Let's think about this. Amazon is trying to find a solution for Playbook users, while RIM is doing nothing. Obviously, this is a Canadian conspiracy against an American company. Those two former co-chairs up North are p'd off because Amazon came out with a $199 7" tablet, and they've sneaked something into one of those OS updates that blocks Amazon Instant streaming. If their dastardly plan succeeds, Amazon will lose millions of dollars due to hoards of irate Playbook owners canceling their Prime memberships. We need to get Obama working on this one before it's too late...
    02-16-12 01:05 AM
    Let's think about this. Amazon is trying to find a solution for Playbook users, while RIM is doing nothing. Obviously, this is a Canadian conspiracy against an American company. Those two former co-chairs up North are p'd off because Amazon came out with a $199 7" tablet, and they've sneaked something into one of those OS updates that blocks Amazon Instant streaming. If their dastardly plan succeeds, Amazon will lose millions of dollars due to hoards of irate Playbook owners canceling their Prime memberships. We need to get Obama working on this one before it's too late...

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    02-16-12 06:37 AM
    Sounds like an update by Adobe will fix this. Lets just hope that comes soon. Maybe in 2.0?
    02-16-12 08:11 AM
    I also am a Prime member...tried streaming old Dr Who first yesterday while sitting in a hospital waiting room and then tried a movie. Bother were blocked. I was able to stream fine last week.
    02-16-12 08:13 AM
    Sounds like an update by Adobe will fix this. Lets just hope that comes soon. Maybe in 2.0?
    Considering Adobe has stopped support and updates for the mobile Flash platform, you might want to hope RIM is able to add Flash DRM support. Which I doubt is coming in this update.
    02-16-12 08:42 AM
    Considering Adobe has stopped support and updates for the mobile Flash platform, you might want to hope RIM is able to add Flash DRM support. Which I doubt is coming in this update.
    They have not stopped "support" of Mobile Flash.
    02-16-12 10:11 AM
    They have not stopped "support" of Mobile Flash.
    Really!?

Adobe confirms Flash Player is dead for mobile devices -- Engadget

If a company wants to continue to Flash in their mobile browser they will have to develop future updates themselves. RIM and Google have already said they would continue developing the platform, but all they will get out of adobe is help with the developing.
    02-16-12 10:28 AM
    I just tried it using my PB DEveloepr preview (2.0.0.7111) and its fine (at least the movie I tried was fine)
    02-16-12 10:29 AM
    I just tried it using my PB DEveloepr preview (2.0.0.7111) and its fine (at least the movie I tried was fine)
    I think people are saying "it's fine, it's fine" without listing the movie or show they actually tried. The working theory now is that shows encrypted with the newer DRM don't work.

If you guys are really trying to understand the problem, maybe this thread should list the exact shows that failed for particular users. Then if someone can show that particular show working on a different version or the released OS2, or a different network, etc., then you have an interesting and useful finding.
    02-16-12 10:40 AM
    video I used to play on my phone (not from Amazon) also needs the updated flash. That's a pain because we know the phones are hard to update. I wish Adobe would issue a fix for BB products. Aren't they supposedly partners? Adobe sucks!
    02-16-12 12:39 PM
    Really!?

Adobe confirms Flash Player is dead for mobile devices -- Engadget

If a company wants to continue to Flash in their mobile browser they will have to develop future updates themselves. RIM and Google have already said they would continue developing the platform, but all they will get out of adobe is help with the developing.
    at "Really?!"

Support and Development are 2 different things. They (Adobe) still say they will support Bug and security fixes. Does that include DRM?! I have no idea... But Adobe said they will still "support" mobile Flash, but cease development.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 02-16-12 at 01:12 PM.
    02-16-12 01:10 PM
    This the response I got from Amazon:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Due to Studio agreements, our videos are now using Adobe's Flash Access (FAX) DRM module. People with non-Windows 7 devices have experienced trouble playing back you needs to complain to Adobe to support FAX/DRM for your Flash plugins.

However, I�ve forwarded your comments to the Amazon Instant Video team for consideration. It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects.

Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide and we're glad you took time to write to us.

We do value the feedback of our customers and make every attempt to integrate their comments or suggestions into our stores and procedures.

As always, please feel free to contact us should you have any suggestions, questions or comments. We have team of experts who takes into consideration each and every feedback of our customers and brings them into practice.

Thanks for your interest in Amazon Instant Video. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=ahebf...bUvbUpU7133506

If no, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=ahebf...bUvbUpU7133506

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,
    chi-town311 likes this.
    02-17-12 04:51 AM
    And some people have no problems in the stock browser. The reason users are seeing random results is because it depends on what the user is streaming. If the video being streamed was encoded before whatever changes were made, it's working just fine. If it's a video that was encoded with the change, that's when the problem kicks in.

If the stream was being actively blocked, the stream would never start to begin with. Or even give you the option to try to view it.

Speculation around the web is that Amazon Prime updated their DRM, and any video encoded with the newest DRM isn't compatible with all versions/builds of Flash.
    Actually I was watching Star Trek Next Gen 1st season went without a hitch half of the second season no problem then it started with the flash error, and even the 1st season didn't work.
    02-20-12 07:43 AM
    I ran into the issue and thought maybe it was just a glitch.
    I could run Ken Burn's Civil War with no issues but as soon as I started to the 2nd part of this season's The Walking Dead it would play thru the first 5 seconds and crash saying that my flash player needed updating.

I haven't tried anything else as of late on amazon but I am hoping with the update we have access to tv shows and movies in a lot of different ways.
    02-20-12 08:22 AM
    I am an Amazon Prime member and I am absolutely furious that I am no longer able to stream content from Amazon Instant Video Streaming.

I am paying for a service that until a few minutes ago, was working perfectly. I just email-mailed Amazon about my complaint and hopefully I get some adequate information to share. This cannot be a hardware issue, nor can it be a software issue as their error message claims.

This is pathetic, nothing more, nothing less.
    02-20-12 02:42 PM
    This the response I got from Amazon:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Due to Studio agreements, our videos are now using Adobe's Flash Access (FAX) DRM module. People with non-Windows 7 devices have experienced trouble playing back you needs to complain to Adobe to support FAX/DRM for your Flash plugins.

However, I�ve forwarded your comments to the Amazon Instant Video team for consideration. It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects.

Your valuable feedback will help us to improve the selection and service we provide and we're glad you took time to write to us.

We do value the feedback of our customers and make every attempt to integrate their comments or suggestions into our stores and procedures.

As always, please feel free to contact us should you have any suggestions, questions or comments. We have team of experts who takes into consideration each and every feedback of our customers and brings them into practice.

Thanks for your interest in Amazon Instant Video. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=ahebf...bUvbUpU7165738

If no, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=ahebf...bUvbUpU7165738

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,
    I got a similar response. I wonder if Adobe will be adding this to their mobile plugins since they stopped development???
    02-23-12 12:06 PM
    Has anybody tried since the latest OS update?
    02-24-12 09:22 PM
    Yes, I have. No go. Doesn't work. Same error message.

Have emailed several times with Amazon and the best I get is "we've escalated to our technical team and will get back to you, also we suck"

I added that last bit.
    02-24-12 10:24 PM
143 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD