Hey guys, normally android browser and facebook for android should work well under bridge, but today out of sudden the browser lost connection to the bridge, so does the facebook for android app.

Certain apps like Tweetcaster for android still works. I tried reconnecting bridge or hard reset but to no avail. Anyone encountered this before?

I had this problem once before but it solved itself. Now it seems to persist. Thanks in advance!

Update: After a wipe it worked, but 2 days after the wipe, now it doesn't work in wifi! Only bridge connection working now. It says '503 transport not supported' but I never changed anything from the last time it worked.

Is there any way to just factory reset the android player, killing it and hard reset didn't solve this
    Last edited by jiatern; 06-08-12 at 09:58 PM.
    El Cid likes this.
    06-05-12 09:54 PM
    Hey guys, normally android browser and facebook for android should work well under bridge, but today out of sudden the browser lost connection to the bridge, so does the facebook for android app.

Certain apps like Tweetcaster for android still works. I tried reconnecting bridge or hard reset but to no avail. Anyone encountered this before?

I had this problem once before but it solved itself. Now it seems to persist. Thanks in advance!
    Same here, it happened to me ~2:30 PM EDT, FWIW, Al Jazeera English Livestream (audio and video) via its PlayBook app keeps dropping off after just a few seconds, that is not the case via native PB browser. Weird to say the least.
    jiatern likes this.
    06-05-12 11:05 PM
    Same here, it happened to me ~2:30 PM EDT, FWIW, Al Jazeera English Livestream (audio and video) via its PlayBook app keeps dropping off after just a few seconds, that is not the case via native PB browser. Weird to say the least.
    Apparently only android browser is not having connection, other apps like Google Maps and Kindle works though.

Not having browser working in android means I cant login facebook too. Only works in wifi now.
    06-06-12 12:49 AM
    Anyone can help me please, this is annoying me a lot because I can't use the android browser to login any android app (for example twitter connected apps, etc) and it happened just so suddenly.

Is there any other way than doing a wipe...
    06-06-12 07:32 AM
    Hi
    Have you tried alternative Android browsers or do these apps specifically target the in-built one?

For the problem, directly, have you changed anything in relation to Bridge recently? For example: a newer bridge on your handset or the new 2.1 beta firmware on Playbook?
    06-06-12 06:33 PM
    Hi
    Have you tried alternative Android browsers or do these apps specifically target the in-built one?

For the problem, directly, have you changed anything in relation to Bridge recently? For example: a newer bridge on your handset or the new 2.1 beta firmware on Playbook?
    I tried dolphin browser in android, same issue.

Currently I am using the new 2.1 beta, but for the first few days I was able to use the android browser on bridge connection. I never changed any settings in bridge, it just happened one morning when I woke up.

So I should do a full security wipe? Or reinstall the OS? I only afraid the problem persists after a wipe.
    06-06-12 08:49 PM
    I tried dolphin browser in android, same issue.

Currently I am using the new 2.1 beta, but for the first few days I was able to use the android browser on bridge connection. I never changed any settings in bridge, it just happened one morning when I woke up.

So I should do a full security wipe? Or reinstall the OS? I only afraid the problem persists after a wipe.
    Have you tried a hard reset, aka a simulated battery pull? (pressing and simultaneously holding the Power, Volume- and Volume+ buttons) I'd hate to recommend a security wipe if only because of the inconvenience of having to restore your apps and everything else you have on your PB, since you're testing the 2.1 beta you're going to have to reinstall the GM OS sooner or later, so why not try that and see if it works.
    06-07-12 11:33 PM
    I have tried hard reset but it didn't work. Okay now I have wiped and it is working again, and guess what, after 2 days wiped, now WIFI cannot access the android browser.

It gives me 503 transport error, only bridge can use the browser. I don't know is this a problem with OS2.1, I never had this problem before! It just happened on itself!
    06-08-12 09:34 PM
    Has anyone got another solution other than a security wipe? i would hate to lose my ported apps
    02-03-13 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD