I love my playbook. But sometimes when it does stupid stuff like this it gets me so frustrated.

I launch an app and it just fails to launch. It won't work. Like I FRICKEN wanna play SpiderMan!! But my playbook isn't letting me right now...

Every now and then it does this and just fails to launch apps and it is just so frustrating..
    05-07-12 05:04 PM
    It doesn't matter, security is more important.
    Tools not toys, now get back to work
    05-07-12 05:08 PM
    my playbook lets me open all apps but the only problems i have is wen i close the browser the pb crashes and freezes for about a minuet or so

i only have a 16gb,so i will prob need to delete my history ect
    05-07-12 05:08 PM
    Restart it. If that doesn't fix it, try uninstalling Spiderman, restart the PB, then reinstall it.

Report back so we know if it worked, please!
    05-07-12 05:19 PM
    Exactly what he said ^^ . I personally haven't come across this problem yet, but a restart, or reinstall of the app will fix it.
    05-07-12 05:42 PM
    I find that if its on for a couple of days either charging or not, sometimes the apps close after another has been opened. I had BB News open then the browser and email. When i try to go back to news its gone. I tried it again a few times same thing happened.

Did a restart and it fixed it. If it doesnt, i do a shutdown then reboot. Problem solved.
    05-07-12 05:49 PM
    When the Playbook runs very low on memory, apps will start to close, or sometimes refuse to open, from past experiences.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-07-12 06:00 PM
    Devices that were wiped then fully reinstalled seem to have fewer problems than devices that have been upgraded.
    05-07-12 06:52 PM
    Is Spiderman an Android app?
    05-07-12 06:56 PM
    Which reminds me F2, how can we tell if it's an Android App or Native, when in AppWorld?
    05-07-12 08:41 PM
    Which reminds me F2, how can we tell if it's an Android App or Native, when in AppWorld?
    Folks claim you can tell by looking at the app pictures. I guess I'm not that discerning. Frankly, I have not purchased very many apps recently blindly. So I've seen a review on the CB blog or another user and that can generally help with the determination.

I agree with others who think rim should disclose that fact. After all, Android apps currently do not multitask fluidly like native apps. That can be a deciding factor for some folks. But I don't think rim wants folks weeding out Android apps so I don't think we will see such disclosure soon.
    jafobabe and ninjarider1978 like this.
    05-07-12 09:21 PM
    I love my playbook. But sometimes when it does stupid stuff like this it gets me so frustrated.

I launch an app and it just fails to launch. It won't work. Like I FRICKEN wanna play SpiderMan!! But my playbook isn't letting me right now...

Every now and then it does this and just fails to launch apps and it is just so frustrating..
    That sounds like what happens when you sideload a bar, then do a software update on your playbook, but retain the older version of the .bar (sometimes, they aren't compatible and an application update is needed - Let's Golf 2 HD had this issue when OS2 was released, they have since updated the application and now it works great again, same with UNO).

This might not be your situation, but it's the only time I've heard of anything like this happening, aside from incompatible android apps, they often crash when loaded due to missing dependancies or whatever other issue is making it incompatible :P

Maybe try seeing if there is a newer version of Spiderman than what you have, and loading that one up instead? I have that game, and it works fine on the newest official Playbook OS.
    05-07-12 09:32 PM
    Is Spiderman an Android app?
    Nope, native...
    05-07-12 09:34 PM
    The majority of games are native, there are some exceptions like Pool Break Pro
    05-07-12 09:42 PM
    Sorry to hear you're having such a struggle. I haven't run into this issue but then again I'm one of those weirdos who likes to turn off their pb just for the heck of it from time to time (just because I can ). Hoping a restart puts things right for you.
    05-07-12 09:57 PM
    Nope, native...
    Would you tell me how I can spot this, when looking at AppWorld? Is there some clue that I should look for before I decide to purchase?

I really do want to know.
    05-07-12 10:11 PM
    I've had that a few times after an app updates. If I uninstall, restart then reinstall it has always fixed the app.
    05-07-12 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD