I have many androids apps installed in my playbook and some requires wifi connection to use. I am encountering problems with some of android applications that needs wifi connection, it seems to me that some apps don't recognize wifi connection of my playbook, so when I start using the apps it says error occurred check internet connection, but some playbook using the same apps works perfectly, I wonder what's wrong? This only occur in some of my android apps installed in my PB. How can I make those app work in PB? Do I need to do security wipe? change settings in my PB?
    anyone also experiencing the same problem?
    02-29-12 11:16 PM
    I am facing the same issue. I had asked a question related to this earlier in the forum but looks like no one knows the answer.
    03-01-12 08:21 AM
    I wonder if its possible for an app to require a Wifi connection and not just a data connection?

I've had no problems with my Android apps that connect to the internet.
    03-01-12 08:28 AM
    @PBfanatic - Is your problem resolved? If not can you let us know your ISP and the router which you are using? There may be a workaround possible
    03-10-12 03:41 AM
    I discovered that is a serious issue. I tried to use an app called Bible and it refuses to launch stating that "An internet connection is required for the first tine the Bible App is oppened". My PB is connected to wifi and still the app does not recognize the connection. Same issue with VLC Direct. From here I deduct that is an issue plaguing the Android player embedded in the OS2.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by majorusa; 04-10-12 at 11:53 AM.
    04-10-12 11:49 AM
    Have any of you tried using the troublesome apps while bridged to your handset?

Sent using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    04-10-12 12:09 PM
    Any resolution to this? I find that this has effected me as well.
    05-02-12 07:48 AM
    Problem solved. Did complete backup, security wipe, then complete restore. That took some time, but went quite smoothly.

All Android apps now connect flawlessly to Wifi (including MLB AtBat, videos and all!!!)

Only catch was that for some reason sideloaded apps were not backed up and therefore not restored, so they had to be reinstalled... a 20 minute job, no biggy. Main thing is it all works now.
    05-03-12 07:52 AM
    DM only backs up apps that are installed in a NORMAL fashion - that is through appworld. It will NOT backup either native or android apps that have been sideloaded.
    05-03-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD