Great Job on The Andriod Leak.. now the good part is trying it.. i believe a couple of Mac OSX users are still stuck on how to sideload the Android Player

Solutions for Mac Users anyone??

+

Here are a few mirrors for the Android player for Playbook.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Solutions on sideloading on Mac anyone??
    07-21-11 02:16 PM
    Unfortunately the only current method is running Boot Camp and doing it from Windows; I don't know of any options for sideloading via the Mac OS X operating system.
    07-21-11 06:27 PM
    07-21-11 06:38 PM
    You can sideload on a mac, others here have gotten it working no problem. I don't use a mac for my main computer but I do have it in a VM. I'm sure someone will post up what they did to get it working.
    07-21-11 06:42 PM
    You can sideload on a mac, others here have gotten it working no problem. I don't use a mac for my main computer but I do have it in a VM. I'm sure someone will post up what they did to get it working.
    I'm curious how as the program being used is Windows only....I know Mac has Java support and can sideload official apps through the BlackBerry AppStore, but I wasn't sure if we could sideload unofficial leaks without running some version of Windows.
    07-21-11 07:39 PM
    You don't need windows at all to sideload apps. All the application files responsible for installing the apps are java based and don't care what OS they run on. That's why it's launched with a "java" command from the command line.

The batch file that I wrote is for windows, yes, but the loader itself is entirely OS independent.

If you just take the commands I'm running in my batch file and execute them at the command line on your mac, it will work.
    07-21-11 08:24 PM
    You don't need windows at all to sideload apps. All the application files responsible for installing the apps are java based and don't care what OS they run on. That's why it's launched with a "java" command from the command line.

The batch file that I wrote is for windows, yes, but the loader itself is entirely OS independent.

If you just take the commands I'm running in my batch file and execute them at the command line on your mac, it will work.
    Ah, I didn't realize the entire process was based in Java. Thank you for the clarification!
    07-21-11 08:59 PM
    Any chance of a tutorial for us luddites on Macs who are utterly lost...?
    08-10-11 10:41 AM
    If people are still having trouble getting this to work on their macs, post in here! If there's enough attention I'll turn my batch file into a script for OSX and supply it with my Playbook_tools.zip file.

Really all the files are the same for OSX besides the batch file, that won't work so well. Other then that, since it's all java based, there's no reason you can't run it from your mac as well.

It's command line / terminal work, but nothing bad or scary at all.
    08-10-11 12:36 PM
    If people are still having trouble getting this to work on their macs, post in here! If there's enough attention I'll turn my batch file into a script for OSX and supply it with my Playbook_tools.zip file.

Really all the files are the same for OSX besides the batch file, that won't work so well. Other then that, since it's all java based, there's no reason you can't run it from your mac as well.

It's command line / terminal work, but nothing bad or scary at all.
    I would be extremely grateful if you would do so. I have the .bar file downloaded and tried to use the Tablet SDK to push it to my Playbook. I'm quite inexperienced with the OSX Terminal but I keyed in the path I needed, then tried using the commands I had seen online by people helping with sideloading. It didn't work and if I were on a PC I'd just download DDPB, sadly they have no OSX port. So if you could make a Mac script or even just detail the commands I'd need to use in the Terminal (in case I got them wrong) I'd owe you big time. Thanks in advance.
    08-13-11 11:58 PM
    ...So if you could make a Mac script or even just detail the commands I'd need to use in the Terminal (in case I got them wrong) I'd owe you big time. Thanks in advance.
    Code:
    java -Xmx512M -jar "lib\BarDeploy.jar" -installApp -device TABLETIP -password TABLETPASS sys.android.bar
    Just replace the TABLETIP with the PB's IP address, and the TABLETPASS with the password. Pay attention to the "lib\BarDeploy.jar" string as that is where the BarDeploy.jar file is assumed to be located. If you're running this from the path that contains BarDeploy.jar, take off the "lib\" section.
    08-14-11 01:08 AM
    Great Job on The Andriod Leak.. now the good part is trying it.. i believe a couple of Mac OSX users are still stuck on how to sideload the Android Player

Solutions for Mac Users anyone??

+

Here are a few mirrors for the Android player for Playbook.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Solutions on sideloading on Mac anyone??
    I posted a thorough walk through using Hatax's steps for Mac here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/android-app-player-leaked-631665-post6503312/?posted=1#post6503312

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    HaTaX likes this.
    08-14-11 12:34 PM
    eeek. I can not get this to work. comes up with the following error.

Error: peer not authenticated

Using beta 2.0
    11-07-11 06:06 AM
    eeek. I can not get this to work. comes up with the following error.

Error: peer not authenticated

Using beta 2.0
    Danger, Will Robinson!

If you're running the OSv2 beta you SHOULD NOT be trying to load any Android Player bar files on your Playbook. The OSv2 beta comes with Android Player installed already and trying to load one of these older players will screw up your Android Player under v2.0 and force you to have to do a Security Wipe to get it working again!

You certainly can (and should) load some of the bar files that have been created out of the Android Apps (APK files) but you should not be trying to load the Android Player itself..

Hope that makes sense..
    11-07-11 08:33 AM
    Sorry, Im not trying to load the Android Player, just sideload .bar files.
    Haven't been able to get a single one working.
    11-07-11 11:11 PM
    Trying to load local_bar so future .bar files I can install from the playbook
    11-07-11 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD