You're not the only one, I guarantee that! Lol. I see your point. If you do a search for threads like this you will have a ton of results. So, no, it's not just you by any means.

I'm just trying to give you possible solutions so you will stay on CrackBerry and enjoy it more. That's all.

Good luck.
    LOL I aint going anywhere. I love CrackBerry, even if people complain. It's the only forum I ever post on.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-14-12 08:42 AM
    Tired of people whining about lack of apps? Apps are cool and all, but this awesome tablet does fine on its own without all those fancy apps. I say from now on when someone says they are going to stop using a Playbook because of lack of apps, we start telling them how it is. That they are not worthy of this awesomeness, and good riddance.

My new motto is F Apps. Might torque off some developers but oh well.
    Do you know why you see so many of these threads? Because there is a huge demand for it (apps). "Just use the browser". Browsing is not enjoyable on a 7" screen. A lot of sites are not designed for a 7" tablet. You have to zoom in and out constantly to select links, menus are problematic, scripts bog down the browser, videos may not work (espn.com).

Apps on the other hand, are designed for tablets. They work as intended and make use of the tablet's greatest feature, "touch". I can't say the same for browsers. There is an overwhelming desire by owners for more apps on the PB. If you don't see that then it's you who have the problem. Tablets = apps, tablets =/= browser.
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-14-12 09:02 AM
    I like your avatar by the way! Just saw it.
    06-14-12 09:02 AM
    Tired of people whining about lack of apps? Apps are cool and all, but this awesome tablet does fine on its own without all those fancy apps. I say from now on when someone says they are going to stop using a Playbook because of lack of apps, we start telling them how it is. That they are not worthy of this awesomeness, and good riddance.

And now your whining and you are not typical. Otherwise no one would own an IPhone.

Tim.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    06-14-12 09:08 AM
    I have had my Playbook for about 4 months now and also have a iPad 1 and just picked up a iPad 2 for $ 359.00 at Microcenter and as much as the Playbook feels great in my hand I am disappointed in the browser which seems to want to hang up almost all of the time. I can overlook the lack of apps but the browser is seriously lacking, I have resorted to turning off flash support and Java. Anyhow I shall keep my Playbook as it has become my leave in the car device for occasions when I'm out and about. p.s. should anyone have any suggestions regarding the sorry browser performance please feel free to comment. Regards........Ed
    06-14-12 09:16 AM
    I have stopped using my playbook because of lack of apps.
    06-14-12 11:12 AM
    On the one hand I really hope that apps like Skype will come to the pb (and BB10) and that existing apps (like Evernote) work better. But on the other hand on a tablet I don't use as much apps as on my phone. Especially with the 2.x update I'm verry happy with my pb
    06-14-12 01:02 PM
    I'm very happy with my PB and use it to assist me at work. There are plenty of APPS for that. I do understand the perspective of those wanting a tablet to replace their laptop entirely and do everything on the go, but no tablet is ready for that yet. I chose Blackberry because of the security and reliability in professional environments. Sure, more Apps would be good, but I simply don’t have a need to collect programs that may or may not be used on a daily basis. If you look on the official Blackberry website and navigate to the business portion, you’ll see a magnitude of opportunities that can assist the average businessman or woman in their endeavors. For those that want to use a tablet as a recreational use, you also have a point in comparing other providers. But it is what it is and will continue to improve over time, just like all the other corporations. I’m happy with what Blackberry provides me in the business world and look forward to seeing what’s in the future.
    Lenny
    06-14-12 01:40 PM
    I'm very happy with my PB and use it to assist me at work. There are plenty of APPS for that. I do understand the perspective of those wanting a tablet to replace their laptop entirely and do everything on the go, but no tablet is ready for that yet. I chose Blackberry because of the security and reliability in professional environments. Sure, more Apps would be good, but I simply don�t have a need to collect programs that may or may not be used on a daily basis. If you look on the official Blackberry website and navigate to the business portion, you�ll see a magnitude of opportunities that can assist the average businessman or woman in their endeavors. For those that want to use a tablet as a recreational use, you also have a point in comparing other providers. But it is what it is and will continue to improve over time, just like all the other corporations. I�m happy with what Blackberry provides me in the business world and look forward to seeing what�s in the future.
    Lenny
    06-14-12 01:41 PM
    Do you know why you see so many of these threads? Because there is a huge demand for it (apps). "Just use the browser". Browsing is not enjoyable on a 7" screen. A lot of sites are not designed for a 7" tablet. You have to zoom in and out constantly to select links, menus are problematic, scripts bog down the browser, videos may not work (espn.com).

Apps on the other hand, are designed for tablets. They work as intended and make use of the tablet's greatest feature, "touch". I can't say the same for browsers. There is an overwhelming desire by owners for more apps on the PB. If you don't see that then it's you who have the problem. Tablets = apps, tablets =/= browser.
    Really? Guess that's a matter of opinion, cause my browser is awesome and works just fine on my 7" screen. And like I've already said programs (apps, whatever you call them) are needed but if you can use the native functionality why complain about apps, just use the functionality that is built in to your tablet. Honestly its not like most of the people complaining couldn't have avoided their buyers remorse just by investigating the tablet they were planning on buying. The app situation has been well known and it's pretty stupid, IMHO, to throw that kind of money at something that you don't even know for sure will do what you want it to, even stupider to come here and think most of us care that they are going to stop using their Playbook because it lacks apps, or won't fly them to the moon, or can't cook Brussels sprouts right or whatever other uninteresting drivel they use to justify their own uninformed purchase. I personally like an earlier suggestion, if you want an app but it's not there, learn to code and code it for yourself, and feel free to share. Or find some way to use native functionality. For inspiration see PaulDrivers thread "Got irritated, wrote a media server for my PB". Which, for anyone interested in great way to stream audio/video to your Playbook without an app, using the native browsers functionality. Way better solution than say using Orb.
    06-14-12 03:24 PM
    Since canvas came out, there is not much else i need and I use mine for everything. Business all day, finances, workouts, games, yakity yak yak. My question is when will this argument of lack of apps stop being relevant? At a certain # or certain apps available?
    06-14-12 05:01 PM
    Honesty there are only a handful of apps that I use on a daily basis and most of the others are useless to me. I have never found applications to be the most important thing on any device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    christenmartin likes this.
    06-14-12 05:04 PM
    Honesty there are only a handful of apps that I use on a daily basis and most of the others are useless to me. I have never found applications to be the most important thing on any device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. I find i down load an app, play around with it for a couple of days, and then delete it or never use it again.
    06-14-12 05:27 PM

you are not the only one. i am tired too.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    06-14-12 06:31 PM
    I like your avatar by the way! Just saw it.
    Thanks those were some giant blackberries from the exit of theater 5 at the Valley 6 Drive-In in Auburn, WA where I am from.
    06-15-12 12:14 AM
    I usually avoid threads with titles like this, because I have an overwhelming urge to post and just say "Yes you are" Is that cruel?
    06-15-12 04:43 AM
    Nice to see Swamp Critter is alive and well.
    06-15-12 06:09 AM
    Tired of people whining about lack of apps?
    Stop whining about people whining.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    06-15-12 08:27 AM
    Why are there too many of the same thread. F apps is simply trying to justify the lack of apps situation. I'd say if you're going to F apps, then might as well just F tablets at the same time, or all PCs for that matter.

You're getting these devices to make things easier, if you can get away without apps on all counts, yes you can probably F apps and be happy. The truth is, you can't replace good apps without apps, and it is very well reflected in overal sales/marketshare of each platform.
    06-15-12 08:35 AM
    The truth is, you can't replace good apps without apps, and it is very well reflected in overal sales/marketshare of each platform.
    I think poor marketing, ignorance and the beat down in the press are the biggest reasons for lack luster PB sales. I have nothing to back that up, just my feeling.

The general public doesn't know how many apps the PB has. They don't know what a PB is. Everyone knows what an ipad is.
    06-15-12 08:52 AM
    Regardless of YOU feel about apps, the reality is that good quality apps add functionality to a tablet or phone and that is exactly what will determine RIM's future with BB10. So if you wanna "F apps", go ahead and say goodbye to BB10 and RIM. There is a very good reason RIM is holding these Blackberry Jam Sessions around the world, I think they finally get it.
    06-15-12 03:33 PM
    I think poor marketing, ignorance and the beat down in the press are the biggest reasons for lack luster PB sales. I have nothing to back that up, just my feeling.

The general public doesn't know how many apps the PB has. They don't know what a PB is. Everyone knows what an ipad is.
    Poor marketing and ignorances are RIM's part. Beat down from press (there's not really much about them from press IMO) are probably based on objective reviews, largely defined by software availability for the given platform.

I'd say the biggest problem is the Android player flop (I'd call it a flop, as I could never get this thing to run reliably for more than a day, besides the big compatibility issues) and the wifi issue I and many have with WPA2 enterprise (does work, but frequently disconnects without being able to reconnect).

I used to carry my PB to my friends places, and relatives, basically everywhere I go. Many had experienced and like its hardware a lot, but once it came down to software availability, they all realized it wasn't for them. At this rate, hate to say this, PB has no future unless something radical happens.
    06-15-12 03:45 PM
    Regardless of YOU feel about apps, the reality is that good quality apps add functionality to a tablet or phone and that is exactly what will determine RIM's future with BB10. So if you wanna "F apps", go ahead and say goodbye to BB10 and RIM. There is a very good reason RIM is holding these Blackberry Jam Sessions around the world, I think they finally get it.
    If you'd notice I made another post admitting the need for apps for things, just not things that can be done natively, with what the Playbook comes with. People complaining about not having apps to do things they can do through the browser etc....so F Extraneous Apps, if you prefer. Adding functionality is great and necessary but it has great functionality as it is.
    06-15-12 03:49 PM
    Im tired as well of folks saying lack of apps. I did some research and found a thread on this forum asking folks what apps they wanted. Surprise only 77 responses. Surprise looking at the apps available some have been completed. Instead of saying lack of apps try saying what you want in the right place and what apps you want.
    06-15-12 04:00 PM
    Can't you just online to trip advisor? Do you need the app? I don't know I am just asking
    06-15-12 04:13 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD