All the playbooks are on sale.

Discount Price till Sept 8th: $179 (16GB), $229 (32GB), $279 (64GB)

BlackBerry PlayBook - RIM US

RIM's is saying "Access to the whole Internet � no exceptions"
    Do you think this true????

"BlackBerry PlayBook � the world�s first professional grade tablet"

The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet now with PlayBook OS 2.0 brings together the best of BlackBerry communications, powerful productivity tools, and your favorite applications, movies, and music to help you make the most out of every moment.

Discover a truly uncompromised tablet experience with the BlackBerry� PlayBook�. At less than half an inch thick, with a 1GHz dual core processor, it�s both ultra-portable and ultra-powerful, so you get high performance at every turn: stunning multimedia, true multitasking, and access to the whole Internet � no exceptions.
    08-13-12 10:24 AM
    No, but I think the Playbook is one of the best tablets for website compatibility.
    There's no tablet out there that offers 100% Of web content available today, but having Flash support does give the PB a leg up in this category. Whether you care about or need Flash is another thing entirely though.
    08-13-12 10:27 AM
    They've been on sale for weeks.
    08-13-12 10:36 AM
    I care about it. I use Flash on my PB daily. Being able to download files with the browser is important functionality as well. I was shocked to find out the iPad couldn't do this.
    kbz1960 and melb_me like this.
    08-13-12 11:47 AM
    All the playbooks are on sale.

Discount Price till Sept 8th: $179 (16GB), $229 (32GB), $279 (64GB)

BlackBerry PlayBook - RIM US

"BlackBerry PlayBook � the world�s first professional grade tablet"

The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet now with PlayBook OS 2.0 brings together the best of BlackBerry communications, powerful productivity tools, and your favorite applications, movies, and music to help you make the most out of every moment.

Discover a truly uncompromised tablet experience with the BlackBerry� PlayBook�. At less than half an inch thick, with a 1GHz dual core processor, it�s both ultra-portable and ultra-powerful, so you get high performance at every turn: stunning multimedia, true multitasking, and access to the whole Internet � no exceptions.
    I just don't know. I still can't search on a webpage or reorganize my bookmarks. I can't easily find the picture I just took with its camera and email it to someone - I have to search through 3,000+ images. The list could go on but that's sufficient for this thread.

But those are nice prices for the pb.
    08-13-12 11:50 AM
    Finally glad to see RIM using flash as a selling point. They can pretty much say that exclusively now that Adobe has abandoned JellyBean. You have to jump through some hoops to get flash on the Nexus 7 and PB is native support. I agree "No exceptions" is a little strong, though (e.g. Netflix site).
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 08-13-12 at 12:19 PM.
    08-13-12 12:17 PM
    *cough* silverlight *cough*
    08-13-12 02:15 PM
    "BlackBerry PlayBook – the world’s first professional grade tablet"

There ya go.

*Professional grade tablet.
    08-13-12 02:21 PM
    This is for F2: You could find and email a photo you just took using Files and Folders app. Just go to camera folder, sort by date created and descending (that outs your picture at the top), and then use F & F's send to to send your photo very easily. It's very quick, really.
    08-13-12 02:51 PM
    Flash is AWESOME I watched the dark Knight on my PlayBook last night. Nuff said.
    08-13-12 03:07 PM
    *cough* silverlight *cough*
    *cough* major apps *cough*
    mhinc likes this.
    08-13-12 03:09 PM
    Best Buy has refurbished 16GB playbooks for $129.99.

Has anyone ever purchased a factory refurbished Playbook, does it look new?

Can anyone confirm if it carries a 1 year RIM warranty?

Thanks

08-13-12 03:43 PM
    Don't buy refurbished with these saleprices at RIM.
    08-13-12 03:49 PM
    I just saw the $129 Best Buy price lol.
    I haven't bought a refurb PlayBook, but I've used refurbished tablets, phones, computers, etc., and never seen a significant difference.
    08-13-12 03:57 PM
    This sale has been going on for a while
    08-13-12 03:58 PM
    This is for F2: You could find and email a photo you just took using Files and Folders app. Just go to camera folder, sort by date created and descending (that outs your picture at the top), and then use F & F's send to to send your photo very easily. It's very quick, really.
    I should have noted that Files&Folders can do it, one picture at a time. But now if I want to send photoS from last week's photo album I'm in trouble.

Don't get me wrong, I like FilesFolders but the pb still needs some real help in the entire Folder Handling areas.
    08-13-12 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD