Look people, chill out, take a breather. What is your problem. This is the best hardware device RIM ever released. Forget about apple, android, concentrate on RIM because this is the best thing they got and ever released. This has superior hardware and insane potential. Just be happy that RIM didn't delay this another several weeks. They are just not used to releasing such an advaned device... Eventually things will catch up to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 11:00 AM
    What's wrong with people returning their PB? It's their choice.
    04-21-11 11:05 AM
    What's wrong with people returning their PB? It's their choice.
    Nothing unless they knew before they bought it that it would be awhile before it's complete. If they knew why did they buy it in the first place?
    04-21-11 11:09 AM
    Well even start a thread like this if you read through the threads its a small handful of hate . Each person that has soothing bad to say status a thread jesus. Go read the sticky of got my playbook there are 20 PAGES of people in love with it maybe we should ask each one of them to start a thread can you imagine .
    The number of unhappy people is small its just looks like a lot because each one wants to start a thread
    missing_K-W likes this.
    04-21-11 11:10 AM
    Well even start a thread like this if you read through the threads its a small handful of hate . Each person that has soothing bad to say status a thread jesus. Go read the sticky of got my playbook there are 20 PAGES of people in love with it maybe we should ask each ob of them to start a thread can you imagine .
    The number of unhappy people is small its just looks like a lot because each one wants to start a thread
    04-21-11 11:13 AM
    Here's the problem...RIM SHOULD have waited to release the PB, and to even announce it. They announced it early because they wanted to let people know about the advanced hardware at the time, but now it's just on par with everyone else. Plus there seems that there was no quality control, as there are a ton of people with dead pixels. I wanted a PB so badly when it was announced, but the fact that they were late with release coupled with the fact that there is obviously a major problem with the software shows that they rushed it to market. By the time the software catched up with it's potential, it'll be outdated by other platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I love my BB and do not see myself jumping ship as far as their phones go, but the PB, in it's current form appears to be barely on the useful side of a paperweight that glows.

04-21-11 11:14 AM
    Well even start a thread like this if you read through the threads its a small handful of hate . Each person that has soothing bad to say status a thread jesus. Go read the sticky of got my playbook there are 20 PAGES of people in love with it maybe we should ask each one of them to start a thread can you imagine .
    Not only that...same people posting redundant drama....

New platform..if you don't like it..wait a couple months
    Eventually things will catch up to them.

Some people are not comfortable on spending 500-700 on a device for the "promise" that everything will be made better at sometime in the future when the "future" could be anywhere from tomorrow till next year.

At my local futureshop, there were already five playbooks returned on day two. Obviously not representative of anything beyond this store but it does show that people have returned the device.

Still, the number of returns pale in comparison to the returns of the Xoom according to the CSR's here.
    It was well known before launch day that the Playbook would be missing a few features at first. It's not like the lack of native email, calendar, etc. was a big secret.

Some people just like to whine, I guess.
    DaNomadicOne likes this.
    04-21-11 11:16 AM
    You know I had the Galaxy Tab for a short time and returned it just to laggy and stayed with my Pad and now I have the Book and even with the lack of some apps right now so far its a keeper for me, love it and man its so smooth...
    04-21-11 11:20 AM
    It was well known before launch day that the Playbook would be missing a few features at first. It's not like the lack of native email, calendar, etc. was a big secret.

IMHO, with the amount of time between when they announvcced and when they launched, it shouldn't have been missing anything. Period.

SevereDeceit likes this.
    04-21-11 11:20 AM
    IMHO, with the amount of time between when they announvcced and when they launched, it shouldn't have been missing anything. Period.

One could say the exact same thing about the iPad, as well as many other electronics products. One can always wait for the updates and purchase at that point. I don't own stock in RIM and don't care what people do, one way or another.
    DaNomadicOne likes this.
    04-21-11 11:26 AM
    IT doesnt matter how long Rim waits, there are always bugs with every type of release they have.

I own both Mac, Ipad 2, Ipad, Torch and Playbook.

How come all of my apple products come WORKING out of the box?
    04-21-11 11:30 AM
    Look people, chill out, take a breather. What is your problem. This is the best hardware device RIM ever released. Forget about apple, android, concentrate on RIM because this is the best thing they got and ever released. This has superior hardware and insane potential. Just be happy that RIM didn't delay this another several weeks. They are just not used to releasing such an advaned device... Eventually things will catch up to them.

ROFL "They are just not used to releasing such an advaned device" I love that line!!!

Awesome
    04-21-11 11:30 AM
    Would anyone here buy a car that had only 90 hp, manual windows, and no A/C, but the potential is there and they'll make a computer update to get you 200hp later, make the windows work right, and make it so you have working A/C? No. You'd think that the car company was stupid for putting out the car with features that don't work right.

04-21-11 11:31 AM
    IT doesnt matter how long Rim waits, there are always bugs with every type of release they have.

I am having deja vu and this one is suffering from selective amnesia.....lol
    04-21-11 11:32 AM

As far as I know, nobody knew of the At&T bridge block, no Mac Compatibility and the issue of an SD slot was also very much up in the air.

Also no BBM on launch day was, AFAIK not a known issue. These are all pretty big unknowns and could be causing many of the returns. RIM was less than forthcoming in not revealing these prior to launch and is paying a price for that. Certainly the PB is not dead, but PB is missing more than "a few features" for many users.
    04-21-11 11:33 AM
    Some people are not comfortable on spending 500-700 on a device for the "promise" that everything will be made better at sometime in the future when the "future" could be anywhere from tomorrow till next year.
    Playstation 3 was the same way.

it had an huge price tag, but not a ton support to start. its hardware was, and still is far superior to Xbox, and has really come into its own.

it took awhile, and i think it's going to take time for people to really understand what PlayBook can do and the intended purpose.

i took the chance on PS3, and i think i won. i'm taking the chance on PlayBook, and i bet it'll be another win.
    04-21-11 11:34 AM

DUDE!! It's not up to you to decide if someone should or shouldn't keep a device that THEY paid for. Take a chill pill.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    04-21-11 11:34 AM
    As far as I know, nobody knew of the At&T bridge block, no Mac Compatibility and the issue of an SD slot was also very much up in the air.
    I can understand the hard feelings about AT&T. No one saw that coming, but that is more an issue with the carrier than with the manufacturer.

Anyone who thought there would be an SD card by launch day was delusional. RIM never promised one and no pictures ever showed an SD card slot. There were many discussions about this.

I don't know anything about the Mac compatibility issue, so I'll give you that one. Don't own a Mac myself.
    04-21-11 11:42 AM

Because iOS is a seasoned TESTED operating system.

Plus, you gotta also consider, iOS locks down a lot of stuff that blackberry doesn't to control how the owner can use the device. For example, no file system access. Without a 3rd party app, on an ipad, you can't even send an attachment unless its a picture. Since this stuff is locked down, there's less room for bugs and user error.

I like the way RIM lets you pretty much control the device the way you want to. I was pretty stunned when i got my first iOS device (ipad 2) and realized i had to purchase another app just to allow me to send a document via email.

This is one of the main reasons i'm choosing to keep my playbook regardless of the issues here and there.
    kbeard26 likes this.
    04-21-11 11:42 AM

I would have been more than happy for RIM to delay it another few weeks to get it right out the box and include everything that should be included.
    04-21-11 11:43 AM
    Here's the problem...RIM SHOULD have waited to release the PB, and to even announce it. They announced it early because they wanted to let people know about the advanced hardware at the time, but now it's just on par with everyone else. Plus there seems that there was no quality control, as there are a ton of people with dead pixels. I wanted a PB so badly when it was announced, but the fact that they were late with release coupled with the fact that there is obviously a major problem with the software shows that they rushed it to market. By the time the software catched up with it's potential, it'll be outdated by other platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I love my BB and do not see myself jumping ship as far as their phones go, but the PB, in it's current form appears to be barely on the useful side of a paperweight that glows.

People B*tch*ng because the PB was delayed and now because it came out too early

Jeez Louise
    04-21-11 12:16 PM
    I just wish I would have known that if my company has an IT policy enabled on the BlackBerry device, and my company is not going to install the Playbook policy on the back end, the Playbook cannot bridge to my BlackBerry. If I would have known that, I would not have bought (and returned) the Playbook.
    04-21-11 12:23 PM
    People B*tch*ng because the PB was delayed and now because it came out too early

Jeez Louise
    That is what I find is the most hilarious.... Can you imagine if they pushed it back....

Look, this is inherent of a forum, people who are happy are using it and loving life, not posting OMG I love it/hate it threads.
    04-21-11 12:30 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD