i wonder if amazon.com will have a pre-order sale for the playbook? i check them everyday just in case. i prefer to buy there since in im florida...i get no tax and im a prime customer. free 2-day shipping and no tax. you guys think they are gonna pre-sale???
    03-31-11 06:54 AM
    I am a prime customer and I opt for the $3 overnight delivery any day. I think if Amazon had the PB on order they would be taking pre-orders. But they are not so . . . . .
    03-31-11 07:20 AM
    Amazon is not one of the retailers on the initial list provided by RIM.

while they may eventually get it, they will not likely have it at launch.

http://crackberry.com/rim-announces-...berry-playbook
    03-31-11 07:26 AM
    sux...thats an extra $41.93 in tax i could've saved
    03-31-11 07:44 AM
    yeah I would have pre ordered in a heart beat from amazon if they had it
    03-31-11 07:53 AM
    I think it is a conscious move by RIM to keep amazon out of the race at launch to help other retailers with the pre-launch sales
    03-31-11 10:50 AM
    I live in NY, i get taxed...hate it!
    03-31-11 11:45 AM
    Amazon ships and sells the XOOM so i don't see why they wouldn't get some PlayBooks soon?
    03-31-11 12:34 PM
    i buy everything from amazon. free 2 day shipping. $3.99 p/time next day shipping. no tax. every electronic i owe at home ive bought on amazon. evem my blackberrys. you cannot beat them. their return policy is top notch. the shipping is on time. and prices are hard to beat. im not gonna wait for amazon to get the playbook...i pre-ordered at bestbuy....oh well.
    03-31-11 12:45 PM
    My wife and I ordered a 52" Philips tv from Amazon via a seller earlier this month. They couldn't ship it because it was too big, the seller that is (HPP Enterprises.) I have no clue why they were on the list, but they were. Anyway, it took us many phone calls and 2 and 1/2 weeks to get refunded. $989.36 was in limbo during the time.

I'm glad things work for you, but I will never order anything bigger than a DVD or cd from them again. I've been buying from their sellers for years, since 2001.

Enough. Carry on.
    ive ordered big tv's/sound systems/ps3/wii/xbox/games/wipers/we have a 4 month old son...wife even joined amazon mom club. we ordered medela breast pump/bottles/baby stuff/wipes/etc. amazon.com is the best. the trick is to buy direct from them...not their sellers. you may run into problems like yourself. i only do amazon prime and can only used when you buy direct from amazon.
    03-31-11 01:25 PM
    My wife and I ordered a 52" Philips tv from Amazon via a seller earlier this month. They couldn't ship it because it was too big, the seller that is (HPP Enterprises.) I have no clue why they were on the list, but they were. Anyway, it took us many phone calls and 2 and 1/2 weeks to get refunded. $989.36 was in limbo during the time.

I'm glad things work for you, but I will never order anything bigger than a DVD or cd from them again. I've been buying from their sellers for years, since 2001.

Enough. Carry on.
    Exactly why it is best to order items that are shipped by Amazon not 3rd party sellers on Amazon, especially when it comes to TVs and monitors. Only place I will order a TV from online.
    03-31-11 01:27 PM
    Exactly why it is best to order items that are shipped by Amazon not 3rd party sellers on Amazon, especially when it comes to TVs and monitors. Only place I will order a TV from online.

thats right. ive ordered 3 flat screen tv's from amazon in the last 3 years...not problems what so ever.
    03-31-11 01:30 PM
    thats right. ive ordered 3 flat screen tv's from amazon in the last 3 years...not problems what so ever.
    I ordered a 58" Sammy in Dec. Showed up without a hitch at the lowest price I could find.
    03-31-11 01:35 PM
    Exactly why it is best to order items that are shipped by Amazon not 3rd party sellers on Amazon..
    Exactly, if a 3rd party seller on amazon was selling the PlayBook i would rather just get it from Staples or BB. It should be made clear that when people mention wanting to buy the PlayBook on amazon, we want it sold and shipped by amazon.
    03-31-11 01:38 PM
    if Amazon sold cars...i would buy from them... lol lol lol lol
    03-31-11 01:39 PM
    Amazon will never "have" it, although, all of their sellers are options. Buying from the seller always saves money and 99% of the time that makes sure your property isn't shipped via media mail.
    And how do you know that Amazon will never have it? Please post some facts to back up your statement as I do not think you really know.
    03-31-11 04:41 PM
    My reasoning was that the seller is in the state I live in, so I figured no biggy. Point taken is that I will shop locally for big items. I know they can get it to my house. I live just across the line from Chattanooga, so I can't imagine not being able to get big items locally. This was my wife and mine's first big purchase. Everything else I've ordered from Amazon showed up in my mailbox. If we can't get big stuff in Chattanooga, we agree to go to Atlanta from now on.
    This is your logic? LOL!

You been beating on your drum too long
    03-31-11 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD