I had the same experience....I was dealing with backlight issues. The backlight would flicker on and off. I just checked my status and they have repaired it and I should receive it tomorrow. Super fast service!!!!!
    07-10-12 07:11 PM
    I just thought I would pass along the great RMA experience I had and the dealings I had with RIM.

A couple of weeks ago, the front-facing camera on my PB stopped working and nothing I did was able to get it to work again. I was well beyond the 1 year warranty as I had bought my PB on the first day back in April 2011. I contacted PB support and the representative was very helpful. We went through all the standard procedures I had tried before (hard reset, security wipe, reload the OS) and he agreed it should be sent in. I gave him all my info and the next day I had a Fedex box dropped off for me and I sent it in the same day. They covered all express shipping costs. You can also track the progress of the repair online and they reported the unit repaired within 2 days. It was then shipped express again to me and arrived the next day. Upon opening the box, I realized they just didn't repair my PB but sent me a brand new one.

Overall, I am very happy with the process. Considering I was well beyond the warranty and that I didn't have to pay at all, I couldn't be happier with the whole experience.
    Same thing happened to me 2 months ago. great support!!!
    07-10-12 09:42 PM
    My RMA experience sucked
    Waiting to send my PB to Rim for repair again second time only got it the end of April this year its crap, it�s going on eBay as soon as I get it back, well lesson learn. Waiting for the my Nexus 7 to arrive.

Well, RIM Customer Service RMA'd my playbook to fix the front and rear cameras (which they did), but screwed up the software or hardware so that it wakes to a grey screen on swipe (I have to keep hitting the power button 10 or 15 times to get a good screen, updated the OS twice using DM to no effect.) Then they refused to RMA it again. So RIM screwed my PlayBook and refuses to fix it. RIM Customer Service SUCKS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-13-12 04:44 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD