First let me say that I don't mean to rub salt into the wounds of those who've had or are having problems.

I bought my first PB, a 64GB on April 22nd and didn't have a single problem with hardware or software. Then on July 8th I returned it to Best Buy due to something they caused. I took the next week to check out the other tablets including the iPad. I was not impressed with any of them so I bought a 32GB PB on July 14th and again no problems. In just two days I used almost half the storage and decided to exchange it for a 64GB which I did on July 16th and still no problems.

Then on July 19th I received an email from Staples with a coupon for $100 off most tablets. I called Best Buy and explained the situation asking them if there was anything they can do. The girl in consumer relations told me that I could get a price match guarantee credit. The store didn't agree. So on July 22nd I bought a 64GB at Staples and returned the third one to Best Buy.

So here it is July 26th and I'm on my 4th PB and I haven't had any of the problems that I read about here on a daily basis.

I have to stop and wonder how many of the problems we read about are actually a product defect or caused by the user.

A few days ago we read about the leaked Android player and now we read thread after thread with issues from installing something that's not ready for everyday use.

It reminds me of people I work with who know very little about computers and have an older one but keep installing software after software and when it crashes because they don't have enough RAM or their hard drive drags from being loaded to capacity and has never been defraged they moan and groan and blame the company.

I for one am very happy with my PlayBook and I'm content on waiting for software when it's ready for use
    07-26-11 11:53 AM
    Same here my friend!
    07-26-11 11:57 AM
    Any PB owner is lucky. As with anything you only hear about the horror stories. Satisfied people have nothing to gripe about.
    07-26-11 11:58 AM
    you may be 'lucky', but you are on your 4th unit, and the returns hurt the bottom line.

Returns count as returns regardless.
    Ill take the pessimistic side here, and remind you that #1 did have issues, thats why you took it back.

edit: and also remember you that you did not disclose the issue. just 'they caused it'
    07-26-11 12:12 PM
    I took a leap of faith, bought this baby in a grey market in Thailand. No trouble!
    PS. I love you.... PB.
    Sister and mother now have PlayBooks. No problem'os
    07-26-11 12:33 PM
    you may be 'lucky', but you are on your 4th unit, and the returns hurt the bottom line.

Returns count as returns regardless.
    Ill take the pessimistic side here, and remind you that #1 did have issues, thats why you took it back.
    edit: and also remember you that you did not disclose the issue. just 'they caused it'
    I don't think returning a PB to Best Buy that isn't going back to RIM effects RIM's bottom line.

I had Best Buy install a Zagg invisible shield and they pulled the gasket up that's between the frame and glass next to the left speaker. Since it wasn't like that when I brought it to them they took it back.

I don't consider that a manufacturing defect, but user (Best Buy) error.
    Last edited by EdS817; 07-26-11 at 01:14 PM.
    07-26-11 01:11 PM
    People will always complain, no matter how great a product is. It's like supply and demand, someone can demand the world but can only be supplied what is actually plausible. Demand is infinite as compared to supply that is finite.
    07-26-11 01:27 PM
    My PB64 arrived by FedEx the day after release. Ordered from Staples online. Nothing but joy to report. The device works as promised. Does what I need. The wife is considering one for herself. We shall see...

In any event I recommend the PB to one and all interested in a tablet these days. May not be perfect as a device but sure is far ahead of the competition for portability and the functions I need.
    07-26-11 01:31 PM
    Bought a 16GB at Staples on April 20th. Never had a problem. I'm just waiting for the promised updates.
    07-26-11 01:46 PM
    Probably user error. I take calls for IT support where I work and the vast majority of the issues are due to user error. I had a friend calling me for over a week to take a look at his PC because the sound wasn't working. I go over look at it and notice that the power light on the speaker isn't on. Come to find out he unplugged the power cord to the speaker and forgot to plug it back in .

[knocks on wood] My PB has been running fine. I loaded up the android player played with it for a little while then wiped the whole thing and waiting for the offical player.
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 07-26-11 at 01:58 PM.
    07-26-11 01:53 PM
    Most problems are probably PEBCAP errors
    07-26-11 02:04 PM
    I have a PlayBook for a week now and feel great to have made a decision to buy it. I can carry it around without feeling like a show-off and acts as a perfect extension for my BB.

I don't think using the iPad would have given me the same joy since it does not have a full browser (my most used app). In that sense, I feel lucky to have visited CB forums before making a buying decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 02:45 PM
    Most problems are hardware issues - there's a loose nut between the PB and the chair...
    rjshahan likes this.
    07-26-11 02:47 PM
    Most problems are probably PEBCAP errors
    Lol that is hilarious. You should update the wikipedia user error page to include that.
    07-26-11 02:57 PM
    I love this thread! No trolls and no gripers...just us happy, overjoyed, really satisfied and patiently waiting for more PB owners.

Pre-ordered my PB from Best Buy but when I could get one on launch day instead of having to wait for my pre-order to be filled and shipped (go figure), I switched it to store pick-up and have been a happy user ever since.

I bought my wife an I-Pad for Christmas because the PB wasn't out yet. She now refers to her iPad as her Playbook!
    07-26-11 03:29 PM
    ya im in the good happy crowd too. i love my PB. my bro has one and im slowly getting my mom on the bandwagon, as soon as i can find an app that will turn her hand wrighten notes that she does on the pb to convert to text.
    07-26-11 03:56 PM
    Yup me too. Had my PB a week, actually the Friday after launch. Not a single problem except for that one botched update that they pulled (and fixed quickly). It keeps getting better too.

There are always going to be people that are umm innocently clueless. Like not putting oil in their car...regularly.
    07-26-11 04:03 PM
    First let me say that I don't mean to rub salt into the wounds of those who've had or are having problems.

I bought my first PB, a 64GB on April 22nd and didn't have a single problem with hardware or software. Then on July 8th I returned it to Best Buy due to something they caused. I took the next week to check out the other tablets including the iPad. I was not impressed with any of them so I bought a 32GB PB on July 14th and again no problems. In just two days I used almost half the storage and decided to exchange it for a 64GB which I did on July 16th and still no problems.

Then on July 19th I received an email from Staples with a coupon for $100 off most tablets. I called Best Buy and explained the situation asking them if there was anything they can do. The girl in consumer relations told me that I could get a price match guarantee credit. The store didn't agree. So on July 22nd I bought a 64GB at Staples and returned the third one to Best Buy.

So here it is July 26th and I'm on my 4th PB and I haven't had any of the problems that I read about here on a daily basis.

I have to stop and wonder how many of the problems we read about are actually a product defect or caused by the user.

A few days ago we read about the leaked Android player and now we read thread after thread with issues from installing something that's not ready for everyday use.

It reminds me of people I work with who know very little about computers and have an older one but keep installing software after software and when it crashes because they don't have enough RAM or their hard drive drags from being loaded to capacity and has never been defraged they moan and groan and blame the company.

I for one am very happy with my PlayBook and I'm content on waiting for software when it's ready for use

Same here, from a hardware and browser capability perspective i am really happy with PB (so i bought one for me and one for my gf) and like any other PB owner i am waiting for Native Email and BBM and other IM clients. I dont need any app since my browser can get me what i need. I showed my PB to my boss and showed him that PB is superior to ipad and we will be including PB for our Mobile Computing project and guess which tablet i will be testing on

No problem with hardware, no problem with android player and no problem with battery life.
    07-26-11 04:18 PM
    Yes - there is the occasional problem which I've resolved - and it is a bit of a waiting game with functionality, but I'm also a very happy camper from day one. Everything still to come is pure gravy.....bring it on!!
    07-26-11 04:43 PM
    I knew what I needed and I bought my PlayBook. I'm a die hard BlackBerry fan so there really wasn't any other choice. But I have a BlackBerry so I don't need native email & all the other crap that people keep whining about. I just don't understand why having native email on a wifi device is so bloody important!

I use my PlayBook for the browser that's mainly it. My wife uses it to go online and stream chinese drama shows and I hooked it up to the tv with the micro hdmi output. I even took a picture of the setup and put it as my BBM avatar. I've had a few BBM friends that bought an iPad2 ask me "hey, can my iPad do that?". It brings me great pleasure to reply "Nope!".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 04:46 PM
    Got my 64 GB on 4/19. I've had a very few minor problems, just about off of which I found the solution here. I've no major complaints, and i use my baby every day.
    07-26-11 04:53 PM
    No issues yet.. whatsoever.
    07-26-11 05:09 PM
    no "issues" to report here either, loving it

reason i put issues in inverted commas there though is because it depends what you call an issue. If i'm using a pc and explorer crashes, i dont consider it a real issue as i can kill and restart it from the command line or task manager, give the same issue to someone who doesnt know what theyre doing though and it needs a full restart

it's the same with the playbook, ive had issues where the wifi would drop or not connect, most people would say "well the laptop works so it must be the pb", then youd either have a threadnought unleashed on some poor unsuspecting forum, or a return to the store. In my case but it was the router not putting out enough juice/getting interference from the 5 power bricks sat next to it, but i sussed that out rather quickly and problem is now solved and working fine

Different horses for different courses i suppose, but personally im more than happy with the pb, despite any "issues"
    07-26-11 05:34 PM
    Well, let me be the first to complain! Ever since I got my PB my husband has been bugging me that he needs to get one, and I need to do some creative financing to make it happen! So he questions everything I purchase saying "couldn't that have gone into my playbook fund"?

I mean, the other day we were in a restaurant and I ordered a coke while he went to the restroom (I had originally said nothing to drink). He just went on and on about how that could have gone into his playbook fund, and how I'm not taking his NEED for his OWN playbook seriously!

It's getting on my nerves!
    OniBerry and eds817 like this.
    07-26-11 06:20 PM
    The only part of bad luck I had was Staples selling me a recalled one and then the replacement having a dead pixel. i walked out of staples with my PB have had no regrets. Best tablet I've owned...ipad and xoom were the others. all have advantages but the PB has exactly what im looking for. the icing in the cske would be the ability to rent movies so i can watch when i travel
    07-26-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD