same here - even as the dev I was as a tab android just annoyed me & I gave up & moved onto the PB! Could not stand the memory leaks across os2, 3 and even 4! Multitasking was a joke - even if you could 'switch' it was via a crappy little icon & still ate god knows how much memory in the process! It was even worse if you decided to be clever & implement a cover flow style system to switch apps within a launcher. But the biggest android bugbear of mine (still is with my phone) is that once you 'close' an app, even if you don't want it anymore, it can still come back & autolaunch. You can dive in, change permissions, stop its autorun, but like a worm it will find a way!

In comparison to both IOS & Android, PB is smart, fast, strong and intuitive. Very user-centred - the bezel use is ingenious imo, as is the swipe to switch & quit aspects.

I love the fact the only time you 'need' a button is to turn it on, and for easy volume control. The rest of the time the UI & gestures does all the work - very future thinking & good to see it extending in BB10
    Last edited by bay1902; 09-25-12 at 02:39 PM.
    09-25-12 02:37 PM
    haha, i got the same problem with Android Tablet. I just got rid off it at the end.
    I didn't get rid of mine both have their pluses and their minuses more often then not I grab my pb the t300 is more for videos or watching movies I just wish there was a 10 inch playbook available I would snap one up quickly and still keep the 7 inch.
    09-25-12 02:45 PM
    same here - even as the dev I was as a tab android just annoyed me & I gave up & moved onto the PB! Could not stand the memory leaks across os2, 3 and even 4! Multitasking was a joke - even if you could 'switch' it was via a crappy little icon & still ate god knows how much memory in the process! It was even worse if you decided to be clever & implement a cover flow style system to switch apps within a launcher. But the biggest android bugbear of mine (still is with my phone) is that once you 'close' an app, even if you don't want it anymore, it can still come back & autolaunch. You can dive in, change permissions, stop its autorun, but like a worm it will find a way!

In comparison to both IOS & Android, PB is smart, fast, strong and intuitive. Very user-centred - the bezel use is ingenious imo, as is the swipe to switch & quit aspects.

I love the fact the only time you 'need' a button is to turn it on, and for easy volume control. The rest of the time the UI & gestures does all the work - very future thinking & good to see it extending in BB10
    I'm not bashing droid but you make some huge points about apps sucking on system memory after you close sure you can go task killer but 2 minutes later its BACK its big flaw imo.
    Droid os has some great potential imo but as of now its just not all that.
    It does have a mass appeal the sales numbers speak for themselves they just have a long way to go. In my own personal opinion just so no one thinks I'm bashing anything
    09-25-12 02:54 PM
    @esk369, that was kind of my point...I used to be an android dev but got fed up with the memory leaks and apps restsrting / need for task killers and battery extenders. I'm not anymore, fully PB and proud now (well except my phone is android).

I'm nlt bashing at all, but giving an opinion based on both use of all 3 major makes, along wih dev experience. I've said it before I love the fact that with pb you don't need to root, tinker, use bsttery savers, memory managers just to get great effective and intuitve performance. whilst android and ios are well updated it does not take away what RIM have achieved with the pb experience, and what they fail to replicate.

this is the only tme I've not had to tinker with the os to do what u want, and with everything else, despite the os delays, I'm a very happy bunny on pb!
    09-25-12 04:47 PM
    Hey,

I thought I would comment in this, last year I got the ipad 2. I thought it was the best thing ever, last month I bought a 32 gb playbook and have been using it since. I have not touched the ipad in over two months.

So today, I decided to update the ipad and see what the new on ios 6 is about.

Well I kept trying to swipe from the sides trying to switch screens thinking I was on the playbook. I think the playbook has the best user interface, and if more people gave it a chance it would take off like nothing.

Pressing the home button on the ipad became annoying, swiping is so much easier, faster and fun.
    absolute gem of a tablet, camera is stunning, fast as , great screen, no crashes, excellent battery life and wifi, stonking interface. Only one problem - I don't understand is why don't all existing Blackberry apps work on a PB? If everything could run on it, Blackberry would have a serious foothold in the tablet market.
    09-25-12 07:03 PM
    @esk369, that was kind of my point...I used to be an android dev but got fed up with the memory leaks and apps restsrting / need for task killers and battery extenders. I'm not anymore, fully PB and proud now (well except my phone is android).

I'm nlt bashing at all, but giving an opinion based on both use of all 3 major makes, along wih dev experience. I've said it before I love the fact that with pb you don't need to root, tinker, use bsttery savers, memory managers just to get great effective and intuitve performance. whilst android and ios are well updated it does not take away what RIM have achieved with the pb experience, and what they fail to replicate.

this is the only tme I've not had to tinker with the os to do what u want, and with everything else, despite the os delays, I'm a very happy bunny on pb!
    It wasn't my intention to imply that you were bashing just echoing your sentiments I respect your opinion and the shared frustration at certain aspects of droid os its all good.
    Sorry if I came across as you bashing or if you took what I said the wrong way.
    And as yourself the pb is mostly my os/tablet of choice.
    Last edited by esk369; 09-25-12 at 07:11 PM.
    09-25-12 07:08 PM
    A little off topic, but as long as you are comparing the iPad UI to the playbook UI I thought I would remind you of the iSheep thoughts on the iProduct. They will buy Apple because it's Apple. That's it, nothing else matters. Some people will never get it.

And there no BBsheep out there?

I happen to like my BB devices for work and my iDevices for play. I do take my playbook with me most places for two reasons. Replacement cost if lost or stolen and size.

I love some of the things apple brings to the table such as music match, Airplay and sending almost anything up onto my 52" screen on the fly over the wifi using my apple tv.

Most people I know have iDevices for what they can do not because they are Apple. Most of these people have work BBs as well.
    09-25-12 07:37 PM
    @esk369 - no probs mate!
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 05:52 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD