last time i checked The Playbook IS a BB product?

I can do facetime on my iMac, Macbook Pro, iPod Touch and iPhone. All separate Apple products. People want the same compatibility with BB products. BBM and Email should be on every mobile product they make. Especially if they are marketing that product to businesses.

The fact that you can't is what people and analysts are upset about and it is killing RIM's sales.
    Well said! And, even if you didn't use Facetime, you could always use Skype on all of those devices.
    01-17-12 10:18 PM
    Neither development, some analysts say, is a positive sign for the BlackBerry 10 operating system, a variation of the PlayBook�s software for the coming phones that RIM hopes will restore the BlackBerry�s popularity in North America.
    There are obviously some technical problems integrating this that they weren�t able to solve,� said Mike Abramsky, an analyst with RBC Capital Markets. They�re being very disorganized and uncommunicative about it
    This is the best they could write about Rim after a great CES 2012? Were they just taking pictures or did they just walk by the Rim booth or were they ignored by Rim representatives again?
    01-17-12 11:05 PM
    oh no!!! late next february? , people will have to wait about 40 days before they can get that feature.. but will the company last that long?

god damnit, i hate these writers. so dumb.
    01-17-12 11:11 PM
    reading articles about rim is about like reading liberal biased stories about republicans .
    Always based on emotion and bias just like polotics rim bashers sound like nut job liberals.
    01-17-12 11:43 PM
    It seems like taking time to develop a quality product doesn't really count as a reason to delay a software release... at least according to analysts - software doesn't take time to develop and there must be some huge technical problem delaying RIM

What people should realize is that the future of RIM is dependent on the foundation of software they are laying right now. If they release a hastily put together version of BBM people are going to write off RIM even moreso. They need to release something that is best in class (like they have done with the email).
    HabsSuck and Knightcrawler like this.
    01-17-12 11:52 PM
    Positive and negative analyses of OS2 and BB10 at this point are all a bit "vaporish," so nothing to get excited about. But, two things are certain: RIM better succeed in bringing out OS2 and mail this time around, if it wants to retain any credibility. And, the 7" tablet market has gotten tougher, with the advent of the $199 Fire and the announcement of a $249 quad-core tablet. RIM has its work cut out for it...
    Richdog- likes this.
    01-17-12 11:59 PM
    By IAN AUSTEN and BRIAN X. CHEN
    Published: January 16, 2012

OTTAWA � Nearly 10 months after its debut, *THAT SOUNDS BAD* the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will finally *BUZZWORD* get e-mail and other important missing *BUZZWORD* features in February. But after examining *OOOOH, "FORENSICS"* a preview *CUZ THAT'S THE LIMIT OF OUR EXPERIENCE* of the software upgrade last week, several analysts *LIKE WHO, AND DON'T SAY "MY SISTER"* said the device�s maker, Research in Motion, continues to struggle *BUZZWORD* with significant technical issues, *BUZZWORD*which could hinder *BUZZWORD* its effort *BUZZWORD* to reverse *BUZZWORD* its declining *BUZZWORD* fortunes.

Link to article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/17/te...-analysts.html
    Yeah. you don't need to work for a MAJOR Canadian media franchise to know that this is a smear campaign written by yahoos even now toasting their first major newsbreak while playing tic-tac-toe on their iSheeple. I'm embarrassed to acknowledge that one of them is Canadian.

I don't even know what more to say about this. I hope there's a defamation lawsuit... but they didn't really "say" anything.... now, did they???

Arrrrrgh!
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-18-12 12:28 AM
    Tell me, what is so comical about the analyst's article? To me posts like this is what bothers me, and the big problem on this forum. Did you even read the article carefully?
    This is CLEARLY an opinion piece. Not an "article." It's kinda like the difference between a "news article" and a "blog".
    blue-b, alnamvet68 and Richdog- like this.
    01-18-12 12:36 AM
    reading articles about rim is about like reading liberal biased stories about republicans .
    Always based on emotion and bias just like polotics rim bashers sound like nut job liberals.
    The irony is strong with this one.
    01-18-12 12:53 AM
    Does anyone take the NYT seriously anymore? I mean really. My dog won't even take a pee on that rag. He has standards too.
    Your dog won't pee on it because it realizes that the New York Times is our nation's foremost newspaper and is still light years better than most. The analyst wrote his point of view, and he is allowed to do that. I do remember the iPhone being bashed because of it's antennas last year. Toyota was bashed when some of its models were found to have shipped with mechanical hazards. This was after years of prosperity and fame. It is the way of the world.

The point is that RIM gave the pundits plenty of material to bash them about. I certainly can understand why people might scratch their heads at the notion of a business tablet emerging without native e-mail. And one of any Blackberry's primary bragging rights stems from security. It is certainly newsworthy if that security is inapplicable to the Playbook. It would be easier to ignore the bashing if RIM's shares were not down, with its hold on the market slipping almost daily.

We are on Crackberry, it is true, but that doesn't mean that we should flush objectivity down the toilet. I never want to look on the opposite side of Apple apologists, and find Blackberry apologists. Any criticism that can be leveled at the one can be leveled at the other. A consumer should owe his allegiance to his own pockets. I made the decision to purchase a 9930 and a Playbook this time around. I can't say that I don't have any misgivings about that.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 01-18-12 at 01:34 AM.
    bluecougar likes this.
    01-18-12 01:15 AM
    Of course, one could always bury his head in sand; why read at all when liberal bias permeates the entire environment? Then all republicans can be insulated from both criticism and improvement. This excludes the Fox News which, as we all know, always endeavors to tell the truth. I need not remind anyone that this is not a political forum.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 01-18-12 at 06:06 AM.
    01-18-12 01:24 AM
    Well said! And, even if you didn't use Facetime, you could always use Skype on all of those devices.
    You could use Gtalk on Playbook.

And anyway BBM is a paid service. You want to bypass that on wifi. You cant demand a seller to part with something he doesnt want to give away.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    01-18-12 03:00 AM
    A consumer should owe his allegiance to his own pockets. I made the decision to purchase a 9930 and a Playbook this time around. I can't say that I don't have any misgivings about that.
    Did you pay full price for your PB? I find it hard to have misgivings about paying $200 for a tablet that is clearly built to be worth double that, but got reduced due to losing a popularity contest with the sweaty masses.

I look at it this way - If I turn around and give this to my kid in 6 months because I decided to move onto something else that quickly, I'll have had my money's worth out of it already for a fraction of what I spent on coffee during that time. And I'll only be giving away 16 GB because the other 32GB my PB uses is on a MicroSD card receiving at least another year or two of use being ported from phone to phone.
    01-18-12 07:33 AM
    The irony is strong with this one.
    LOL.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    01-18-12 07:43 AM
    These guys probably write about something different every other day. Tomorrows article will probably be about eating dog food when there's nothing else in the fridge

Two D-bags who pretend their speculation is hard-nose research
    Last edited by anthogag; 01-18-12 at 08:06 AM.
    modine likes this.
    01-18-12 08:04 AM
    I just want to know one thing: which media outlet is NOT biased against RIM?
    I don't know Bruce..don't forget there are many posters on here who are clearly being paid to slam RIM and help bring the stock prices down..not to mention spread conspiracy theories in an attempt to crumble the RIMpire.

I say don't trust anybody, or anything. Hole yourself up inside your panick room and be sure to keep lots of tinfoil on hand.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-18-12 08:06 AM
    I don't know Bruce..don't forget there are many posters on here who are clearly being paid to slam RIM and help bring the stock prices down..not to mention spread conspiracy theories in an attempt to crumble the RIMpire.

I say don't trust anybody, or anything. Hole yourself up inside your panick room and be sure to keep lots of tinfoil on hand.
    I forgot about that Apple pays posters on here. My bad. No one is safe. The only unbiased tech reviews you can find are by the companies that make the products being reviewed.
    01-18-12 09:22 AM
    So if you're Blackberry, being tight-lipped about upcoming products means you're 'disorganized and uncommunicative'.

However if you're Apple, a company that brings a whole new meaning to corporate secrecy, that very same attitude generates excitement and free publicity from these very same analysts and writers.

Good to know fair and honest reporting is alive and well in the tech industry.
    Apple may be the darling at the moment, but as soon as they make a misstep, that same media will start attacking them too. That's what the media does. The credibility gap is what kills RIM. Every company is secretive, but RIM rolls out press releases, demos and the CEOs make promises, then RIM fails to deliver. RIM current track record is delay, delay, delay, then under deliver. You don't get that with Apple. If a product is delayed, you'll never know because Apple never made an announcement in the first place, so the media is willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It was earned. Until RIM earns that same level of credibility, whenever there isn't transparency people are going to be doubtful of their progress.
    conix67 likes this.
    01-18-12 09:54 AM
    So if you're Blackberry, being tight-lipped about upcoming products means you're 'disorganized and uncommunicative'.

However if you're Apple, a company that brings a whole new meaning to corporate secrecy, that very same attitude generates excitement and free publicity from these very same analysts and writers.

Good to know fair and honest reporting is alive and well in the tech industry.
    The article clearly states

�There are obviously some technical problems integrating this that they weren�t able to solve,� said Mike Abramsky, an analyst with RBC Capital Markets. �They�re being very disorganized and uncommunicative about it.�

If you look carefully, the article is about RIM's strategy on RIM's device not running on RIM's network - PB with WIFI access only.

This is not the same as being "tight lipped about upcoming products".

If they are bringing in new features, they need to provide full solution to the corporate customers (no, not end users like us). Obviously there are difficulties in this, and RIM appears to be not being very clear about it, which is a concern for investors and customers.
    01-18-12 10:16 AM
    Apple may be the darling at the moment, but as soon as they make a misstep, that same media will start attacking them too. That's what the media does. .
    Yes, if you put out good products, the media will react positively. If you put out subpar devices, the media will jump on you. What's your point?
    01-18-12 10:45 AM
    I don't understand why people are up in arms and saying RIM did so well in CES last week. You critize articles that discount RIM and its PB 2.0 saying they aren't respectable and the authors are idiots. Yet, people here praise RIM for showing off an OS for a tablet that was released last year and an OS that finally has the same features that every other OS has had standard for years. And you wonder why there are still articles bashing RIM after its "amazing" show at CES.
    01-18-12 06:41 PM
    I don't understand why people are up in arms and saying RIM did so well in CES last week. You critize articles that discount RIM and its PB 2.0 saying they aren't respectable and the authors are idiots. Yet, people here praise RIM for showing off an OS for a tablet that was released last year and an OS that finally has the same features that every other OS has had standard for years. And you wonder why there are still articles bashing RIM after its "amazing" show at CES.

Were you born yesterday ...oh wait, you joined Jan. 2012
    Last edited by anthogag; 01-19-12 at 08:58 AM.
    01-18-12 06:48 PM
    Yes, if you put out good products, the media will react positively. If you put out subpar devices, the media will jump on you. What's your point?
    Why don't you read the post I quoted, I think you'll get the point of my post . It all has to do with how the perception that the media gives Apple a pass, whereas RIM would get scrutinized.
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 01-18-12 at 07:06 PM.
    01-18-12 07:04 PM
    Why don't you read the post I quoted, I think you'll get the point of my post . It all has to do with how the perception that the media gives Apple a pass, whereas RIM would get scrutinized.
    Look what Apple has successfully executed over the past 2-3 years; it's brand value; it's stock value; the directions that it is growing with existing and developing platforms; the level of customer satisfaction with the products - as contrasted with RIM.

RIM just seems like it has walked the same steps that Palm did. I hope RIM can innovate and execute on its plans. However, I would not bet on it in today's competitive environment.
    01-18-12 07:20 PM
    Look what Apple has successfully executed over the past 2-3 years; it's brand value; it's stock value; the directions that it is growing with existing and developing platforms; the level of customer satisfaction with the products - as contrasted with RIM.

RIM just seems like it has walked the same steps that Palm did. I hope RIM can innovate and execute on its plans. However, I would not bet on it in today's competitive environment.
    I see many similarities between the market my company is in and the market Apple, RIM and Samsung are in. The issue we deal with is we are smaller and not as diversified. So, during the lean times it impacts us much more than them. Apple and Samsung make (or will make) TVs, laptops, desktops, mobile devices, etc. any one of those markets can crash and the larger more diversified organization can soldier on.

That said, us smaller (or more focused) companies can still do well if we find our niche and produce quality products/services or win at the PR game.
    01-18-12 07:39 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD