After the show last night we were able to vote for our favorite contestant using our IPad, but the page for voting would not load on our Playbook, no matter how much time we gave it. We tried using the stock Browser, Origami, and even the simple browser, all without success. Does anyone know why the IPad would work for voting, but not the Playbook??
    09-18-13 06:53 AM
    Not a clue. But can't you vote from the website? Why would one need an ipad for that?
    09-18-13 06:59 AM
    A developer can target their web code to only work with a particular browser if they wish.
    skline2 likes this.
    09-18-13 07:10 AM
    A developer can target their web code to only work with a particular browser if they wish.
    So if I tried to vote on my pc I can't because it's not an ipad? Or they only block other mobile strings? I guess with some of the alternate browsers you can change the agent.
    09-18-13 07:37 AM
    After the show last night we were able to vote for our favorite contestant using our IPad, but the page for voting would not load on our Playbook, no matter how much time we gave it. We tried using the stock Browser, Origami, and even the simple browser, all without success. Does anyone know why the IPad would work for voting, but not the Playbook??
    When you used Origami/Simple did you change the User Agent String? That can sometimes "fool" the website about the type of device.
    09-18-13 08:40 AM
    When you used Origami/Simple did you change the User Agent String? That can sometimes "fool" the website about the type of device.
    No, I kept the Agent String at the default setting, which I think may be Google Chrome.
    09-18-13 08:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure Origami default user agent is Android browser. Change it for next time.
    09-18-13 09:30 AM
    I'm pretty sure Origami default user agent is Android browser. Change it for next time.
    I checked my default settings on Origami.

Default user agent is Nexus 7 (recommended) and Desktop mode user agent is Chrome (recommended.).
    09-18-13 10:21 AM
    I voted the night before last using the native browser on my 64G Playbook without any issues.
    09-19-13 01:15 PM
    Thanks, I wish that I had also been able to vote.
    09-23-13 06:27 AM
    I checked my default settings on Origami.

Default user agent is Nexus 7 (recommended) and Desktop mode user agent is Chrome (recommended.).
    I don't see why an android device would not be able to vote, which is what your settings would have told the website you were using. Did the page not load at all or were some of the selections not functional? If the page did not load at all, I probably would have turned off/on PB WIFI to reset the connection. You could have also made your user agent more desktop-like or iPad-like if selections were not functional.
    09-23-13 07:58 AM
    The page loaded pretty much, but the selection to vote was not functional. WiFi connection did not appear to be the issue. What would have made the user agent more desktop-like or iPad-like instead of the default settings?
    09-23-13 10:02 AM
    For Origami, the easiest way to make it desktop is click the 3 bars, upper right. If in full screen mode, swipe down to reveal the toolbar. Then select desktop along the top next to private. It will reload the page in desktop. I'll have to check when I get home to make it more iPad-like (I usually never try to do this, LOL). Any reference to iPad or Safari (browser) would do it.

It's funny that default browser wouldn't let you vote as that is pretty desktop-like to begin with, as a previous poster comnmented.
    09-23-13 10:17 AM
    Yes, I agree with you, I was quite surprised when I could not vote for my favorite contestant while using my Playbook. Someone commented earlier that perhaps the website was never designed to allow a Playbook user to vote, no matter what the user settings. Not sure if this could be true or not.
    09-23-13 12:38 PM
    Yes, I agree with you, I was quite surprised when I could not vote for my favorite contestant while using my Playbook. Someone commented earlier that perhaps the website was never designed to allow a Playbook user to vote, no matter what the user settings. Not sure if this could be true or not.
    I suppose it could be some add-in that PB does not support, like Silverlight, and they coded something into the iPad/android page that only those devices could understand. Maybe the website was having trouble that night due to high volume of voters.
    09-23-13 01:00 PM
    me thinks Apple has deeeep pockets and made it so....paid for exclusive
    09-23-13 01:17 PM
    Yes, what you say makes sense. What I do know is that my friend in the same room as I was able to vote using an IPad. Interesting, I know.
    09-23-13 01:21 PM
    Just wondering if you were in "booster" mode in Origami (turns off Java) or you have Java turned off in native browser for speed reasons. Those input boxes are usually controlled by Javascript so that maybe why your vote button wouldn't work.
    09-24-13 01:12 PM