I bet if he stole it and found out it didn't have native email or BBM he would've kindly returned it.
    no, if he stole it and found out he could not sell it for sh!!t, he would've kindly returned it
    11-20-11 12:46 AM
    Probably thought it was an iPad.
    11-20-11 12:56 AM
    Definitely have to be more aware of your surroundings.
    I ride the NYC Subway every day for work all across Qnz, Brooklyn,Bronx and Manhattan and hear stories all the time about people getting jacked.. that's why anytime I catch a dude staring at me longer than 2 seconds I grill back and tell them "what the f**k you looking at" or if they're further down the cart I grill them back and notion to them that I will f**k them up.. on every occasion they either turn away knowing they've been caught or leave the cart to the next.. only once did a guy try to get smart and I told him that "Im not no conversationalist, either step to or step off" .. he backed away and moved down the cart .. most of the time if u let these people know u will pull their card they will move on and leave u alone.. till this day I've never been robbed.
    Cpt.GargameL likes this.
    11-20-11 08:04 AM
    Was this around the Nanimo area? that place is icky, but Broadway can be worse. I used to have to walk a few blocks from there to my place and used to see groups of guys in their early 20's having no business loitering the area. Now that I live in Calgary, I see a similar thing in the park near the C-train station, always a few guys just hanging around for no reason even now in the -20C temps, at times like that i prefer to wait 25-30 minutes for the bus that takes me 2 blocks down the street rather than walking 5 minutes to my house through those guys.
    Last edited by sookster54; 11-20-11 at 08:47 AM.
    11-20-11 08:45 AM
    Shaw. I only wish we were in Charleston. Shaw itself is nice. Sumter on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    I've heard that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-11 09:08 PM
    Was this around the Nanimo area? that place is icky, but Broadway can be worse. I used to have to walk a few blocks from there to my place and used to see groups of guys in their early 20's having no business loitering the area. Now that I live in Calgary, I see a similar thing in the park near the C-train station, always a few guys just hanging around for no reason even now in the -20C temps, at times like that i prefer to wait 25-30 minutes for the bus that takes me 2 blocks down the street rather than walking 5 minutes to my house through those guys.
    No, this was in the Edmonds area in Burnaby. I think the skytrain route in general is pretty sketchy now
    12-03-11 04:04 AM
    Hey, addicts. I updated my original post with what's happened to me since the attempted mugging. It's pretty unbelievable.
    12-03-11 04:08 AM
    Carry pepper spray.
    12-03-11 04:13 AM
    Good read and glad to hear you still have your PB in hand!

12-03-11 05:24 AM
    did not know that kind of thing happens in Canada! glad you are ok.
    12-03-11 11:09 PM
    In a half-second of incredulity, I thought in my head "Does this LOOK like an iPad, jackass??" I had two options to this situation: A) call his bluff about having a knife and kick his *** and smash his face in with my Otterbox-encased Playbook or B)

how many people already agreed once you read option A?

Glad your okay..!!
    12-03-11 11:31 PM
    i work with recovering (and not so recovering) addicts in Surrey, so i'm exposed to violence and aggression on a daily basis...as such, i'd be more inclined to handle this situation in a way that could easily see me dead or in jail...i'm glad to see you handled it in the manner you did and got yourself out of an ugly situation with far fewer complications than i would have caused for myself. Well done, and nice to hear your Playbaby has a good, responsible parent!
    12-03-11 11:44 PM
    The Playbook and probably your phone are equipped with a camera ...

Unfortunately, this is going to haunt you for awhile. Just being pick pocketed on public transportation with no threat took time to feel comfortable again.
    12-04-11 01:31 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD