Waiting for dingleberry to come out again so that I can have my Huluberry back... maybe jailbreakers can also create an Amazonberry...
    03-03-12 04:38 PM
    If this is all that's available on the PlayBook than so be it. I'll be giving it a try very soon! I'm glad it is available at all. I do think BlackBerry and Playbook are making headway and gaining in popularity once again. Just reading the forums you see lots of folks returning.
    Definitely. I started with blackberry in 2011, so I don't see them as "has been". Since I been using them they have improved by leaps and bounds. The PB will get more dedicated content sooner rather than later, and it is a great piece of equipment that has a lot of different applications. Something like the kindle fire has alot of content but not really any other applications. Content is much easier to provide than good software and hardware.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    03-03-12 05:52 PM
    The plan is quite simple:
    Amazon wants to 1) stick it to RIM/BlackBerry 2) force people to buy Kindles and 3) perhaps outright kill the PlayBook and its descendants...
    Actually I don't think the install base of the PlayBook is large enough for them to care either way and that's sad. It's a great piece of hardware and the software is great... Especially the multitasking which which along with synergy preserves the best parts of the all but dead WebOS
    03-03-12 08:32 PM
    I guess it'll really hurt these companies bottom line and profits to allow another device to access their services. Poor companies. Must be doing so well they don't need or want anymore people paying to use their services unless they use the devices they want you to.

Ask rim why? No netflix oramazon streaming
    They don't want competition to their videostore
    03-03-12 09:16 PM
    I think in another thread is an explanation and video as to why some Amazon streaming video will play and others will not. Something to do with Adobe Flash having two version.
    03-03-12 10:02 PM
    Here another cent of my thoughts being added in (so this makes it two), when we get the error message it normally if not always shows up after the video plays for several seconds. So basically flash is doing what is is supposed to do.

What I do not understand is, in terms of marketing, don't you want your hands in everything?
    If you are not going to develop an application for a platform why not just allow user to continue to use the browser like they have for months?

It is complicated irrational in terms of business, if you do not have anything better to propose continue to use what works until you find a better way to make money. Do not just block an entire service.
    03-04-12 09:01 AM
    Well, there it is. I just tried this same movie and the same error message appeared.

I think I figured it out why sometimes it will work and sometimes it will not. It is the access route we take to access our videos.

Someone in this thread mentioned that if you hit the bookmarked link it would show "amazon.com....playbook...." in the url block.

If you manually type amazon.com in the url block, when you access the site you will not see "playbook" anywhere in the block. Continue to advance to your videos and there, you can watch videos. Its in the url block thats screwing everyone over, Amazon is making use of this so they know what you are using because they cannot collect the data on its own.
    03-04-12 09:08 AM
    Very interesting. I will try that. I did try the video store. Works pretty good. New movies at pretty good price. Definitely can be improved, but very good start. I don't blame RIM for moving towards dedicated content. Most of the complaints I see on this website are why isn't something support. This takes that problem away from "netflix" and allows rim to have some control. This will also give leverage pushing other content providers to compete. I like it!
    03-04-12 11:12 AM
    Tried logging in to amazon manually, same old same old.
    03-04-12 01:13 PM
    What bridges did RIM burn to have some many content providers going against them?
    I think it was the bridge they didn't cross - not selling enough PlayBook in the beginning and losing market share overall....doesn't bode well for anyone to throw resources at a sinking boat. Just my 2 cents....it's unfortunate, but it's the reality.
    03-04-12 02:05 PM
    Amazon in locking video content with Digital Rights Management (DRM). It is taking them some time to do it which is why somethings work and others don't. Eventually they will have all locked and nothing will stream to the PB.

It starts to play which means the Flash on the PB can play it but, when DRM can't be confirmed, it stops playing.

The answer is to go back to RIM and tell them they need to include the DRM module in Flash. Amazon can't fix this because they are contractually obligated to lock the content.
    I think there will definitely be fixes for this very soon. When I talked to them there were Microsoft down loads to fix the problem, so there will be work around for other media devices.
    03-04-12 06:57 PM
    I too can watch again with the os2 update what I noticed was the pc player was updated about two weeks before the os2 update and that was when it stopped working on the playbook. After the update it started to work again so it might have to do something with the flash player to
    03-04-12 08:25 PM
    This exactly the type of reaction that should be expected who admittedly patterned their device off the playbook design. It not a question of should they support the PB, rather one of why should they develop an app or support for it. The thing is Amazon just as others realize the power of the pb and would rather lose the money that could be made in support of it than to lose potential consumers that may decide to pick up a pb instead of a kindle. My wife has one and it does not really hold up to my pb. So the only way to avoid competition is to not support it and as soon as they can convince developers to make apps just for them say good bye to the amazon android app store.
    03-05-12 12:33 AM
    Has Amazon had a change of heart?

I was unable to watch any vids on my PB on Sunday. I tried again today (the same vids I tried before), and I was able to watch them.

Kinda wishing I hadn't sent them that angry email now.
    03-07-12 02:43 PM
    are there any free ones that can be tried?
    03-07-12 03:11 PM

I was unable to watch any vids on my PB on Sunday. I tried again today (the same vids I tried before), and I was able to watch them.

Maybe your angry email is the reason they changed their minds?

I can't use that service, but I do hope they did allow PBs to stream.
    03-07-12 03:13 PM

Same situation for me! Couldn't watch my Entourage seasons before and now I have no problem today!

This is great if it stays working!
    03-08-12 01:03 AM
    Interesting..... I have a "test video" that worked for a long time, stopped playing around the same time as everyone else had problems. Looked at it today and... it is in fact playing with no issues. (Absence of Malice)
    03-08-12 09:04 AM
    "24" is also playing now as well, and didn't for a month or so.
    03-08-12 09:17 AM
    Today I am able to stream hd videos I have purchased again.
    03-08-12 11:04 AM
    anyway to get this service working in canada?
    I do have a US account.
    03-08-12 12:31 PM
    Just emailed Amazon to see if i could get a refund for Amazon Prime.
    03-08-12 12:37 PM
    Done. They are fast.
    03-08-12 02:29 PM
    Ok, what's going on? Videos that would not play suddenly do!
    03-08-12 07:25 PM
    OK. I can't find a single video that will not play. Hd or otherwise. I didn't get an update on my PlayBook, so I think it was a problem with amazon. I hope it stays like this. My daughter has a kindle and I really enjoyed my PlayBook better. The kindle fire does not play hd.
    trinipoco likes this.
    03-08-12 08:15 PM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD