I really think the android emulator needs to be updated for the playbook! It crashes all the time and fails to open for me! Does anyone else get this? If so, is there a way to combat it?
    06-25-12 07:10 PM
    It has been. The beta OS 2.1 player is much more stable, rarely crashes and can't really freeze up.
    06-25-12 07:35 PM
    It has been. The beta OS 2.1 player is much more stable, rarely crashes and can't really freeze up.
    Had the OS update for ages now, still does it though
    06-25-12 07:54 PM
    I don't typically have many crashes but I only 4 android apps installed so maybe thays why.
    06-25-12 08:24 PM
    I don't typically have many crashes but I only 4 android apps installed so maybe thays why.
    Exactly the same amount, am I doing something wrong? Like having too much music or files in general on my PlayBook?
    06-25-12 08:29 PM
    Had the OS update for ages now, still does it though
    Can't have had it for ages, it''s only been out since May 31. Are you sure you're not talking about OS 2.01.
    06-25-12 09:01 PM
    There are some Android apps that are apparently well behaved with the current emulator, some like Ghost Commanderr which crash if you try certain things and maybe others that crash frequently for no reason. Anybody who posts crash complaints would be making a contribution if they stated which app did it and what they were trying to do.
    06-25-12 09:10 PM
    I have the beta OS I'm sure of it and it's every android app I try
    06-26-12 05:57 AM
    I had the same problems and found OS 2.1 much better after a security wipe. Android plays much better than before and crashes less often. But it still happens sometimes and the best fix for me is a reboot. Kindle works reliably on Playbook but a lot of other apps are a bit flaky.
    06-26-12 06:02 AM
    I really think the android emulator needs to be updated for the playbook! It crashes all the time and fails to open for me! Does anyone else get this? If so, is there a way to combat it?
    Yes. Android does not work most of the time. Also. It. An cause the battery to tun down fast if app is left running. RIM has software development problems and needs help in that area.
    06-26-12 07:16 AM
    Since I got the 2.1 beta it has never crashed for me.. Not even frozen up once like before..
    But that would depend largely on what apps you run too i gues..
    06-26-12 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD