24-11 09:38 AM
285 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD