im a little confused here. all the videos online suggested the android player was almost like a "plug in" that would allow android apps in app world to be used on the playbook.

this leak seems to be a full android emulator. i mean people are treating the player as a full android device. hitting the android player icon seems to launch a full android gingerbread system.

i thought the android apps were going to install on the home screen and launch like regular playbook apps and this "player" was gonna run them. i didnt think i was gonna have a full blown second os on my device.
    I would hardly call it a full blown os. Its a virtual machine running a slimmed down/partially functional android OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 08:35 AM
    this week we port android, next week we emulate apple applications, august we play webos app catalog and nokia store. get the best of what;s around. no need to develop apps or wait for NDK or FIPS or whatever, just port it. job done
    imagine you can get like 500,000 applications over 5 operating system!
    everybody happy>
    07-22-11 10:51 AM
    heres probably what happened, some RIM employee compiled and built this using old source code on july 19th, wasnt too careful with it, and someone got a hold of it. U'd think rim employees would remove the "phone" application from their latest build, no? thats easy enough.....i mean, it would even annoy the developers to see that i think
    07-22-11 11:21 AM
    60 dog days, RIM days or calendar days?
    the man miss a digit, so its 600 days instead of 60. calendar days of course
    07-22-11 11:27 AM
    I downloaded the leak, but am a little hesitant to install it on my PB until there's more feedback.
    I'm waiting for all the threads from those who can't wait and are now having problems with their PB. I wonder who they will blame.
    07-22-11 11:46 AM
    Oh well if they claim that's the case, it MUST be old. No way that RIM would take way longer than projected to produce a substandard product and then lie about it.
    shut up. that is all.

07-22-11 12:32 PM
    im a little confused here. all the videos online suggested the android player was almost like a "plug in" that would allow android apps in app world to be used on the playbook.

this leak seems to be a full android emulator. i mean people are treating the player as a full android device. hitting the android player icon seems to launch a full android gingerbread system.

i thought the android apps were going to install on the home screen and launch like regular playbook apps and this "player" was gonna run them. i didnt think i was gonna have a full blown second os on my device.
    You are right. This is a debugging build for developers, so it is the entire evironment

07-22-11 12:36 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD