A friend recently let me borrow a PlayBook to see if I wanted to buy it from him. I've side loaded android apps and got full access to bridge bypassing at&t's block but have been trying to find something like Snap that works on PlayBook. Does that exist?

Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.1925 ATT
    03-01-14 12:45 AM
    Nope. It does not.
    03-01-14 12:49 AM
    That's unfortunate. That would have been the selling point. Any word of anything like that happening?

Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.1925 ATT
    03-01-14 12:54 AM
    It won't happen, period. If you are considering the Playbook, take a look at what it has NOW and plan for no more upgrades. It's a decent tablet for certain needs, but it's getting to a point that is rendering it obsolete for certain things. As an example, while the browser supports flash, some websites require a newer version than what's on the tablet. So, even with flash support, playbook still unable to access certain features. While not affecting many websites at the moment, I feel the trend will continue over time.

Using my BBRY to inconvenience 1s and 0s
    03-01-14 05:54 AM
    As an example, while the browser supports flash, some websites require a newer version than what's on the tablet. So, even with flash support, playbook still unable to access certain features. While not affecting many websites at the moment, I feel the trend will continue over time.
    Those sites don't work on android tablets either, so that is not a problem limited to the Playbook.
    03-01-14 11:23 AM
    Yeah, mobile flash is stuck at 11.x. Desktop flash is now at 12 something. When I get flash issues, I go out of desktop mode and there usually is HTML5 content but sometimes not. Evaluate it on its strengths, build quality, sound quality, HDMI out, decent screen resolution, bridge, pretty good desktop browsing experience from a mobile device. Don't buy it for apps but I have enough to keep me happy.
    03-01-14 02:09 PM