Is anybody else having problems with this today? It plays about 5 seconds and then gives me a Playback Error:
    "Sorry we were unable to steam this Video. This is likely because your Flash Player needs to be updated."

But the Adobe site states that I have the latest version available for my browser.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    01-14-12 06:57 AM
    just checked. worked for me??
    01-14-12 07:39 AM
    I am still having the problem with a specific series- The Sons of Anarchy, Season 1.

...but I tried Lost Season 2, and it plays just fine.

Maybe it is on Amazon's end??
    01-14-12 01:08 PM
    I just used mine this morning sitting in the hospital with my daughter. I was watching movies on it just fine with no problem at all.
    01-14-12 01:31 PM
    Working for me. I have had times where no flash would play from any site and I just get a padlock screen. Restart takes care of it.
    01-14-12 01:35 PM
    I've had problems streaming too, starting this past weekend. At first it was Star Trek Voyager on Amazon, then most everything on Amazon. Tonight I discovered Crackle.com no longer streams at all on my PB. Everything streamed fine on Thursday night.

So far I've tried a Pwr/VolUp/VolDown reset, a few restarts, and numerous browser data clears. My PB has been streaming flawlessly for weeks, now this.

Anybody have other suggestions? I'll try anything, short of shipping it back to RIM!
    01-18-12 12:02 AM
    I just checked, and I'm having the problem, too. What gives???
    01-18-12 01:28 AM
    Any solutions? I know we can't use Netflix, but thought we at least had Amazon.

I'm running Beta OS2. Can anyone verify that this problem with Amazon streaming does/does not exist with OS1?
    01-18-12 03:36 PM
    I just checked. Crackle streams with no problem for me. Sorry I do not use amazon. Running 1.8 OS.
    01-18-12 03:55 PM
    Last night I discovered I could stream Crackle using the bridge browser. I also used the bridge browser to stream the 2nd half of a movie that I started on Amazon two weeks ago. But I was not able to start any new shows on Amazon through the bridge browser.

The normal browser gives me playback errors on Amazon, and a blank space where the player should be on Crackle. The fact that I'm able to stream Crackle and the 2nd half of an Amazon movie through bridge browser suggests that the Adobe flash player is not dead as I feared, but there may be some unremovable kruft in the cache folder.

Adobe's mobile cache manager seems to operate differently from the desktop cache manager. I opened the browser and went to the Adobe Flash Player Web Storage Settings Panel page. That page was shown for like a nanosecond then it redirected me to the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager page which looks different.

Edit: added screen shots. Apparently the redirect is normal for Mobile Flash.
    Last edited by hubermania; 01-19-12 at 02:54 PM. Reason: add adobe screen shots
    01-19-12 09:13 AM
    Attached are shots of the Amazon Instant Video screen before and after it balks on playback. Most of the Amazon videos I called up would stop at the 27 second mark and popup the Adobe Player error. As you can see from the 3rd screen shot, the connection is fine.

It's a curious thing. Sometimes Amazon streaming will stop after just 3 seconds. If I use the player controls and skip back to the start, it will play to the 27 second mark.
    01-19-12 03:00 PM
    Could this be a payback to Rim for not letting Amazon buy them? Just wondering! I do not stream from Amazon.
    01-19-12 09:02 PM
    Attached are shots of the Amazon Instant Video screen before and after it balks on playback. Most of the Amazon videos I called up would stop at the 27 second mark and popup the Adobe Player error. As you can see from the 3rd screen shot, the connection is fine.

It's a curious thing. Sometimes Amazon streaming will stop after just 3 seconds. If I use the player controls and skip back to the start, it will play to the 27 second mark.
    Hmmm...I just looked at your shots and never seen that message before in the fourth one. The times I got the "sorry could not connect" message were because I was tethering and that is just too slow of a connection. Are you on wifi when having this issue? One thing that did help me was choosing the non HD version of whatever and could hardly tell the difference anyways. So thank God for hotspot now. Just tried Amazon and it was fine for me, am still on 1.8 . For good measure just tried Crackle too and also good.
    01-20-12 05:50 AM
    This is all on Wi-Fi at my home and work. Amazon won't stream for me on 4G or Mobile Hotspot, says something about only available in the US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-12 07:23 AM
    This is all on Wi-Fi at my home and work. Amazon won't stream for me on 4G or Mobile Hotspot, says something about only available in the US.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Weird, so somehow Amazon's servers are perceiving your browser to be outside the US? That's what it sounds like.
    01-20-12 09:20 AM
    I don't suppose ping times and packet loss would be a problem when streaming. I wonder if it could be a hardware issue cropping up with my PB. Laptop stats are fine, and the PB streamed fine until last weekend. Though to be fair, today is the first time I've run pingtest on the PB. PB could have gotten 300ms results from Pingtest all along.

I'm inclined to disregard the Pingtest results, except they would explain quite nicely why Amazon won't stream. The Amazon player does its own test on startup and concludes I have an HD capable connection.

PlayBook on Wi-Fi

versus

Laptop on Wi-Fi
    01-21-12 10:03 AM
    Could this be a payback to Rim for not letting Amazon buy them? Just wondering! I do not stream from Amazon.
    Conspiracy theorist much? Amazon is many things to many people but stupid is definitely not one of them.
    01-21-12 10:08 AM
    I've had problems streaming too, starting this past weekend. At first it was Star Trek Voyager on Amazon, then most everything on Amazon. Tonight I discovered Crackle.com no longer streams at all on my PB. Everything streamed fine on Thursday night.

So far I've tried a Pwr/VolUp/VolDown reset, a few restarts, and numerous browser data clears. My PB has been streaming flawlessly for weeks, now this.

Anybody have other suggestions? I'll try anything, short of shipping it back to RIM!
    1. Backup the BlackBerry PlayBook using BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    2. Perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    3. Set-up the BlackBerry PlayBook using the same BlackBerry ID.
    4.a. Try streaming from Amazon.
    4.b. If successful, re-install via BlackBerry AppWorld all the applications that were on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Restore the data from the backup at this point if streaming worked correctly.
    4.c. If not successful, contact BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support.
    5. Report back to us on the outcome.
    01-21-12 10:27 AM
    I have experienced intermittent issues, but it is not unique to my Playbook at the moment. I am inclined to think they are having some server problems. Here in Scottsdale there also seems to be an issue with fluctuating speeds on Cox's network that appears to be confusing the Amazon streaming application.
    01-21-12 10:45 AM
    @BB9700CA Yesterday I resorted to the security wipe. The ping and bandwidth results above are post-wipe. I get similar bandwidth results from Comcast's speed test on my PB:
    01-21-12 11:19 AM
    I am still having the problem with a specific series- The Sons of Anarchy, Season 1.

...but I tried Lost Season 2, and it plays just fine.

Maybe it is on Amazon's end??
    Sons of Anarchey is one of the best shows on tv today. SAMCRO almost seems like a real motorcycle club. The cast all seem to fit their characters, and the scripts are vey well written. If you liked the Sopranos, you will love this show.
    01-21-12 12:23 PM
    Interesting, I just tried streaming and it still works for me. I am not running any beta OS.
    01-21-12 12:58 PM
    @BB9700CA Yesterday I resorted to the security wipe. The ping and bandwidth results above are post-wipe. I get similar bandwidth results from Comcast's speed test on my PB:
    Click to view quoted image
    Does it work now or still having problems? So after the wipe what happens to your pics and videos? Can you get them back or are they history?
    Last edited by Blkacesvf41; 01-21-12 at 01:14 PM.
    01-21-12 01:11 PM
    Interesting, I just tried streaming and it still works for me. I am not running any beta OS.
    That's why I told huber this is weird because just last nite I watched "Goodfellas" with no problems at all.
    01-21-12 01:17 PM
    i've also noticed this recently...some amazon movies/shows play and some don't. when i switched to my laptop to play one of the videos that wouldn't play on my playbook, i noticed my browser downloaded and installed something right before it played so i'm wondering if there is a new flash plugin or something for the more recent additions to amazons library that we don't have yet on the playbook.
    Last edited by Malachi.2.15; 01-22-12 at 01:01 PM.
    01-22-12 12:59 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD