Hey,

I thought I would comment in this, last year I got the ipad 2. I thought it was the best thing ever, last month I bought a 32 gb playbook and have been using it since. I have not touched the ipad in over two months.

So today, I decided to update the ipad and see what the new on ios 6 is about.

Well I kept trying to swipe from the sides trying to switch screens thinking I was on the playbook. I think the playbook has the best user interface, and if more people gave it a chance it would take off like nothing.

Pressing the home button on the ipad became annoying, swiping is so much easier, faster and fun.
    09-24-12 10:40 PM
    You could enable gestures on the ipad, which require multiple fingers to action, it is a bit strange and not as fluid as the PlayBook. Besides, the multitasking is very limited in the ipad.
    09-24-12 10:46 PM
    Agreed. The PlayBook has the most intuitive interface. Flick to close apps is simply awesome.
    esk369, kbz1960 and bldshd like this.
    09-24-12 10:47 PM
    Hey,

I thought I would comment in this, last year I got the ipad 2. I thought it was the best thing ever, last month I bought a 32 gb playbook and have been using it since. I have not touched the ipad in over two months.

Well I kept trying to swipe from the sides trying to switch screens thinking I was on the playbook. I think the playbook has the best user interface, and if more people gave it a chance it would take off like nothing.

Pressing the home button on the ipad became annoying, swiping is so much easier, faster and fun.
    That's a great thing I do the same thing when I'm using my t300 with the swiping lol.
    Do you use the pb exclusively now?
    09-24-12 10:47 PM

Ha ha. I do that all the time at the store when I look at other tablets.

I try to swipe back and forth and ........nothing. I try to swipe to get the tablet to turn on.......nothing. Oh right, it's not a playbook, then I have to fumble looking for the power button. Silly.

I can never use another interface again as long as this type of swiping back and forth interface exists on a device that is up to date. (In other words, I Live by the Swipe and Die by the Swipe)
    Last edited by andrew4life; 09-24-12 at 10:56 PM.
    09-24-12 10:48 PM
    I had problems using all electronic devices after the PlayBook for almost a month... Laptops, my 9780... Even the 40' tv...
    esk369 and anon(4021844) like this.
    09-24-12 10:49 PM
    I like both my tabs but I have to say the pb is very simple and smooth and I like the smaller form factor for running around with.
    09-24-12 10:50 PM
    You could enable gestures on the ipad, which require multiple fingers to action, it is a bit strange and not as fluid as the PlayBook. Besides, the multitasking is very limited in the ipad.
    With the t300 you can do multi finger swipes with the touch pad on the keyboard dock its very sketchy don't use it that much.
    09-24-12 10:56 PM
    I haven't stopped using this since I got it, the UI is just amazing and the size is perfect.
    09-24-12 11:00 PM
    If they put an insane processor in it and more ram it would destroy the competition.
    bldshd likes this.
    09-24-12 11:01 PM
    If they put an insane processor in it and more ram it would destroy the competition.
    The hardware and the OS is already great. They needed and still need apps.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-24-12 11:15 PM
    I don't care about apps, people are always raving more apps more apps... The average person wouldn't even be able to list 20 apps from the top of their head.
    09-24-12 11:27 PM
    I agree. There are still some points in time where it lags a bit in the browser. (The browser is quite new so improvements can be made, and hopefully by BB10, the browser is completely optimized)
    Even some games it will lag, and don't get me started on the Messages app. Partially due to the network but with 6 email accounts, linkedin, facebook, and twitter loaded into my messages app, it is quite slow. Twitter being the slowest.

The hardware and the OS is already great. They needed and still need apps.
    It is, but it can be better.
    Apps I'm indifferent to because more apps would be great, but it has to be quality apps. Android and iOS has many apps but many are duplicates, low quality, or useless.
    09-24-12 11:31 PM
    I agree. There are still some points in time where it lags a bit in the browser. (The browser is quite new so improvements can be made, and hopefully by BB10, the browser is completely optimized)
    Even some games it will lag, and don't get me started on the Messages app. Partially due to the network but with 6 email accounts, linkedin, facebook, and twitter loaded into my messages app, it is quite slow. Twitter being the slowest.

It is, but it can be better.
    Apps I'm indifferent to because more apps would be great, but it has to be quality apps. Android and iOS has many apps but many are duplicates, low quality, or useless.
    Yep, very well said
    09-24-12 11:41 PM

You got that right!

When I go browsing (actually I'm secretly laughing hysterically inside at the inferior tablets) in BestBuy, I always struggle. How to wake them, searching for the physical buttons when I've changed from portrait to landscape. Hmm, which way did I turn it--oh there it is on the left.

I mean, come on! Shouldn't the bottom be the bottom no matter which way you hold it!

I would like some more gestures or something; that would allow me to get back to the top of a Web Page, like pressing T on my 9900's keypad. Of course I'm really into keyboard shortcuts. B, T, G, in the browser. B, N, M, etc. On the home screen.

And the handiest home screen shortcut -- the S (universal Search).

Okay, here's an odd idea. How about allowing the virtual keyboard to send shortcuts to the browser?
    09-25-12 02:06 AM
    My biggest problem when using an idevice is the simple art of closing and exiting an app. If I am completely done with an app I don't want to have it running on the background. Why must I push the home button, then push it 2 more times to find and close an app? With my PB a simple swipe up and flick means closed app. To me that's a great ui.
    09-25-12 08:20 AM
    Hey,

A little off topic, but as long as you are comparing the iPad UI to the playbook UI I thought I would remind you of the iSheep thoughts on the iProduct. They will buy Apple because it's Apple. That's it, nothing else matters. Some people will never get it.

09-25-12 09:35 AM
    Yep the UI is fantastic! I know other platforms have swiping but it isn't done well when you have to remember to do this I need 3 fingers and have to swipe up to do this other action I need 4 fingers to dance on the screen to the tango. Please.
    09-25-12 11:12 AM
    I find after using an android player app, I keep trying to do the corner flick to go back on native apps. I wish that particular gesture would roll through.

also, I find myself frequently fumbling with my wifes iphone - the lack of multitasking and gestures is astonishing once you're used to the playbook ui.
    09-25-12 01:36 PM
    I wouldn't say the PB has an intuitive interface, but it is by far better than any other tablet, and it's hard to shake the habit of swipe gestures. My girlfriend's Nexus 7 has some games I can't get on the PlayBook, but I always feel like my hands are tied when I'm using it.
    09-25-12 01:43 PM
    Agreed. The PlayBook has the most intuitive interface. Flick to close apps is simply awesome.
    i agree pb got an intuitive interface, but i dont really agree with the close app part. tablet shouldn't be like a desktop where you need to remember to close your app to save memory. something like android would be better so u dont need to worry bout it. not saying android way is perfect, but at least i dont have to worry about closing app.
    09-25-12 02:03 PM
    With Android you get a mess of open/recently used apps that takes a while to sort through to find what you want. It ends up being faster to just go back to the app dock and find the app there.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-25-12 02:14 PM
    I try to get the picture. So BB10 will bring QNX (our Playbook OS) to the BB phones, including some of the gestures we know, and add more flow into the operation? Is it this?

The videos I saw first time today look very promising - and I agree with the musltitasking and end-of-app issues on other plattforms. Thats very well designed in PB and BB10. You CAN mustitask, you CAN also end an app or you CAN stop caring about it.

Easy, but still in our control. Interesting

Ray
    esk369 and masqueofhastur like this.
    09-25-12 02:26 PM
    Hey,

haha, i got the same problem with Android Tablet. I just got rid off it at the end.
    09-25-12 02:29 PM
    How about true multitasking in my limited experience with other tablets my t300 included. The playbooks multitasking is dare I say at least in my own opinion head and shoulders above the competition. I just can't do it on my other tab I can pull up a list of apps I had running but nothing like the pb in showcase mode where the program is still running. and have the ability to switch seamlessly between multiple programs with out skipping a beat
    Last edited by esk369; 09-25-12 at 03:31 PM.
    09-25-12 02:35 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD