I just thought I would pass along the great RMA experience I had and the dealings I had with RIM.

A couple of weeks ago, the front-facing camera on my PB stopped working and nothing I did was able to get it to work again. I was well beyond the 1 year warranty as I had bought my PB on the first day back in April 2011. I contacted PB support and the representative was very helpful. We went through all the standard procedures I had tried before (hard reset, security wipe, reload the OS) and he agreed it should be sent in. I gave him all my info and the next day I had a Fedex box dropped off for me and I sent it in the same day. They covered all express shipping costs. You can also track the progress of the repair online and they reported the unit repaired within 2 days. It was then shipped express again to me and arrived the next day. Upon opening the box, I realized they just didn't repair my PB but sent me a brand new one.

Overall, I am very happy with the process. Considering I was well beyond the warranty and that I didn't have to pay at all, I couldn't be happier with the whole experience.
    07-03-12 05:31 PM
    Thanks for posting something positive...my experience with RIM support has been very good, and I'm not easy to please after spending three years in corporate IT support.
    cdelcampo216 and Ben1232 like this.
    07-03-12 05:57 PM
    Likewise I sent a PB back as not powering up and got a new one back within 10 days of first contact to RIM.
    Very happy with the service.
    07-03-12 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the good news post
    07-03-12 07:06 PM
    I called on a Wednesday evening, had the box Thursday and shipped it the same day. Received a fixed PB the next Wednesday over a holiday weekend. 4 business days from the first call. Satisfied customer here.
    07-03-12 07:11 PM
    Thanks, that's good to hear. Mine is at the repair facility as we speak for the same issue. I hope I get the same result as you, a replacement. My battery charge count was about 400. It hasn't changed much over that time, but compared to my wife's PB that I've been using, mine was a real power sucker. I just thought it was normal.

I called them Thursday, shipped it Friday and they received it Monday. I was hoping to see something more today, but it only says they received it... Hope this mid-week holiday doesn't mess things up.
    07-03-12 07:17 PM
    My status is shown as being "repaired" and shipped. I hope they just replaced it.
    07-05-12 03:30 PM
    Just my luck. The camera works now, but it's the same unit. What a bummer. Recharge Count: 397
    07-06-12 04:23 PM
    I had the exact same issue and the resolve was simply splendid. Better than I could have imagined really.
    07-06-12 04:57 PM
    My RMA experience sucked.
    07-06-12 09:31 PM
    I haven't had to RMA a device yet but my dealings have been positive with RIM. They're polite, helpful and call back when they say they will.
    07-07-12 02:40 PM
    Had 3 RMA experiences since i bought my PB in April 2011, and all 3 times I had gotten brand new Playbooks. Just wish the Charging and HDMI ports were more durable as they could very easily become loose. And I sent it in last week for repair because of the loose Charging port, hope I get a brand new one for the fourth time in a row
    07-07-12 10:19 PM
    My RMA experience sucked.
    My RMA experience sucked
    Waiting to send my PB to Rim for repair again second time only got it the end of April this year its crap, it’s going on eBay as soon as I get it back, well lesson learn. Waiting for the my Nexus 7 to arrive.
    Last edited by Haskhim58; 07-07-12 at 11:35 PM.
    07-07-12 11:28 PM
    Refreshing to see more positive posts on something RIM... Even those with less than positive things to report were polite.... Maybe we have a trend
    07-07-12 11:51 PM
    Haskhim I am surprised to hear this as I have never had any problem dealing with them. I have had several different issues and each was resolved satisfactorily. I had an Acer Iconia A 500 and I never could even get through to someone, a human that is. Electronic devices have problems occasionally. My daughter and I have the same model cell phone and hers is freezing up and having screen problems, mine has never had a problem.
    07-08-12 11:35 AM
    Anyone know how to track the RMA status of my Playbook? I sent it in last week, i tracked it and its been delivered and now I want to see how it's doing with the repair.
    Last edited by luqman24; 07-08-12 at 01:32 PM.
    07-08-12 01:29 PM
    Anyone know how to track the RMA status of my Playbook? I sent it in last week, i tracked it and its been delivered and now I want to see how it's doing with the repair.
    They sent me an incident report with a link in it. Should be the same one you tracked the shipment with, if it went to BB's website.
    07-08-12 02:15 PM
    They sent me an incident report with a link in it. Should be the same one you tracked the shipment with, if it went to BB's website.
    No it was on FedEx's website and couldn't find a link that would send me to RIM's website to track the RMA Progress
    07-09-12 02:10 AM
    07-09-12 04:51 AM
    I never could get into Rim's system once it was in the repair process. I called rim, they would reestablish my 90 days (necessary to get into their site), I would log on, I was "not entitled" and could not get in. Called, fixed, NOT. I only got the fedex shipping link and followed that. I wound up with a NEW or very much like new pb (only 6 charges on battery and a new serial number).
    07-09-12 08:46 AM
    Just my luck. The camera works now, but it's the same unit. What a bummer. Recharge Count: 397
    Is there a way for me to find the Recharge Count?
    07-09-12 09:34 AM
    Is there a way for me to find the Recharge Count?
    The Battery Guru app will display that information.
    07-09-12 11:51 AM
    I have a crackling noise in my speakers on occasion. I went to the Blackberry support site, entered my serial number, got the "no free support" message, clicked on the link to find out about incident based support and get a screen with no information. How o I make a claim if I'm still within the 1 year manufacturer's warranty?
    07-10-12 02:21 PM
    Just give them a call and they will help you. I think the free tech support is more for setup issues. If you never used the tech support they will probably start the 90 days from your call. To speed things up, be near a computer or a way to get and respond to email. You have to agree to some terms before you can continue to warranty claim.
    07-10-12 02:26 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    07-10-12 03:20 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD