Tired of people whining about lack of apps? Apps are cool and all, but this awesome tablet does fine on its own without all those fancy apps. I say from now on when someone says they are going to stop using a Playbook because of lack of apps, we start telling them how it is. That they are not worthy of this awesomeness, and good riddance.

My new motto is F Apps. Might torque off some developers but oh well.
    crazeee4u, zma15, mzceetee and 1 others like this.
    06-14-12 12:39 AM
    While my language might not be as colorful, I do agree it's becoming a very old and worn out whine.
    mzceetee, bbmtna and Willard814 like this.
    06-14-12 12:45 AM
    Tired of the whining people.. Agreed...

More apps than before yes... But is is still skimpy but has been gaining and probably will be more quality apps coming out soon..

All I can say is if we want an app.. Do something about it... Devs that have playbooks please launch your apps and if it is a quality app that I'm interested in, you have my green..

Non devs like me email the company/dev on the apps you like and ask "nicely" to port it over because we want it. My last one was for cut the rope experiment and they even-mailed me back saying they are working on it. Made me happy, so I'll Now wait till it arrives.

Let's not make excuses, go do and be bold
    06-14-12 12:53 AM
    I needed to get a few things done that werent on playbook so i learnt and made my own apps. If theres something u dont like.. do something about it :PP
    06-14-12 12:58 AM
    Hey Swap! Good to see you posting again.. Welcome back..

As for Apps, I only get what is useful to me... And there are some good apps out there. Yes, I'm tired of all the game apps and feel we need some good productive apps to use in the working world..... BUT... I'm not whinning!
    Stewartj1 and Willard814 like this.
    06-14-12 01:09 AM
    Right, because we all have the skills to whip up a proper PDF reader.
    I needed to get a few things done that werent on playbook so i learnt and made my own apps. If theres something u dont like.. do something about it :PP
    Would like to learn but my job makes me computer coding illiterate. I can use the finished product but can't make it myself . I want to learn but am not comfortable.

Non devs like me email the company/dev on the apps you like and ask "nicely" to port it over because we want it. My last one was for cut the rope experiment and they even-mailed me back saying they are working on it. Made me happy, so I'll Now wait till it arrives.

Let's not make excuses, go do and be bold
    I emailed HareBrained Schemes yesterday, they got 1.8 mill off kickstart (were only shooting for 400,000) to make Shadowrun Returns for PCs and tablets, and they are so far only developing it for everything else but Playbook (maybe not everything, but close). Haven't gotten a response yet, hoping other people will email them too, would be a great game to have.

And I'm always here Jafo just don't always have something to say

"I'm the immovable object that dwells up in your project" - Grym Reaper
    jafobabe likes this.
    06-14-12 01:31 AM
    Weird, my PB has lots of apps. Still more I have yet to download.
    06-14-12 01:36 AM
    If there are no apps, there is nothing to do on the PlayBook. Why are other tablets so popular and sell well, hmmm.... Hold on, wait a sec, I think I'm onto something here...
    06-14-12 04:14 AM
    If there are no apps, there is nothing to do on the PlayBook. Why are other tablets so popular and sell well, hmmm.... Hold on, wait a sec, I think I'm onto something here...
    Well obviously you need some things like browsers, mail clients, file browsers etc...my point is if it can be done without an app specifically for it, say if I used twitter or Facebook (I don't, by the way) if I could do it in the browser then why would I want or need a stupid app to do it. My tablet is not crippled because it lacks certain apps. It's great, because of what it can do without extra apps. Anything that needs an app because it's not part of its native functionality I will still use apps for, of course. But anything I can do with what it came with, I will pick native functionality over an app any day of the week.

I just got my first infraction! Worth 20 points! LOL! Because I'm so tired of seeing Playbook is great but what about apps? type threads whenever I check out the forums that I couldn't really stop myself I flamed sackharry and told him good riddance, called him a troll and told him to get over himself and get the (insert first letter of expletive here) on. Just so frustrating, I come here to read about bb and pb and don't really care if other people are going to another tablet. Good riddance to them and let's all enjoy our Playbooks!
    Willard814, crazeee4u and polytope like this.
    06-14-12 04:43 AM
    I emailed myself a copy of a work project plan , even though I opened cut the rope, angry birds AND let's golf 2, I still couldn't work with it?
    Hopefully EA's next offering will support MS Project?
    06-14-12 05:04 AM
    careful, you might wake up the skypers who for the life of me, i can't figure out. You have skype for PC, laptops, netbooks, SOME cell phones and yet, now people want to be lazier and demand skype for the PB. I bet, 1/5 of the people crying for skype won't even use skype on the PB, they just want to complain it's not there.

The whole point of making the PB with a great web browser is that it shows off that you don't need apps, but certain fruit and robot companies have conditioned everyone into thinking they NEED apps because those platforms are inefficient of a full experience and now everyone thinks they need apps to do simple tasks.

Apps should NOT make or break a company, and I know that skype and a few other big apps are coming by the end of summer if not sooner. But people that are saying they won't buy because it doesn't have skype or whatever, is just using that as an excuse to say they don't think the PB is made for them.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-14-12 07:31 AM
    There are a few apps I had on Android that I want on BlackBerry :

Happy Cow
    Hurricane Hub
    Trip Advisor
    06-14-12 07:37 AM
    I say from now on when someone says they are going to stop using a Playbook because of lack of apps, we start telling them how it is. That they are not worthy of this awesomeness, and good riddance.
    If you get sick of people complaining about the same things in the PlayBook forum, I suggest you stop visiting it. Take a break, grab a coffee, etc.

There are weekly Netflix, Skype, Apps, and PlayBook 2 threads. You also get the occasional poster flaming where he wants a certain app, and another person says use the browser, then more pointless drivel back in forth, with both members leaving less knowledgeable than they had coming in.
    jivegirl14 and Willard814 like this.
    06-14-12 07:42 AM
    If you get sick of people complaining about the same things in the PlayBook forum, I suggest you stop visiting it. Take a break, grab a coffee, etc.

There are weekly Netflix, Skype, Apps, and PlayBook 2 threads. You also get the occasional poster flaming where he wants a certain app, and another person says use the browser, then more pointless drivel back in forth, with both members leaving less knowledgeable than they had coming in.
    Why should I have to give up visiting the forums? Like I just pointed out to someone on another thread, the lack of apps and other issues that are regularly complained about are well known and a little investigation before making a purchase like this will keep people from suffering the buyers remorse that compels them to regularly stop in and complain in their own brand new threads instead of finding threads that already deal with their complaint and discussing it there. It clutters up the forums, and is also just plain annoying.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-14-12 07:59 AM
    You don't have to give up visiting the forums. But you don't have to click and read EVERY SINGLE thread.

Skip the ones that annoy you, read the ones you need. Makes forum life more enjoyable.

If a thread says, "Lack of apps sucks" then don't read or reply to it. Why would you? However, if someone has a PlayBook and they feel this way, they have a right to post about it. Obviously others agree because it is a popular topic.

There are SO MANY other great threads, convos and tips going on that letting yourself get frustrated over threads you don't like is not worth it.

CrackBerry is the best forum for BlackBerry.
    06-14-12 08:03 AM
    Exactly! While I agree that lotta apps out there are absolute garbage and thus useless, the PlayBook sales would really take off if it were up to par with other tablets as far as those really popular apps that the masses want.
    06-14-12 08:06 AM
    Also, OP, it is bad form to start a thread to complain about threads.
    06-14-12 08:08 AM
    You don't have to give up visiting the forums. But you don't have to click and read EVERY SINGLE thread.

Skip the ones that annoy you, read the ones you need. Makes forum life more enjoyable.

If a thread says, "Lack of apps sucks" then don't read or reply to it. Why would you? However, if someone has a PlayBook and they feel this way, they have a right to post about it. Obviously others agree because it is a popular topic.

There are SO MANY other great threads, convos and tips going on that letting yourself get frustrated over threads you don't like is not worth it.

CrackBerry is the best forum for BlackBerry.
    what I'm saying is its annoying to see new threads saying the same thing constantly cluttering up the forums. If it was the same thread with a new post that's been bumped up that's not so bad because if I go manually searching through all the posts for a certain piece of info I might not have found using search because I didn't know how to properly word the search its not cluttering up the later pages.

And I rarely ever read them beyond the first post if I do click on them, but really don't click on them that often. It's constantly seeing the new ones pop up that I'm finding so annoying.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-14-12 08:14 AM
    Also, OP, it is bad form to start a thread to complain about threads.
    Bad form or no, I'm just saying whats on some, possibly even a lot, of our minds.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-14-12 08:16 AM
    That is nothing new. It's been the same since 2008. There will always be multiple threads, people complaining, etc. That is on every forum.

However, you are focusing on the bad and not the wealth of information that can be found here, the awesome people who leave tips and the hundreds of threads that are useful.

Do what you have to do. Leave CrackBerry, take a break, skip threads. But I'm telling you, you are just banging your head against the wall if you think people will not express dissatisfaction or make multiple threads.

There is a report button alert mods to any issues too. Use it. This thread for example is adding to the forum clutter in my opinion. I won't report it but it isn't helpful to the forum to make a thread complaining about other threads.

Just ignore what you don't need and engage in threads you like or can help in. It's not that hard.

Letting an online forum get to you isn't productive. I'm sure you have more important things to put your energy towards than trying to police a forum. I assure you, CrackBerry is the same as it always has been.
    kennyliu and rcm1301 like this.
    06-14-12 08:19 AM
    As well, you have broken a few forum rules by having a signature that is too long and not using a descriptive title in your thread. Not trying to be a , but pointing out that no one is perfect.
    06-14-12 08:23 AM
    As well, you have broken a few forum rules by having a signature that is too long and not using a descriptive title in your thread. Not trying to be a , but pointing out that no one is perfect.
    No one is perfect. That's inherent and doesn't even need to be stated. And I'm pretty new to forum posting, usually just surf around for interesting tidbits and don't really have much to say very often, so sorry about the lack of a descriptive title, I'll make sure to remember that next time. Was just looking for like minded people in a forum that has generally been full of like minded people since I joined in 2009. Had a feeling maybe I wasn't the only one who felt this way and went with it.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-14-12 08:32 AM
    You're not the only one, I guarantee that! Lol. I see your point. If you do a search for threads like this you will have a ton of results. So, no, it's not just you by any means.

I'm just trying to give you possible solutions so you will stay on CrackBerry and enjoy it more. That's all.

Good luck.
    06-14-12 08:37 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD