****EDIT**** I WAS BEING SARCASTIC ABOUT ALMOST PUNCHING ANOTHER PERSON, SOME PEOPLE DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THIS..... I GUESS I DID A POOR JOB OF EXPLAINING THAT SARCASM********

While on vacation last week, i ventured into one of the local futureshop stores to pick up a new microsd card for my 9810.

While there, my friend and i wondered over to the tablet section
    to see if they had any deals on accessories for my playbook.

As per usual there were no deals, but my friend was interested in learning about the new os 2.0 so we wondered over to the demo units.

As im standing there giving him a lesson on the device, a fshop employee walks over and without even being asked anything interrupts and says " those are the biggest piece of junk ever, i wouldnt even buy one if they sold it to me for 25 cents."

Irritated and looking for a fight i asked him why?

He responded that they have "the highest defective rate
    of any product fshop has ever sold"

So i asked " defective as in didnt work ?
    Or defective as in people bought them and they didnt like
    it cause it didn't play angry birds or have fart apps and returned them"

He says " they are just a garbage product and they dont work"

So i said, "let me guess your an apple jock sniffer arent you"

He didnt give me and answer just told me that even the new os 2.0 is junk,
    and they bricked 4 playbooks just trying to update to the new os.

I said thats funny cause they 8 that i bought for people for xmas updated just fine.

Even the one that i had running the beta os, and rooted updated with no issues.

He then tells me this big story about "A good buddy of his managers"
    who brought his playbook in cause it wouldnt update, and even their
    super-duper tech guys couldnt get it to work.

I called him out on that and told him he was full of it.

He then goes back to his point of not even paying 25 cents for it,
    cause its useless and cant do anything.

I told him, "guess what tool, this is a business machine, designed for business people,
    i use it for work and it works great for what i want it to do."

Pissed off, i tossed down the sd card and started to walk away,
    and he fires back that he bought a touchpad and its much better than the playbook.

This is what pisses me off about the perception that the playbook has, and the terrible job that these retailers are doing of representing a product that they sell.

I had a similar experience at staples when i bought my original playbook in may.
    I had to search the store to find the playbook display, i finally found it way in the back of the store almost in the clearance section.

I could tell this tool has never used it for more than 5 minutes.

Just goes to show you that these iddiots at these retail stores are not the "product experts" they claim to be and are simply going to sell you what they want to push.

Sorry to rant, just the ignorance to such a great product at an unbelievable price frustrates me to no end.
    Last edited by Jsolts; 02-28-12 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Needed to clear up a point
    02-26-12 01:40 PM
    Ya pretty much same experience I had at Best buy today, they were incapable of updating the Playbook and they blamed Rim and 3 workers laughingly joked that theyve been trying to update it for the past 3-4 days.
    02-26-12 01:43 PM
    Well, cool story brah, sounds like Fshop in CA is a lot like WorstBuy in USA as far as empoyees, but I don't think this thread is going anywhere good.
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-26-12 01:46 PM
    Don't get mad and violent. Pity these poor souls. They are doing the best they can with what god has given them.

As my grandpappy always used to say..you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh**.
    02-26-12 01:46 PM
    You also have to remember one important fact. Futureshop salespeople are on commission. So, they will always be trying to sell you the most expensive item that they can. And, of course, half of them do not have clue.
    auditman, andrew.t11 and Jake2826 like this.
    02-26-12 01:49 PM
    Well, cool story brah, sounds like Fshop in CA is a lot like WorstBuy in USA as far as empoyees, but I don't think this thread is going anywhere good.
    BB owns FS
    02-26-12 01:50 PM
    Sounds like the OP needs anger management.
    Chrisy, Mystic205, Rello and 3 others like this.
    02-26-12 01:50 PM
    BB owns FS
    Yah, I know that, just commenting about their employees being similarly trained (or not).
    02-26-12 01:52 PM
    Funny post

The sheeple will selectively hear what they want to. At times these sheeple work at retail outlets as we've seen.
    02-26-12 01:54 PM
    Are you guys ten years old? Getting into it over a tablet? I don't understand.
    02-26-12 01:55 PM
    Police: "Why did you shoot this man?"

"He insulted my tablet!!!!!"
    Last edited by dave1701; 02-26-12 at 03:26 PM.
    artie, bitek, fernandez21 and 10 others like this.
    02-26-12 02:00 PM
    The only thing to do if you get poor service is to report the person to their boss, then the store to the manufacturer. Retraining is called for.

I bought a BlackBerry yesterday - the guy listened to what I wanted, made a few suggestions, didn't try to sell me more than I needed, didn't run down BlackBerry. We had a reasonable conversation about Apple - both said we want to hate their stuff, but agreed we don't. We disagreed over a couple of things, discussed Crackberry, and the PlayBook - this, my friends, is Orange.....

Anyway, he said they had recently had some product training from RIM Sadly they don't sell the PlayBook, but they are about 5 units away from PC World, who do. There is also an Apple store opposite - maybe RIM need to open stores of their own, who knows. They definitely need to be more aggressive in their marketing.

I now have a BlackBerry pen and a 'BBM*' 4GB USB stick.....
    joski and sk8er_tor like this.
    02-26-12 02:09 PM
    First off, your first mistake was even going in to a Future Shop ( he says with tongue in cheek) as they (from my experience) know mostly nothing about much of their products. Basically high pressure people trying to talk you into something you don't want. .Then try to get satisfaction if you do buy and something goes wrong. forget it..

Secondly,, Best Buy OWNS Future Shop lock stock and barrel , but do keep it operating as as separate identity.. same mentality tho..

02-26-12 02:14 PM
    I don't pity those souls. They should know better. Not even a salesperson worthy.
    A salesperson is there to sell products with their smooth talkative talks.
    Not to bash a product right away without having any sense of knowledge about it.
    If a customer is interested in a product, show them your smooth talks not to smooth bash.
    Listen to the customer add suggestions. Make the customer feel comfortable about it.
    Don't push a customer into buying a product without him/her knowing what's good about it.
    Apparently he is trollingnib.
    02-26-12 02:22 PM
    Tell the manager and/or head office. Regardless of the products in question he was rude and that is no good.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-26-12 02:31 PM
    It all comes down to training and product knowledge. Was @ walmart three weeks ago a friend of mine works there and saw me looking @ pb display. He ask me don't get that get ipad its better. I ask him why? He said that's what his manager tells them that pb is no good. I got him to hook up the pb to a power cnx. (pb was unplug). I showed him basic pb gestures and how it multitasking. His like wow I didn't know pb can do that. I showed him the pb demo video his like wow great display. It's like he never saw one turned on and he works in that dept.
    alan510 likes this.
    02-26-12 02:45 PM
    Tell the manager and/or head office. Regardless of the products in question he was rude and that is no good.
    absolutely, i would complain because this is poor customer service.
    02-26-12 02:50 PM
    I'd f*ckin report that pr*ck to his manager if I were you and any other who act the same way as him. He has no right to talk to a customer like that while on the sales floor. Simple, if they start to be rude and idiotic, just complain to the manager and in theory you've won.
    02-26-12 02:56 PM
    I walked into a FutureShop in Edmonton years ago. I worked on the oil rigs back then. I was dirty as all heck. Work boots the whole deal. I was treated like a criminal the whole time employees were spying on me like i was going to jack something. Not one employee helped me and the store manager walked behind me as i walked out. I drove over to The Brick and bought my surround sound system from them instead.
    02-26-12 03:06 PM
    To be fair to the futureshop employee, the only reason I went with the playbook is because hp pretty much killed webos. If the touchpad and webos was still around I would of got that over the playbook. I only got the playbook because the qnx looks similar to webos.
    02-26-12 03:13 PM
    @op: you sort of acted like a child. And honestly you were the one being a tool, calling him an "apple jock sniffer". What would you report him for? Giving his opinion? No one would probably even care. And throwing a temper tantrum....really bro?

Sent from the best mobile device ever --Samsung Galaxy Note
    Chrisy, reeneebob and pri79269 like this.
    02-26-12 03:18 PM
    I was very happy to pick my PlayBook up at Wal-mart at new years. I have no clue how futureshop or best buy stay in business. The levels of ineptitude I have seen and heard are beyond belief.
    taylor96 likes this.
    02-26-12 03:36 PM
    Police: "Why did you shoot this man?"

"He insulted my tablet!!!!!"

Or there's a big brawl in BestBuy/FutureShop that spreads to other stores then a city-wide riot that started when the salesman spoke pb smack
    currentodysseys and pri79269 like this.
    02-26-12 03:40 PM
    Yeah, that's the problem with the Fan-boy community. They get on a thread about a piece of tech that they haven't ever used and try to out do each other on how bad (or good) something is based on their peers say. They just Blow.
    02-26-12 03:41 PM
    I walked into a FutureShop in Edmonton years ago. I worked on the oil rigs back then. I was dirty as all heck. Work boots the whole deal. I was treated like a criminal the whole time employees were spying on me like i was going to jack something. Not one employee helped me and the store manager walked behind me as i walked out.
    Well come on man, you were probably carrying the Tommy gun at FutureShop and they watched the episode of Star Trek:The Original Series when the crew of the Enterprise traveled back in time to the early gangster years in the Unites States of America.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    02-26-12 04:04 PM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD