I know this is one of the most common problems with the playbook. Has anyone had any success with fixing the frozen android app player on the playbook? In case you don't know what this is, this is when you are using an android app and then it freezes. Stopping you from using any other Android apps. Any help on this without restarting the playbook( which takes way too long) would be greatly appreciated.
    06-20-12 09:52 AM
    I find Memory Eater usually works great at resolving this, I think it was .99 cents, usually eliminate the need for a restart or hard reset ,saves a lot of time and aggravation.
    06-20-12 10:02 AM
    I find Memory Eater usually works great at resolving this, I think it was .99 cents, usually eliminate the need for a restart or hard reset ,saves a lot of time and aggravation.
    Yes. I have seen that method, but I was hoping not to have to buy something. RIM should fix this problem. Not make the playbook owners find a solution.
    06-20-12 10:06 AM
    People have been saying that the player will restart after about 15 minutes. This is able in my case. This thing has been frozen for over an hour!!
    06-20-12 10:10 AM
    People have been saying that the player will restart after about 15 minutes. This is able in my case. This thing has been frozen for over an hour!!
    Well I'm not sure why you'd wait an hour, a restart or hard reset will only take 3 min. at most.
    06-20-12 11:15 AM
    Well I'm not sure why you'd wait an hour, a restart or hard reset will only take 3 min. at most.
    I was doing other things on it while waiting.
    06-20-12 11:30 AM
    Sometimes, you can force the Android Player to reload. Close it. Now just start opening a whole series of native apps - clock, weather, browser, photos, email, calendar, etc, etc. Eventually, the pb starts to unload background stuff including the frozen Android. Now close everything and it MAY allow Android to work again. Also, there is a free program you can sideload that works like that Memory Eater. It generally works but not all the time. It is called OVERLOAD. I had "solicited" it and one our resident geniuses provided it. Found it:

Reply 8:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...player-721359/
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-20-12 11:50 AM
    Another issue I have also had today. The PB isn't my best friend this week - buggy as feck
    06-20-12 12:16 PM
    There is hope. The android player runs much more stable under the beta OS 2.1.
    06-20-12 05:10 PM
    Yes. I have seen that method, but I was hoping not to have to buy something. RIM should fix this problem. Not make the playbook owners find a solution.
    RIM will fix it. In the meantime, the answer is simple, pay the 99 cents or reboot.
    06-20-12 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD