I'd rather just pay a little extra and get a Google TV, TBQH... Or use a PlayStation III/XBox 360 depending on what you want to use it for...

Or, ****, hook up your computer/laptop to it via HDMI and use a Wireless keyboard mouse. That's a much better solution than a Playbook...
    See, these forums, keep on trying to convince each other why not to buy this and that. Sure, that's you, go abd buy your google tv etc.

I have plans for my playbook, I can see my playbook as a replacement of my pc full stop.

So yeah, I have my needs and you have yours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 03:58 AM
    [QUOTE=jvic31;6230107]So true it bears repeating. Well said buddy.

Playbook has a front-facing camera, but no video chat application.
    Playbook won't let you compose email while riding on a transoceanic flight Think about that for a moment...you have to love RIM more than family to stand up and defend that kind of incompleteness as a feature.

It really is half-baked. Those that buy it will do so on faith.[/QUOTES

Sorry, if I'm on a transoceanic flight and want to compose an email I do it on my BB phone. In fact, I don't get all the hype about the bridge except for the the access to the internet that's been talked about today. I'm getting one because I can do Office apps, presentations, access the web, etc. and I believe in its potential.

Why did I buy my first Ipod touch? Not because of apps (that didn't really exist) or to do email (Apple rolled that out several months later). I liked the touch interface better than past ipods for playing music and I believed in the potential of that. I would say that was better than waiting for a "complete" product (which by the way is still evolving). Nuff said
    04-17-11 05:27 AM
    Playbook has a front-facing camera, but
    no video chat application.
    Want a nickel's worth of free advice? Check your info for accuracy before posting it as "fact". If you do not, people will ignore what you said because you will be judged as uninformed and those precious moments of your life you spent posting will be wasted.

Build .1504 added video chat.
    Last I heard they were up to build .1684 and that was days ago, and this OS is being added to and refined at a lightning fast pace.

A company that writes software that is running military jet fighters knows what it is doing.

With that new "check your facts" weapon in your arsenal, you will do much better debating in the future.

Just out of curiosity, which tablet on the market do you judge "complete"? The ipad2 whose OS cannot make correct use of its dual core processor, or the xoom which launched with 11 apps?

My guess you will save face and not respond to this post but it is here more for the enlightenment of the thousands of other forum posters more than anything.

And by the way this post was written by somebody that doesn't cut RIM any slack.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 04-17-11 at 05:52 AM.
    tumer likes this.
    04-17-11 05:44 AM
    Want a nickel's worth of free advice? Check your info for accuracy before posting it as "fact". If you do not, people will ignore what you said because you will be judged as uninformed and those precious moments of your life you spent posting will be wasted.

Last I heard they were up to build .1684 and that was days ago, and this OS is being added to and refined at a lightning fast pace.

A company that writes software that is running military jet fighters knows what it is doing.

With that new "check your facts" weapon in your arsenal, you will do much better debating in the future.

Touch�, couldn't have said it better

04-17-11 06:09 AM
    Just out of curiosity, which tablet on the market do you judge "complete"? The ipad2 whose OS cannot make correct use of its dual core processor, or the xoom which launched with 11 apps?

My guess you will save face and not respond to this post but it is here more for the enlightenment of the thousands of other forum posters more than anything.

And by the way this post was written by somebody that doesn't cut RIM any slack.
    To be fair to the Xoom and any other honeycomb tablets, the vast majority of existing android apps will run just fine on them too and look a lot better than the ****ty 2x mode that apple used for iphone apps on the ipad, so that figure of 11 apps isn't a big deal.
    04-17-11 06:12 AM
    There is only one thing that I'm missing on the playbook yet. A Touch Bold.

04-17-11 07:56 AM

Another one of apples failing having 2 major products dependent on the same OS but come out at diffrent times of the year. But ios 5 will be dual core and thats in the same tine frame as the playbooks email update.

Also the playboos app slection looks worse from a polishstandard than the 100 app honeycomb collection.
    04-17-11 09:08 AM
    I'm more stoked than ever to get the PlayBook on Tuesday.
    04-17-11 03:59 PM
    Yep cant wait to get mine on tues!!
    04-17-11 04:06 PM
    Reading reviews is no substitute for hands on. I played with one in store, came straight home and pre-ordered. The screen playing HD video isn't touchable right now by any tablet on the market. The UI, even it's first release is better than anything on the market. Yes people that don't have a Blackberry and are obsessed on the lack of built in PIM and e-mail should wait till these features are added in a couple months. But for those of us who do own Blackberry's it is not an issue, so we can enjoy that sweet Playbook awesomeness sooner.
    04-17-11 04:49 PM
    Let's put a nice list or thread together listing all the things that "informed" reviewers and iPad cheerleaders have determined as serious issues that warrant staying away from the PB. Then let's track (honestly) how quickly these same issues are addressed. Heck, I'd be interested in that list too! Then let the numbers speak for themselves. "They" may be right, they may be wrong. But at the end of the day, who gives a ....? Come Tuesday, we'll all be too busy anyway.

No sense spending any more energy or time reacting to every Apple fanny comment that comes along. Same stuff over and over again.
    04-17-11 04:49 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD