I have used my PlayBook for years now to play movies on amazon to my TV and now I get an error that it on works with silver light and Windows and Mac only supports that . Anyone know how to make it work again??

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 11:50 AM
    Okay found the tread that pointed to orgamni browser it works but it doesn't on my online school that requires silverlight. Any ideas??

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:36 PM
    Okay found the tread that pointed to orgamni browser it works but it doesn't on my online school that requires silverlight. Any ideas??

Posted via CB10
    I don't why its working as origami can't run Silverlight either. So it isn't using Silverlight to stream video.
    02-18-14 01:24 PM
    The problem is not with the need for Silverlight. It's the browser you are using. I use it on Simple Browser all of the time with no problems.
    02-19-14 02:42 AM
    I'm wondering if it has to do with the user agent that's selected in Origami? By default the desktop agent is Chrome. Try Firefox or IE to see if that helps with access/playback.
    Celandine likes this.
    02-19-14 07:00 AM
    Amazon tightened up on what platforms will run their Prime, they want to boost the Kindle sales before the holidays, and yes, Simple and origami are the only things left, once they closed down one more avenue, I be cancelling my Prime and go to Netflix.

c
    02-19-14 09:43 AM
    The problem is not with the need for Silverlight. It's the browser you are using. I use it on Simple Browser all of the time with no problems.
    UPDATE... I have verified that you can watch Amazon Prime movies on Simple Browser, Origami, and Fast Browser. The most likely issue with the Default browser is the user agent being blocked as well as requesting Silverlight. Unfortunately you can't change the default browser user agent. Silverlight definitely is not required to view the videos as evidenced by the ability to run them on the other browsers. I wouldn't give up using Prime just because the default browser doesn't work when there are other viable options. The Prime videos work just fine on all the above browsers and probably others (those are the only ones I have to test).
    mh1983 likes this.
    02-20-14 04:19 PM
    I think it is the UA requesting the desktop site. The desktop site still probably runs Silverlight to PC clients. I've run into sites that want me to update Flash when I request the desktop site. But when you uncheck that in Origami, the site runs fine. They must have converted to HTML5 or something. But Netflix still is the problem. No way to get the site to work with the PB.
    02-20-14 06:19 PM