Has anyone experienced an issue where when you launch any android app you get the "Initializing, Please Wait..." screen for about 3 minutes and then it just bumps you back to the Home screen? This will repeat if tried again. Aside from a reboot I'm not sure what to do. Very annoying.. Thanks.

Gary
    03-15-12 08:55 AM
    Has anyone experienced an issue where when you launch any android app you get the "Initializing, Please Wait..." screen for about 3 minutes and then it just bumps you back to the Home screen? This will repeat if tried again. Aside from a reboot I'm not sure what to do. Very annoying.. Thanks.

Gary
    It's a common problem I experience frequently, but especially when certain Android apps are launched. The only solution I know of is "reboot", and I would like to learn a better way to deal with it as well. I limit use of Android apps to those that are known to behave well, and I usually prepare for reboots when trying out new Android apps, either from App world or side loaded.
    03-15-12 09:00 AM
    Some people say if you wait long enough it goes away or opening a bunch of native apps will force it away or into submission. For now I'm staying away from android apps if I can help it.
    03-15-12 09:05 AM
    I updated blackberry runtime now all android apps not working including Amazon Store. Please help I'm using a Blackberry Z3.
    09-29-17 11:14 PM
    I updated blackberry runtime now all android apps not working including Amazon Store. Please help I'm using a Blackberry Z3.
    Since this is a PlayBook forum, I doubt you'll get much help here. On a PlayBook, if memory resources are low, Android runtime will simply stop and close. I'll check hardware info when it happens and it is usually thee case if the PlayBook has been running for a while and many apps have been used. Better to have a crashed app close than getting a BSOD in Windows I suppose. I. solve it by rebooting.
    10-05-17 09:07 PM
    "Rebooting" does not work for me I tried several times.
    01-22-18 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD