Most articles about the PB say it came out to poor reviews, yet every article about every other Tablet came out to poor reviews including iPad. Am I correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 10:25 AM
    true to a point, the analysts like to think of tablets as a PC review, and really review them on what they would expect out of them. Where they should really write on what they really are meant for.

They also barely spend anytime with them, like a few days an then gotta go to print.

Go read BGR's write on how the PB is his favourite. Its really good.
    07-13-11 10:27 AM
    every tab has bad reviews and good reviews. You just have to find the right ones. I think many reviewers are going to compare any other tablet to the iPad which means they have a lot to live up to. So while they might not be as good as the iPad they can still be good tabs in their own right
    07-13-11 03:29 PM
    They're all biased as heck - intentional or not.

#1 complaint I'd read about the PlayBook: "It's too small."

It's not a bad thing. Period. It's an option. It's like saying Honda is a foolish company for selling some of their vehicles in red paint. It's there because someone will want that.

#2 is the lack of native email, calendar, etc.

It makes it not suitable for certain people. Others just won't care. Even if I didn't have a BB smartphone, I wouldn't use the tablet's email app. I have a Mac at home for that. If I need to do a quick check, web mail is there.

Nothing is perfect. It's just whether or not it is perfect for you.
    07-13-11 03:37 PM
    #1 complaint I'd read about the PlayBook: "It's too small."

It's not a bad thing. Period. It's an option. It's like saying Honda is a foolish company for selling some of their vehicles in red paint. It's there because someone will want that.
    No, it's not like paint color, but because you can get Hondas in other colors. The PlayBook only comes in one size, so when a reviewer complains that it's too small, it's more like someone claiming the Honda Fit is too small. Remember, reviews are opinions. if a reviewer thinks the PlayBook is too small, you have to accept that as the reviewer's opinion. Similarly, if they pick up a 10-inch tablet and complain it's too bag, that's their opinion, and opinion is the point of reviews.
    07-13-11 04:01 PM
    Even people on this forum that like the playbook give it negative reviews. When you tell someone saying that its a pos, and you tell them that they should of done research. That is a bad review in itself. I know some people think its clever and a defense , but its not. Its the worse review anyone can give to a device.
    07-13-11 04:49 PM
    Best UI, best hardware, best OS, most secure email, killer bridge app, best browser. Yep. Just terrible.
    07-13-11 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD