10-09-12 07:22 PM
105 ... 2345
tools
    I just tried and I am also able to stream videos from Amazon.
    03-08-12 10:32 PM
    Bad news, folks. We cannot stream again with Amazon Instant Video. It was working in both the native browser and SimpleBrowser+ as of last weekend. This is getting old.
    03-28-12 02:56 PM
    Crap. Same problem here again. Worked fine for about a month since the last flash errors. Quite a shame. I guess this thread will be active again.
    04-04-12 11:12 AM
    Maybe when RIM gets around to updating the flash player it will work again?
    04-04-12 11:46 AM
    No. Something else is up. There wasn't a rim update when amazon video started working again for me last time. At least not that I remember. I'm stumped.
    04-04-12 11:52 AM
    March 28th kindle fire update may be part of the answer. Seems like there was an update on the kindle fire a few days before Amazon Prime started giving my PB problems last time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 06:36 AM
    Just canceled my trial membership
    04-05-12 07:35 AM
    I've held off signing up to Amazon Prime until this is resolved- ie being able to play amazon videos on the playbook. It's also holding up my purchase of another playbook for my wife.

If my Playbook would streamline the Amazon stuff, it would be just about a perfect little device for my uses.

If someone gets wind of a solution, I'd appreciate a heads up.
    04-05-12 08:07 AM
    RIMM made some serious mistakes in the beginning when the PB was in development and after introdustion

Bridge: RIMM did not inform the mobile phone companies, like Verizon, ATT, Sprint and T-Mobile of their intention of using the bridge from the phone to the playbook. the Cell companies obviously loosing out as they can not sell seperate fees to use the PB tablet

Hence none of the major cell phone companies is showing the PB in their stores & websites and sell them as a package Phone/PB

The PB was clearly designed as an enhancement to a BB phone
    Instead of working with the cell phone companies, they had to sell the PB retail and on the web

Price: RIMM tried to sell the 7 inch tablet for the same price as a 10 inch anroid or Apple tablet. Again a no no

They only had to sell one PB for every new 10 BB phones sold to be sucessfull, by selling it through the mobile phone companies.

a big screw up

04-05-12 12:22 PM
    I just canceled my Netflix, and didn't have Amazon streaming. Kids are probably going to get pissed about Netflix, but I pay the bills so tough. Not only was the content kinda lame, but if they don't want to support Playbook, then I don't feel like supporting them. Same with Amazon. Don't need to buy stuff from them either. Plenty of other places to buy stuff from.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-05-12 12:49 PM
    Just got a 16GB PlayBook yesterday, and Prime Videos working just fine on my device yesterday and today through the standard browser.

Don't know if this is something intermittent, or what the difference would be between various devices running the same OS (mine is at 2.0.0.7971).
    04-05-12 01:26 PM
    Just got a 16GB PlayBook yesterday, and Prime Videos working just fine on my device yesterday and today through the standard browser.

Don't know if this is something intermittent, or what the difference would be between various devices running the same OS (mine is at 2.0.0.7971).
    Some movies work and some do not.
    04-11-12 01:51 PM
    Does The Walking Dead work on your PB? How about the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon? Some shows work, others apparently don't.
    04-11-12 02:34 PM
    I've noticed that some things work and others don't as well. We are still on our free trial and cancelled Netflix. I'm hoping an OS update includes whatever Flash update Amazon seems to be using now on some videos.
    04-11-12 02:48 PM
    I downloaded some Band of Brothers HD episodes. Aint working no more on the PB, but just fine on the pc.
    04-11-12 05:10 PM
    My walking dead season 2 hd episodes I purchased don't work. I have no problem with star trek original series hd.
    04-11-12 06:31 PM
    So far every Prime video I have tried worked just fine.
    04-11-12 06:59 PM
    Amazon Prime is hit or miss. Instant streaming is 50/50 whether it will work; definitely no on any videos that I've purchased (get the "update Flash" message), although didn't have this problem up to mid-December.

An annoyance for sure, but to be honest watching streams is easier on my HP Dm1Z as holding a tablet for extended periods of time versus a netbook with a standing screen is easier anyways. Curious though as it appears that Adobe is not updating the tablet Flash player which appears to be the culprit. I assume though that the Android based Kindle Fire isn't running into this problem.
    04-11-12 07:11 PM
    "24" is also playing now as well, and didn't for a month or so.
    I haven't been able to get these "24" episodes to work. Is it working for you?
    04-11-12 07:40 PM
    I just tried my walking dead hd episodes and now they are working. Guess I'm OK till the next flash update or kindle fire update. Try your "24" episode again, if it doesn't work, let me know which episode so I can try.
    04-11-12 08:09 PM
    RIMM made some serious mistakes in the beginning when the PB was in development and after introdustion

Bridge: RIMM did not inform the mobile phone companies, like Verizon, ATT, Sprint and T-Mobile of their intention of using the bridge from the phone to the playbook. the Cell companies obviously loosing out as they can not sell seperate fees to use the PB tablet

Hence none of the major cell phone companies is showing the PB in their stores & websites and sell them as a package Phone/PB

The PB was clearly designed as an enhancement to a BB phone
    Instead of working with the cell phone companies, they had to sell the PB retail and on the web

Price: RIMM tried to sell the 7 inch tablet for the same price as a 10 inch anroid or Apple tablet. Again a no no

They only had to sell one PB for every new 10 BB phones sold to be sucessfull, by selling it through the mobile phone companies.

a big screw up

they may not be showing in the mobile stores cause there is no 3g/4g Playbooks, and the bridge feature is not bad it a bonus for users. you don't have to pay for playbook service and phone service. just bridge and have 1 fee.
    04-11-12 08:46 PM
    you can also try Crackle.com for videos and movies
    04-11-12 08:56 PM
    Now B of B in HD is showing again. Amazon, be smart about this.
    04-11-12 10:14 PM
    I recently tried using Amazon Prime 1 mth free trial, happily tried watching movie on PlyBk only to find out i cant view bcuz im not from US
    sux Really was bcuz of my PS3 i took the trail, now il have to check out netflix on ps3.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 10:35 PM
    I just tried my walking dead hd episodes and now they are working. Guess I'm OK till the next flash update or kindle fire update. Try your "24" episode again, if it doesn't work, let me know which episode so I can try.
    "24" worked over wifi. However, it doesn't work over bridge. I recall being able to stream Amazon videos over bridge but then again I could be wrong as it has been a long time since I have done it. Anyone know if streaming Amazon videos over bridge works?
    04-12-12 03:08 PM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD