i just read yesterday that at&t would release ics in febuary.
    today the update was live for download.

Take note rim! thats how it should work. Any way im so looking forward to 2.0
    02-02-12 04:31 PM

sorry for the dumb question, but take note of what exactly? :/
    02-02-12 04:38 PM

So how it should work is to release half finished bug laden garbage with massive security holes fast? No thanks. I think I will pass.
    f1mx and omniusovermind like this.
    02-02-12 04:38 PM
    rim is releasing 2.0 this month, i don't understand what the op is talking about.....patience is the right way to go
    02-02-12 04:41 PM
    Lol, your kidding I hope. Do you think the software was made available yesterday, and they just dropped it today? While I think everyone agrees that the 2.0 features are overdue...the alternative is don't promise anything...impossible to get it wrong then, right? How many articles are being written these days that iphone5 is now half a year late...oh wait they never announced...therefore it isn't. Everyone knows ipad3 is around the corner yet likely no formal confirmation until a week or two before release.

It seems a pointless point is being made. I think I'm grumpy, off to the gym Like the OP I too am looking forward to 2.0
    Last edited by blue-b; 02-02-12 at 04:51 PM.
    02-02-12 04:46 PM
    I'd like to know where the op "read" that att released ics already.
    02-02-12 04:51 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V6T0lJc3dU[/YT]

Yeah?
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    02-02-12 04:52 PM
    If RIM rushes and puts out a buggy OS they are hammered for i competents. If they take some time and put out a good product they are hammered for draging their feet and being behind the times. I for one want a product that meets my needs, is stable, and works. I have that in my 9930/PB combo. When 2.0 gets here it will be great. Until than enjoy what the PB can do now. IMO it does it better than any other.
    derrickps3 likes this.
    02-02-12 04:52 PM
    If RIM rushes and puts out a buggy OS they are hammered for i competents. If they take some time and put out a good product they are hammered for draging their feet and being behind the times. I for one want a product that meets my needs, is stable, and works. I have that in my 9930/PB combo. When 2.0 gets here it will be great. Until than enjoy what the PB can do now. IMO it does it better than any other.
    Huge waste of time and energy trying to explain.

It's been said thousands of time, in most every thread, almost every day, in every way imaginable, and it goes unnoticed.

Sadly new threads regurgitating the same tired stuff just keep getting started.
    02-02-12 05:01 PM
    Same old $hit, different day.
    02-02-12 05:09 PM
    I think the OP was trying to say that RIM should only make announcements when things are ready to deliver, i.e. don't say back in Nov./Dec. that OS 2.0 will be released in Feb. RIM should say 2.0 exists and not give any definitive release date until it's ready the next day.

ICS was known to exist and no one knew whether AT&T would bless their phone with the update. When AT&T finally announced availability, it was ready for download. What the OP neglected to add was that everyone was mad at AT&T for lack of communication.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    02-02-12 05:19 PM
    all i know is 2.0 is coming soon.............
    02-02-12 05:31 PM
    So, yesterday you read about the Feb release of ICS. When was it actually developed and when was it first mentioned that ICS would be released?
    What does this have to do with the PB, today?
    02-02-12 05:31 PM
    Their releases as of late have been both late AND buggy. This applies to OS7, OS7.1, PB os1. PB os2 is yet to be determined.

Just because the releases take a really long time doesn't automatically mean they're solid...
    02-02-12 05:33 PM
    rim is releasing 2.0 this month,
    You know that for a fact?
    dgjackson40 likes this.
    02-02-12 05:36 PM
    You know that for a fact?

yea, it;s all over the web
    02-02-12 05:39 PM
    I actually lost brain cells I'll never recover reading the OP
    02-02-12 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD