I am trying to stream a video from Amazon Prime using the BB bridge. I keep getting an error message that says I am outside the US. I am in the US and I do not know why I am getting this message. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
    02-05-12 04:34 PM
    I thought you needed to be connected to WiFi to stream from Amazon.
    02-05-12 05:12 PM
    When using the browser via a bridge connection the data flows from the PB to your phone, from the phone to a RIM server, from the RIM server to the web site, and then back to your PB in the same path. If the RIM server (not your carrier) that is providing the service is in canada then this issue can occur. I have had this happen while traveling and had to break down and use the MIFI for streaming.

EDIT: If the web site service uses a whois type lookup from your reported IP address it will be listed as RIM in Waterloo Ontario Canada when browsing using a bridge connection.
    Last edited by farside33; 02-05-12 at 08:01 PM.
    02-05-12 07:17 PM
    This is true. Tried a few years ago to get a free credit report tethering my BlackBerry to my PC and was told it was only good for US citizens (which I am). When visiting certain websites, it will report my location as Canada, and I live in the Southeastern US.
    02-06-12 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD